Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

VoxATC 7.41 and P3D4.1 - Indexer hanging at weather themes

Figured out what my issue was as well. I reviewed all my scenery entries with Lorby's tool and was able to find that I had two entries of the same scenery located in 2 different locations. When I deleted one of the repeating entries it ran normally and was able to finish installing!

20 minutes ago, Bt103504 said:

Figured out what my issue was as well. I reviewed all my scenery entries with Lorby's tool and was able to find that I had two entries of the same scenery located in 2 different locations. When I deleted one of the repeating entries it ran normally and was able to finish installing!

was one entry in scenery.cfg and one through addon xml?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, Bt103504 said:

As I said before, the sim adjusts to many user (and 3rd party installer) created inconsistencies in scenery.cfg/add-ons.cfg, but the VOXATC Indexer may not. Your post just emphasizes this. 

I can confirm, that having dual scenery entries, one by addon xml and one on the scenery.cfg, stalls the indexer :)

Will email Tegwyn with the specific circumstances of this issue.  Meanwhile, anyone suffering a similar problem can fairly easily rectify it themselves...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I decided to take the plunge (at least put my toe in) after reading all of your excellent posts on this topic. I installed P3d 4.1 using the client method, and so far working fine with no problems. (other than the usual ones already discussed in this forum).

Hello !

I forgot to delete the entry in the scenery library. But the entry deleted, and NY X installed with addon menu, no more issue with the indexer.

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

On 10/14/2017 at 10:52 AM, kevinfirth said:

My paths are always absolute.

I think it may have been down to non-contiguous scenery layer numbering.

All's well that ends well as they say. It seems everyone in this thread resolved their Indexer issue.

I did want to add something about paths.

ORBX sceneries tend to have relative paths. Admittedly, except for apps from Simple Simon Software*, any app that parses scenery.cfg should be capable of reading both absolute and relative paths. But the problem with relative paths arises if either the registry entry for the sim is missing or the sim is not installed in the default location. Not the problem here with Indexer, but it does happen.

* Note to mods... Not a real company (I hope)

On 10/14/2017 at 7:20 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

As I said before, the sim adjusts to many user (and 3rd party installer) created inconsistencies in scenery.cfg/add-ons.cfg, but the VOXATC Indexer may not. Your post just emphasizes this. 

I had this issue and it was due to scenery cfg file which at the end had inconsistencies in the [Area.xxx] and the Layer=xxx. I noticed the numbers didn't match. So however I didn't have permissions to edit the scenery config so had to add permissions as admin and then re-edit the config via Lorby-SI and then ran VOXATC indexer again and it worked (also run makerunways tool in P3D, this helps also). 

In my experience as a VOXATC user, probably 90% of VOXATC errors (and maybe more) are related to malformed airports and other scenery conflicts. Unfortunately, often the common solution to this problem is to edit the airport with ADE.

I too am having problems with VoxATC hanging at weather/themes.  My problem might be with DD NY Airports version 2.  It is installed automatically in the add-on folder. However, the add-on.xml file in the airports directory is completely blank. 

Would someone tell me what should be in this file?

Tom

OK Problem solved.  The installer for NY airports puts an entry in the documents\add-on folder but doesn't actually install the scenery there.  It is installed in the Lockheed Martin/add on scenery folder.  I simply deleted the bogus entry in the documents\add-on folder and all is well.

Tom

Tom

Good detective work. When the Indexer fails like this it's almost always due to inconsistencies in scenery.cfg and or add-on.cfg.

I had the same problem hang! Using Lorby's tool I foud several duplicate entries. Once deleted the indexer ran fine.

Thanks for your tips - they worked.