Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

BREAKING NEWS!!! Q400 and Prepar3D v4 Update.

QW78 for FSX, this for P3Dv4.1...........are Xmas presents arriving early for us? All we need is that JS41, and the FSL A320, and our stockings will bursting at the seams.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

Don't mind him.  Nobody else does

+1. Yes, he should be doing something different that flightsimming

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

15 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Will it be v4.1 ready?

14 hours ago, YukonPete said:

No! What do you think?

14 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

What is your problem...ask a reasonable question and because you know everything, you think everyone does! There was no mention of it being v4.1 ready in the post so please, share with us how you knew it is.

12 hours ago, YukonPete said:

It was a stupid Q. Sorry!

Folks,

There is really no need for this aggressive tone amongst each other.  The question was not stupid in that 4.1 has just been released and while it was in use by some of the team, others were not using it....which really was not a big deal as it works on both 4.0 and 4.1, however, more than likely 4.1 and higher will be the supported version.

• Upvote 5

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Simeon, why were you guys not at Flightsim2017 at RAF Cosford? Was so much looking forward to meeting you guys, seeing your latest 'Update News', display, etc.

• Upvote 1

Rick,

I had initially planned on going, but work actually got in the way of that trip, and Oley was not able to attend mainly to being focused on getting the Q400 v4 ready.  Hopefully, 2018 may be a better year for attending events

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Thanks for that, Simeon. I have your PRO version for FSX, and flew it a lot in FSX, but I've passed up on FSX. Is the P3Dv4.1 version a steeper learning curve than the FSX?

57 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for that, Simeon. I have your PRO version for FSX, and flew it a lot in FSX, but I've passed up on FSX. Is the P3Dv4.1 version a steeper learning curve than the FSX?

I can't imagine it will be any different in terms of operation than the FSX / P3d V3 version?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

The learning curve of the Prepar3D v4 edition is no different to that of FSX.  The only thing we have really done is made the add-on compatible with the x64 bit platform. 

Banner_MJC8.png

A compliment addon to the Dash 8 is FS2Crew.  Any thing to report about that as I would feel Majestic and FS2C would have some what of a open communication.

Lets not forget FSFXPackages for the MJC Q400 also ... and maybe a "dash" (pun intended) of TFDi TrueGlass in the future?

I heard a rumor FPS performance under V4.1 is extremely good, crank up the visual candy and have your complexity cake too ... 

Cheers, Rob.

18 hours ago, crosswind said:

Yes it will be

This all is just wonderful news.  This is exciting news.

I have purchased the Q400 since it was a Q300 and absolutely love this aircraft in all versions.

I actually had the honor of having a real world retired Q300 pilot come to my home and show me how to fly the Majestic Q300 correctly.  He loved this addon also and it's something that I will never forget.

It's funny that it is version 4.1 ready, because it would be the only addon that I have that is certified for 4.1.

I'm not putting 4.1 on my computer until I see other developers saying that their software is ready for it, but I'm glad that the Majestic Q400 will be.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Lets not forget FSFXPackages for the MJC Q400 also ... and maybe a "dash" (pun intended) of TFDi TrueGlass in the future?

I heard a rumor FPS performance under V4.1 is extremely good, crank up the visual candy and have your complexity cake too ... 

Cheers, Rob.

Yes this was one of the few complex aircraft I could use in FSX due to the excellent fps.  

Matt Wilson

Looking forward to the release.  This is one of 2 aircraft that keeps FSX installed on my computer.

Stephen Forsgren

A question about the pricing

so if I have my old pilot edition and upgrade to the pilot 64bit edition that's 14.95 eur

but then what is the price to go from the pilot 64bit to the pro 64bit?

Ciao!