Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 coming October 23 for P3D v4

24 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Once again show me how this was directed at u.

So I take it you guys aren't going to use the Shared Cockpit feature together?  :biggrin:

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

So I take it you guys aren't going to use the Shared Cockpit feature together?  :biggrin:

That depends on the purpose of the flight! :biggrin:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I have heard about this Shared Cockpit(was it Aerosoft who were implementing it in their Bus?),I'd like to learn or glean more about it. Pointers from anyone having done it appreciated.

10 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Now that's funny

Matt Wilson

18 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Just do what I do when these things happen - add a few drama queens to my "Ignore this user" pool. Makes for much easier reading.

Coming in after the fact and insulting people, why?  Great idea though, you made my list.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

5 minutes ago, vc10man said:

I have heard about this Shared Cockpit(was it Aerosoft who were implementing it in their Bus?),I'd like to learn or glean more about it. Pointers from anyone having done it appreciated.

We have a Shared Cockpit forum right here on AVSIM my friend!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks for that Dave.So, what special kit do I need? I do not have headsets, etc but planning to get one as Overclockers have a Corsair model on sale, and the TrackHat guys at FlightSim2017 at Cosford were using a Hyper headset and seeing I bought one of those TrackHat devices, was sitting on the fence on this.

Is there a gentle lead-in Tutorial to this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol! For safety reasons I pass commenting upon or quoting anything above this line!

Two of my local flight sim club members are virtual Majestic 400 captains.

They keep bringing it up, and showing me over and over again how wonderful it is,

and by implication how deprived and depraved I am without it.

Therefore, I intend to acquire and attain command when it is released for P3Dv4. 

Time to "join the club" so to speak! 

Now to the really important matters (NOT):

Should I repeat this in the appropriate Majestic forum?

or is this P3D forum the appropriate forum?

or is it appropriate for both the P3D and Majestic forums?

or if not, is it appropriate for either forum?

or if so, which one?

or if not, why not?

So now what?

:cool:

Back to flying...

Kind regards,

You lucky person,Stephen. You will get it straight from the horse's mouth so to parlance, and they can give you all the Tips and Hints. Hope you'll share them with us?:biggrin:

Is it worth it upgrading to the PRO version? I think I might do it just for the random failures.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Sigh. ..shared cockpit and Noone to share it with...

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

For the guys who are looking for detailed info into the shared flightdeck (shared cockpit) features, I highly recommend you look at any and all posts by Dave, I have worked alongside him for 10 years in this area and will tell you he has the top level of knowledge in the functional area as he has worked alongside and brought about every developer who has released this feature. You can find our forums on avsim at https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/195-shared-cockpits-multi-player-forum-for-fsx-fsx-se-p3d/

or or aerosoft at:http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/clubs/2-shared-cockpit-flying-sponsored-by-online-virtual-pilots-association/

• Upvote 1

I am disappointed at this high upgrade price, I do miss flying the Q400 since upgrading to P3D 4 yet if I really cared about flying it I could fly it no problem in P3D 3 or Fsx since it is so light on vas and performance.

The heavy on vas and performance aircraft from other developers made upgrading to P3D 4 almost a requirement. I do not think I am going to buy the upgrade but it is one of my favorites to fly in my old hanger of fsx planes. And I never tried shared cockpit that looks fun.

On 2017-10-12 at 2:01 PM, SpiritFlyer said:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol! For safety reasons I pass commenting upon or quoting anything above this line!

Two of my local flight sim club members are virtual Majestic 400 captains.

They keep bringing it up, and showing me over and over again how wonderful it is,

and by implication how deprived and depraved I am without it.

Therefore, I intend to acquire and attain command when it is released for P3Dv4. 

Time to "join the club" so to speak! 

Now to the really important matters (NOT):

Should I repeat this in the appropriate Majestic forum?

or is this P3D forum the appropriate forum?

or is it appropriate for both the P3D and Majestic forums?

or if not, is it appropriate for either forum?

or if so, which one?

or if not, why not?

So now what?

:cool:

Back to flying...

Kind regards,

IMHO......the Q400 is the single best addon aircraft ever made for the fsx/p3d platform.

You should definitely get it.  I had the pmdg ngx in fsx and to be honest it rarely got a look in after I was accustomed the Q400.

the pilot edition is great, the pro version is just phenomenal 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

I am disappointed at this high upgrade price, I do miss flying the Q400 since upgrading to P3D 4 yet if I really cared about flying it I could fly it no problem in P3D 3 or Fsx since it is so light on vas and performance.

The heavy on vas and performance aircraft from other developers made upgrading to P3D 4 almost a requirement. I do not think I am going to buy the upgrade but it is one of my favorites to fly in my old hanger of fsx planes. And I never tried shared cockpit that looks fun.

High upgrade price? I don't think they even charged a fee to upgrade from FSX to P3D did they?

Matt Wilson