Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

GTX 1080 Ti 11264Mb price difference?

Why is there so big price difference between gtx 1080 Ti 11264Mb video cards, the spread is just violent. I'm trying to figure out which is best card I should get with the above specs, and which is the most overpriced one? These are the extremes:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 1556Mhz PCI-E 3.0 11264Mb 11000Mhz 352 bit DVI HDMI HDCP SC2 GAMING

is 28% more expensive than:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 1569Mhz PCI-E 3.0 11264Mb 11000Mhz 352 bit DVI HDMI HDCP FTW3 GAMING

In the middle we have:

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 1607Mhz PCI-E 3.0 11264Mb 11200Mhz 352 bit DVI HDMI HDCP AMP Extreme Core Edition 

it is 19% more expensive  than the same base:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 1569Mhz PCI-E 3.0 11264Mb 11000Mhz 352 bit DVI HDMI HDCP FTW3 GAMING

Is there any technical/performance advantage in the higher price?

Thanks,

only higher binned gpu , more oc potential if you go for more advanced cooling

save some money not worth the extra costs, my personally thoughts. 

• Upvote 1

I have the EVGA FTW3 (6696 part I think), if you watch some reviews, people says that it is over engineered (in terms of cooling), which I do not mind :D It really helps. Also the EVGA overclocking is quite good. About SC2, no idea.

I think the ASUS 1080 TI Strix is also commonly used by many.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

At the bottom of this page is a chart showing the various EVGA 1080Ti cards: https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6696-KR

You'll notice the FTW3 and ICX cards have 10+2 Phase Power, whereas the SC series has 7+2.  Also, the overclocks of the FTW3 and ICX cards are higher.  The SC cards draw less power.  The FTW3 and ICX cards have RGB lighting (wheeeeee!) while the SC cards have white lighting.

Whether or not the extra "stuff" of the FTW3 and ICX cards is worthwhile is a matter of personal choice.

Greg

I had a Gigaybyte Aorus 1080ti (which failed after 3 months) and have now the Asus Strix 1080ti.

The clocks are almost identical, almost all 1080ti go close to 2 GHz (mine were both fine running at 1950 MHz). The only difference between my 2 cards: the Asus is significantly more silent!

Long story short: The "gaming" 1080ti's most of the time only go a little higher which you won't notice in performance. So....

It's called Greed. These cards are really probably worth no more than $200.00 to manufacture. Yes, you can add a few more costs, but they are not even close to half of what they sell it for. (But that's life..as long as there are people willing to pay for it, they will keep raising the price, and call it the "latest and greatest just to raise the speed a little bit). 

• Upvote 2