Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 coming October 23 for P3D v4

1 hour ago, mpw8679 said:

I feel sorry for anybody that was confused about an informative post about a P3D release in a dedicated P3D forum.  I think it is sad that the same people consistently feel the need to jump all over fellow members if they don't agree where a topic is posted or have a difference of opinion just in an effort to make them look stupid.  It has nothing to do with the nature of the topic.  It is just a pathetic attempt to feel superior.  It really is pathetic.  Maybe it is self esteem issues.

Are you kidding me?!

First of all, I was not jumping all over forum members! I was merely pointing out, that another member was confused as to why it was neccessary to create multiple threads regarding the same topic. 

Second, don't you dare accuse me (or anyone else, for that matter!), who's trying to point out a general tendency, of being mentally unstable, having self esteem issues or another variant, you're trying to pin on other members. 

Again, this post and my original post, has nothing to do with me trying to feel superior, jumping all over other members, or in other ways sneer, mock or ridicule them! It was simply an observation from another member, who put a general concern out, regarding multiple thread creations.

Don't kill the messenger - please!

I've said my piece... Come'on, let me have it! Apparently pointing out bad habbits in here, is frowned upon.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, mpw8679 said:

It is just a pathetic attempt to feel superior.  It really is pathetic.  Maybe it is self esteem issues.

I know the person by several years of reputation here and elsewhere, and I'm confident your assumptions wouldn't bare out.  Additionally, I think it's best to avoid making personal comments about one another because that's where things really spiral out of control.  And if someone feels we've offended them then making a sincere public or private apology can easily correct things.

It is a difficult thing, trying to keep forums organized with accurate information. Moderators (of which I am one here and elsewhere) can't do it all, it really takes everyone in the community to make an extra effort to help out.  For my part, I try to search the Internet for similar information before posting (Google indexes all flight sim forums) and if a thread already exists somewhere then I will simply link to it if I believe it would be beneficial to have it posted elsewhere.

I don't think it occurred in this particular thread, but all too often we see people become obsessed with learning some information and being the first to post it - more than a game, they are devoted to it and attach some level of importance if not self worth to it.  I watched something extremely similar happen in a seasoned group where the offenders where in there late 20's and 40's and it made me sick. Competing and attaching self worth over who knows what and who knows who? That's really speaks to the state of someone's mental health.

If release or any other information is already reported, and you think it's important to share that information elsewhere then just link to it without re-posting the information from the link. That helps to avoid many problems and inaccurate perceptions.

Best wishes to everyone.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

41 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Are you kidding me?!

First of all, I was not jumping all over forum members! I was merely pointing out, that another member was confused as to why it was neccessary to create multiple threads regarding the same topic. 

Second, don't you dare accuse me (or anyone else, for that matter!), who's trying to point out a general tendency, of being mentally unstable, having self esteem issues or another variant, you're trying to pin on other members. 

Again, this post and my original post, has nothing to do with me trying to feel superior, jumping all over other members, or in other ways sneer, mock or ridicule them! It was simply an observation from another member, who put a general concern out, regarding multiple thread creations.

Don't kill the messenger - please!

I've said my piece... Come'on, let me have it! Apparently pointing out bad habbits in here, is frowned upon.

Wow proves my point exactly.  Where did I ever accuse u of anything? 

• Upvote 4

Matt Wilson

6 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Wow proves my point exactly.  Where did I ever accuse u of anything? 

Look, I'm not going to debate this anymore. It's pointless and fruitless!
If you really don't know what I'm talking about - re-read your own post(s). 

@DaveCT2003 - Thanks! Wise words from a wise man!

Best wishes!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

50 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I know the person by several years of reputation here and elsewhere, and I'm confident your assumptions wouldn't bare out.  Additionally, I think it's best to avoid making personal comments about one another because that's where things really spiral out of control.  And if someone feels we've offended them then making a sincere public or private apology can easily correct things.

It is a difficult thing, trying to keep forums organized with accurate information. Moderators (of which I am one here and elsewhere) can't do it all, it really takes everyone in the community to make an extra effort to help out.  For my part, I try to search the Internet for similar information before posting (Google indexes all flight sim forums) and if a thread already exists somewhere then I will simply link to it if I believe it would be beneficial to have it posted elsewhere.

I don't think it occurred in this particular thread, but all too often we see people become obsessed with learning some information and being the first to post it - more than a game, they are devoted to it and attach some level of importance if not self worth to it.  I watched something extremely similar happen in a seasoned group where the offenders where in there late 20's and 40's and it made me sick. Competing and attaching self worth over who knows what and who knows who? That's really speaks to the state of someone's mental health.

If release or any other information is already reported, and you think it's important to share that information elsewhere then just link to it without re-posting the information from the link. That helps to avoid many problems and inaccurate perceptions.

Best wishes to everyone.

Check out the Majestic forum.  A member asks a simple valid question about the product being compatible with 4.1 and instantly gets jumped on.  Check it out for yourself.  I honestly can't believe this behavior is being defended.

Matt Wilson

2 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Look, I'm not going to debate this anymore. It's pointless and fruitless!
If you really don't know what I'm talking about - re-read your own post(s). 

@DaveCT2003 - Thanks! Wise words from a wise man!

Best wishes!

Please quote anything from my post that even remotely proves I accused u of anything. 

Matt Wilson

Let's put this to bed now before it goes South and a moderator jumps in and closes it.

It has run its course. Let's just look forward to a product we've all been waiting for, and enjoy.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

The forum police have arrived.  News about an updated aircraft release for P3D in the P3D forum.  The nerve of some people. 

yeah the nerve of people like you?

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Just now, vc10man said:

Let's put this to bed now before it goes South and a moderator jumps in and closes it.

It has run its course. Let's just look forward to a product we've all been waiting for, and enjoy.

Agreed!

1 minute ago, mpw8679 said:

Please quote anything from my post that even remotely proves I accused u of anything. 

If you're looking for a quote, take a look at the quote in the post from @DaveCT2003

Over and out!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Okay, vc10man had a great idea.  Let's all pass on this and get back to flight sim!

Best wishes guys.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Agreed!

If you're looking for a quote, take a look at the quote in the post from @DaveCT2003

Over and out!

Once again show me how this was directed at u.

Matt Wilson

18 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Okay, vc10man had a great idea.  Let's all pass on this and get back to flight sim!

Best wishes guys.

In agreement

Matt Wilson

I’ve been eagerly awaiting this aircraft, now I can complete my vWest Jet fleet in Air hauler 2 haha. I’m all for paying a little extra to support these guys for an outstanding product, no reason they don’t deserve, that also applies to many other devs as well. 

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

Just do what I do when these things happen - add a few drama queens to my "Ignore this user" pool. Makes for much easier reading.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models