Sign in to follow this  
Fandangler

Gps

Hi, is anyone else having a problem getting the dc 6 to follow a GPS flight plan using the flight1 gtn? Since updating to P3d 4.1 I can't seem to get the green gps annunciation on the garmin dial to light up. It worked fine yesterday on P3d 4.0. It could of course by my error but I'm not doing anything differently, selecting the cdi to GPS etc

Tom boden

Hi Tom:

I have the Flight1 GNS530 and it does not work on P3D v4.1 either.

I guess we'll just have to wait for their comments or a patch.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

From F1 GTN support forums posted around 8 hours ago

We have released the GTN Complete, version 2.04
P3D V4.1 Compatibility
Another fix for the import of:
flight plans/checklists/user waypoints
Minor fixes to the GTN Gauges.
Fixes and improvements to the GTN Config.

Installation instructions:

Go to the sales website, redownload the GTN Complete V2.04Reinstall using the key.

Please note, we are in the process of updating the sales website to mention V2.04, so while we wait for this, do not worry if you see V2.03, it matters what the wrapper/installer says about this.

The Update Tool had to be patched as well and starting with the GTN Complete V2.04, it will work again for future version of P3D. As it is now, the GTN Complete has all the required P3D V4.0 and V4.1 GPS definitions. The Update Tool does not make reference to any V4 definitions, but do not worry.

We strongly suggest that all customers upgrade to v2.04

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

The Flight1 GTN Complete update for v4.1 is available, as Chris posted above.

The update for the GNS Complete, will be forthcoming.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

I installed the new version of the GTN complete edition (2.04). The plane is following the flight-plan entered in the GTN650, but i don't get the green GPS flag on the Garmin GI-106A instrument. Instead the red NAV warn flag is showing. Automatic course change is working fine though.

1 hour ago, TheFinn88 said:

I installed the new version of the GTN complete edition (2.04). The plane is following the flight-plan entered in the GTN650, but i don't get the green GPS flag on the Garmin GI-106A instrument. Instead the red NAV warn flag is showing. Automatic course change is working fine though.

Yes that's is exactly my issue too. It's as if it isn't 'talking' to the instrument anymore

Tom boden

Did anyone opened a ticket with us for this matter? If there is only a post in the forum this is definitely going to be overlooked. Don't forget the official way for support is the ticketing system

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

38 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Did anyone opened a ticket with us for this matter? If there is only a post in the forum this is definitely going to be overlooked. Don't forget the official way for support is the ticketing system

I'll open a ticket regarding this.

EDIT: Ticket has been opened.

Working directly with them through their support they had me try a few things that didn't work but what eventually did was removing a file called F1GPSGeneral.dat from C:\ProgramData\Flight One Software and that fixed the problem for me. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

1 hour ago, Ralgh said:

Working directly with them through their support they had me try a few things that didn't work but what eventually did was removing a file called F1GPSGeneral.dat from C:\ProgramData\Flight One Software and that fixed the problem for me. 

Thank you but the problem is always there on my side...GS and Nav flag Off...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Same for me, I've deleted the file but still get no GPS-flag or working NAV-bar. The problem still exists.

Regards,

3 hours ago, TheFinn88 said:

Same for me, I've deleted the file but still get no GPS-flag or working NAV-bar. The problem still exists.

Regards,

-Download and install again the 2.04 (there is a new 2.04 version, don't know if you got it. In doubt make again the procedure)

-Remove the F1GPSGeneral.dat file

-Quote from an user called Exor85 on the F1Gtn forum :

"I check the setting (course link and auto course select). All was active. So i disabled it all, save the config and enabled it all again and save it again.
Now, it works perfect. Seems, that the A2A config tool has an bug or so.
"

It works for me now with the A2A Comanche. Hope this help.

Just to add : my P3D4 is upddated to 4.1 with client and content. May be it's important, I don't know...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Also the Flight1 website may still say version 2.03 but it will download 2.04. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

17 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

-Download and install again the 2.04 (there is a new 2.04 version, don't know if you got it. In doubt make again the procedure)

-Remove the F1GPSGeneral.dat file

-Quote from an user called Exor85 on the F1Gtn forum :

"I check the setting (course link and auto course select). All was active. So i disabled it all, save the config and enabled it all again and save it again.
Now, it works perfect. Seems, that the A2A config tool has an bug or so.
"

It works for me now with the A2A Comanche. Hope this help.

Just to add : my P3D4 is upddated to 4.1 with client and content. May be it's important, I don't know...

Regards,

Thank you very much, that did it! Now all works fine, I get the GPS-flag, NAV-bar is working in GPS-mode and the NAV-1 needle on the RMI shows to the tuned VOR! The steps I've made:

1. Re-downloaded V2.04 of the GTN complete series from Fight1,
  2. Re-installed the freshly downloaded GTN (without uninstalling/deleting anything),
  3. Re-Named the file called F1GPSGeneral.dat, 
  4. Run the Flight1 configuration-tool with admin rights,
  5. Changed the settings of the GTN650 for the DC-6 (link-CRS & auto-CRS to OFF),
  6. Saved, exited and restartet the Flight1 configuration-tool,
  7. Changed the settings of the GTN650 for the DC-6 (link-CRS & auto-CRS back to ON),
  8. Saved, exited and started P3D,
  9. Loaded the default flight, then selected the DC-6,
  10. In the settings of the DC-6, changed to the deafult GPS (which results in a reload of the plane),
  11. After the reload, changed back to the GTN650.

After that, its working like a charme!

Regards,