Sign in to follow this  
Kawfee Bassie

Turn off *Just* ATC

How do you turn off just the ATC? I was trying to do a flight on PilotEdge tonight but I wanted to keep Pilot2ATC up for the flight planning and moving map. I went into config and cleared the Push-To-Talk button (it said disabled), but it still kept responding to my voice commands. I had to shut it down and continue my flight without it.

As you might imagine, that is not currently a feature of Pilot2ATC.

However, you might try setting the PTT button to a joystick button that you will not be using and also set the PTT HotKey to a key you will not be using. 

Also, don't file the flight plan.  That way ATC won't know who you are and try and give unsolicited directions.

Thanks Dave, I will give that a go :) I think maybe Pilot2ATC might need to be restarted after some configuration changes for them to stick (which I didn't do since I already had my whole flight plan setup). I will try a complete restart next time as well.

Just happened again tonight. Not filing the flight plan doesn't seem to help since it still matches ATC phrases and then tells you to contact X on frequency Y, etc. It's impossible to keep it running when it keeps talking over me everytime I contact ATC. I have the PTT button disabled on as well (all the buttons actually), and it is still responding? How can it even know I am transmitting if I have the PTT button disabled? Very frustrating. It would be nice if a future version had a simple way to disable the ATC. The application still has a lot of functionality in case you are flying on VatSim, or IVAO, etc.

You need to rethink this. You're asking the developer to add a method to disable the core function of his product so you can use it for FP and a moving map. That seems unreasonable, surely he has better things to do. Have you considered using LittleNavMap or SimLauncherX for this purpose?

Cheers,

howevr

I did find a bug where the PTT button is not disabled when set to be disabled.  I will fix that bug for the next update. 

Dave

@howevr I don't see that I need to rethink my request at all. As a professional software developer myself for 25 years, I welcome when a paying customer takes the time to provide feedback on how they can get more utility and benefit from the software I work so hard to create.

Like many flight simmers, I look for variety in my experiences to add to the fun and realism. PilotEdge, VatSim and IVAO are all great organizations, but they only provide live ATC coverage in specific geographies at specific times. For pilots that like to use live ATC systems, Pilot2ATC still provides tons of value by providing an ATC function when flying outside those times, or those geographies because it is available 24x7 and everywhere.

Allowing me to integrate the moving map and flight planning into my normal flight systems, but choosing to mix and match the ATC function with other Live ATC services when they are available, doesn't detract from the benefit provided by Pilot2ATC, it actually increases it, and helps ensure that I remain a paying customer as future upgrades of Pilot2ATC become available.

@Dave-Pilot2ATCThanks for the update Dave. I know I have been reporting a lot of issues since I started using Pilot2ATC, but on the flipside of that, I am also using it everyday, and really enjoying so much of the functionality.

I use PlanGv3 (it is free) for low level planing with small planes and PFPX for high level jets.

Per W Sweden

I fly on PilotEdge but dont have Pilot2ATC. While it seems the developer has figured out the issue and able to improve the product, I wanted to add that I do still fly on PE with Ultimate Traffic Live and use the default ATC at fields that are not controlled by PE. One work around and the reason for this post without knowing exactly what the OP is trying to "turn off" in the ATC aspect, is volume. 

I have the ATC volume in P3D set very low so when PE talks I hear them clear as day and default ATC is second fiddle. I would think Pilot2ATC would have its own volume control and possibly its own slider volume control in the sound mixer that controls most various apps that are running with sound.

Just something to think about if you wanted to use both but "soften" or "mute" P2ATC at times.

The problem was that communications to Pilot Edge were being heard and interpreted by Pilot2ATC, which then caused Pilot2ATC to behave unexpectedly.

The problem with the PTT button is fixed in the latest version 2.3.1.0.  If you uncheck the Enable option on the PTT button, then pressing the PTT button will not open the mic for communication to P2A, so P2A will not hear any of the conversation with Pilot Edge.

Dave