Sign in to follow this  
Jamrom23T

How do I add season tiles to an airport?

I'm working on an all grass airport in Long Island called Bayport (23N) using photo real scenery.

How do I add the season changes to the airport?  Id like to make winter, early spring...etc.  I can make the BMPs, but have no idea where they are assigned to activate. 

Thanks 

JR

Hi JR,

FSX - P3D ?

Are you using SBuilder ?

SBuilder would allow you to specify which image to display for the season - then chop them up accordingly for each tile - including night textures... It would place them where they needed to be in your texture folder automatically... The seasons as I recall were Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Hard Winter (depending on geographic location)...

This might come in handy as I used it a bunch - it color matches a source image to a destination - so I color matched my satellite images with the surrounding tiles for a very seamless blend... It's a superb plugin...

Metrix Plugin

http://www.jnrubin.net/psi/

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks!

I'm using P3Dv4.... and a combo of A DR for the taxi ways and runways...Sim Director to place all the buildings and extras... and I used SBuilderX 314 to grab the initial scenery time for the background.

High learning curve.. 

Best, 

JR

Hi JR,

Yeah - been there - I haven't really got into SBuilder since FS9 - but yeah - there was a screen where you specified the image to use and it had separate fields for each season and night textures... Once defined - nothing more than hitting the button to make the scenery...

I've dabbled with SBuilderX - but - nothing too deep - I would assume similar exists...

Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

Other than it not having a winter I'm happy with the results... nice to have a high res grass runway to operate my L-19 out of.  Lol.

Do want to see what it looks like?

If you have Orbix Global and Libraries it should work.  Even better would be NA... but you're in the UK, no?

No success. 

I made all the season tiles from the main satellite pic I used... Winter, SPSU, Fall and hard Spring.

I added the info to the INF file as more source sections and compiled the BGL.

I see the new tiles in the sim, but now they are transparent and show what I have underneNFL.  Very odd.

Then I tried making BGL files for each season...that didn't work either.

JR

Hi JR,

I'd post your issue on FSDeveloper - it's where the guys who do this all the time hang out... I get most of my technical questions answered there... It's been too long for me to recall all the details...

I guess you're aware of Alpha Channels/Masking and how they work  ? 

Regards,

Scott

Yes and no... not for how scenery works... I've done a few projects that used that effect in the past.. but nothing for Flight Simming.

Thanks for the advice!  I'll head over there now and hopefully get things sorted.  I sure would like to have my scenery work as it should.. then give it back to the community.

There just isn't much out there for Long Island, NY

Best, 

JR

1 hour ago, Jamrom23T said:

There just isn't much out there for Long Island, NY

Hi JR,

Yeah - concur - NY is still pretty neglected by the ORBX crowd - they recently added KPOU to their freeware pack - earned my ticket there so it was most welcome... My project in FS9 was KMGJ my local home drome...

They did Montauk as well but no mesh so you are missing the high ground surrounding the eastern side of the airport separating it from the beach...

Regards,

Scott

I've got a buddy that operates an FBO at KHVN, and I usually hang around KFRG to see the Air Power Museum.  My cousin worked at Fairchild back in the 70's building the A-10 as well... along with my Uncle that help design all sorts of components for everything from planes to the LM at Grumman.

Plus I work at JFK... I've got a thing for airplanes like you ... LOL!

I'd really love to see someone make the RMC Bridges to the RMbeach,  Not sure why those have NEVER appeared in any version of any flight sim in the past.

JR

• Upvote 1