Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

VoxATC 7.41 and P3D4.1 - Indexer hanging at weather themes

2 hours ago, supersym said:

I remember that I just change the structure : I added NY X in addon floder  instead off in the usual addon scenry folder ...

I will try with the installation before...

I doubt that the NYC X scenery is the cause. But by installing it, you may have exposed the problem in the Indexer. I have both NYC Airports X V2 and the NYC X installed.

it was already installed. I just changed the place

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

whatever Ive done P3D isn't happy, it CTD now before running any scenario, even aftter Prepar3d.cfg is regenerated...

this kind of C.R.A.P. makes me want to just give up simming... :(

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Yikes! Kevin would you be able to list out any non-aircraft addons that you are using (weather, environment, graphics, etc.) Also did you use the migration tool at any point?

no I give up, I'm uninstalling everything now

more trouble than its worth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

That's a bummer, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I'm hoping I don't have to resort to that lol. I might just try updating the p3d client to 4.1 and seeing if that fixes anything. 

Did you ever hear back from Tegwyn?

4 minutes ago, Bt103504 said:

That's a bummer, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I'm hoping I don't have to resort to that lol. I might just try updating the p3d client to 4.1 and seeing if that fixes anything. 

Did you ever hear back from Tegwyn?

no not yet, but I'm not worried about that, sometimes it takes a day or so

Have completely deleted P3D and ALL its legacy files left over afterwards

A reinstall of 4.1 is done and is completely clean - now it starts up just fine

xaP1VAU.png

Interesting, on a virgin install of P3D4.1 the indexer works fine. :)

xaP1VAU.png

Hi guys !

I moved again NY X from addon to the usual scenery structure, and indexer works fine again :smile:

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

16 minutes ago, supersym said:

Hi guys !

I moved again NY X from addon to the usual scenery structure, and indexer works fine again :smile:

nice find, we're getting somewhere :)

can you remember, how did you layer the scenery in each case?

I had a uk2000 scenery added through xml...

I had specified a particular layer number so my scenery layer numbers were not contiguous - I wonder if thay may have contributed?

The indexer appears now to work fine for detecting xml addon a/c, but problematic with sceneries.

Jay, yours works, do you have any scenery added through xml, and if so, how is it layered please?

xaP1VAU.png

NY X is on the top of the scenery may be second or third...

It was the only scene that I could install in the addon scnerey (Documents\prepar3d V4 Addons)

I've unchecked in the addon menu and added in the library.

May be the indexer don't work with the "Documents\prepar3d V4 Addons's scenes" or xml...

1 hour ago, supersym said:

May be the indexer don't work with the "Documents\prepar3d V4 Addons's scenes" or xml...

Only under particular circumstances I think

I had my xml and scenery.cfg layer no's set manually and non-contiguously.  I need to test out some variations of scenery layers to pin down what specifically makes the indexer hang.

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Jay, yours works, do you have any scenery added through xml, and if so, how is it layered please?

I do have 12 components installed  by the add-on.xml method. Everything is layered contiguously and installed by official setup programs.  Duplicate numbering and missing numbers in scenery.cfg both may have unintended consequences, as you know. The sim may be smart enough to work around those hurdles but maybe the Indexer can't.

I do want to add that relative versus absolute paths in scenery.cfg sometimes cause problems for apps that read the file.

27 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I do have 12 components installed  by the add-on.xml method. Everything is layered contiguously and installed by official setup programs.  Duplicate numbering and missing numbers in scenery.cfg both may have unintended consequences, as you know. The sim may be smart enough to work around those hurdles but maybe the Indexer can't.

I do want to add that relative versus absolute paths in scenery.cfg sometimes cause problems for apps that read the file.

My paths are always absolute.

I think it may have been down to non-contiguous scenery layer numbering.

xaP1VAU.png