Sign in to follow this  
Rocker

Best Aircraft for P3dV4

Wich aircraft can you guys recommend to me? Specially propeller aircraft.

Aerosoft Twin Otter, Milviz Beaver, Majestic Dash 8 is coming (no idea when though). Those are just some off of the top of my head.

• Upvote 2

Or any of A2A's aircraft or JustFlight's. Those are pretty safe bets as well.

• Upvote 2

If you like realism, for twin-engined prop aeroplanes I'd recommend the FlySimWare Cessna C441 Conquest II and their Cessna C402C Businessliner, both of which are extremely well done. Also worth a look is the Milviz Cessna 310, which is similarly very realistic. All of these are really great, but the one you will probably have the most fun with is the C441 Conquest II, since it is a fairly large pressurised turbo prop which can fly very high, is extremely fast with a very long range too, so there's a lot you can do with it. If you want something a bit different, Aerosoft make a very good North American Rockwell OV10 Bronco, which is an unusual twin engined close air support/observation/counter-insurgency aircraft used by the US Air Force, US Navy and US Marines. Being a turboprop, it has pretty good performance, and despite some people suggesting it was a bit underpowered for carrying munitions in a combat role in Vietnam where it sometimes struggled a bit in the high temperatures, it can take off from an aircraft carrier, can make it up to about 24,000 feet and do almost 300mph, so it is good fun in your flight sim and it looks very different from most twins. It could also drop a couple of parachutists too when used in the co-in role, as it has a little cabin in the rear.

For single-engined aircraft which are realistic, I'd normally recommend any of A2A's prop aeroplanes and particularly their Piper PA-24 Commanche, which is actually one of the best simulated aeroplanes you can get, however, you should be aware that following the patch issued for P3D V4 yesterday, which takes it up to V4.1, there appears to be an issue with the A2A Commanche which affects its nosewheel steering, I've no doubt it will be sorted out soon, but right now there is a problem with taxying, in that it doesn't want to turn very easily on the ground if you have it in the latest patched version of P3D. What is also worth a look as far as single-engined aeroplanes go, are a couple from Just Flight, notably their Aerospatiale/Socata TB10 & TB20 Trinidad and Tobago package, which give you both the fixed gear TB10 and the retractable gear TB20, and this is a very sleek touring aeroplane which makes a change from all the Cessnas and Pipers. Also worth a look from Just Flight are any of the many Piper PA-28 Cherokee variants they have made recently, such as the Warrior, Arrow and Turbo Arrow, with the Turbo Arrow perhaps being the most fun since it is a bit faster than the others. If you like graphically very impressive aeroplanes, Carenado and Alabeo are worth a look, however, some of their efforts are better than others in simulation terms, so read some reviews of these if you are interested, because whilst they are all graphically very nice, some of them are not quite so nice when it comes to the representation of their avionics and flight and engine modeling (especially the turboprop models), however, one I can certainly recommend if you want a very nice simple trainer, is Alabeo's Piper PA-38 Tomahawk, which is a very faithful representation of the real thing and it's very inexpensive too. Alabeo's little crop duster aeroplanes are great too, of which they make a couple.

If you want a very nice little private jet which is inexpensive, then a couple which are certainly worth looking at are FlySimWare's LearJet 35A, like their prop aeroplanes, it too is very realistic. Another one which is extremely good value for money and fun to fly, is NextGen Simulations Cessna Citation CJ4X, which actually gives you two variants of the aeroplane in one package, it is very nice to fly and it has a particularly good manual too, which is great if you are not used to flying jets and navigating with them, because the tutorial PDF which comes with it is really excellent, one of the best manuals for a flight sim aeroplane which I've ever seen in fact.

If you want a big old multi-engined prop plane which is kind of fun and doesn't cost a lot, a couple I can recommend are the Just Flight/Aeroplane Heaven Boeing B17F Flying Fortress, which is great. Also the Flight Replicas Canadair North Star/Argonaut, which is a variant of the Douglas DC-4/6, but with Merlin engines. If however, you want a really realistic old propliner and are prepared to pay a bit more, you'd be hard pressed to find something better than one of these three: the PMDG Douglas DC-6, the A2A Lockheed Constellation and the A2A Boeing 377 Stratocruiser.

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

A2A 172, 182, Cherokee, and Comanche.

Milviz Beaver & Cessna 310.

JustFlight Arrow III Turbo & TB 20.

Carenado c337 & PC 12.

There are two more airplanes that are no longer available, but if you have the FSX versions, they work in p3d v4. They are, the Realair Legacy & Dukes are amazing!

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Are you looking for a Turbo Prop Airliner?  Or something smaller?  It would help to define it just a little more.

Just to qualify my advice... I've flown the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 for the past 8 years or so (Beta of the Pilot, Professional and Training Editions) and I'm currently testing the Dash for P3DV4.1. In my opinion, the best Turbo Prop Airliner there is is the Dash 8 Q400 - in fact it's not even close.  The Dash is also Shared Cockpit capable, and comes with an external flight dynamics engine with helps it to fly like a real aircraft.

I have zero experience with payware general aviation aircraft, so I can't advise you there.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

So you saying you are beta testing the majestic  on P3dv4.1? So they are progressing. Don’t you have an NDA ;)

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

19 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

and I'm currently testing the Dash for P3DV4.1

Do tell us more! :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Do tell us more! :laugh:

Live Stream  https://go.twitch.tv/ovpa

I also stream the Maddog X Beta, CRJ Update Testing, and Aerosoft A318 and A330 Beta.  Of course I have permission from the developers to do so, I've been streaming my software testing for over 8 years.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.