Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Unfortunate plane registration..

Had a mailshot from Just Flight promoting the DHC-3 Otter addon. Northway Aviations plane has the reg. C_FUKN.  :dry: :tongue:

• Upvote 4

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I'm splittin' my sides reading :biggrin: this as I too received that mailshot but as I already have the MilViz version, passed. If that Regn alone doesn't boost sales, I don't know what will !!

• Upvote 1

Hey Ricvk - don't go FUKN about with that plane - that's how accidents happen!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

There's a Piper PA-28R-201T Turbo Arrow III in Germany which has D-EATH as its reg. Surprised JF didn't put that one on theirs for a laugh. :cool:

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Hey Ricvk - don't go FUKN about with that plane - that's how accidents happen!

Stop it! There's only so much mirth I can take. I need to turn my attention to getting my 737-600 night flight into LOWI. Talking of LOWI, has anybody who bought it from Orbx managed to get it up and running in P3Dv4 without that Beta thing?

• Upvote 1

These are all real too: I-SMEL, G-REAT, D-IRTY, G-BTCH, D-ANKE, I-KISS, VH-TIT, I-RONY, G-SEXI

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Alan, you obviously have (a)either sampled a wee bit too much of the vermilion or château blanc during your recent escapade under the Eiffel with your good lady, or (b) you have too far much spare time in between your flights. But then, Hunter pilots only did short sorties.

Took your recommendation and bought the BAC 1-111. What a pile of xxxx the -500 proved to be. Trim hassles climbing, then spinning out of control. The 300/400 were fun to fly. Ditched it to the hangar!

About a decade ago a pilot landed from the wrong direction and wound up putting his Cessna CJ2 (IIRC) into the water.

His company replaced the totaled jet with a shiny new Cessna 680 Citation Sovereign, with the registration of "OY-WET". Evidently the Danish have a sense of humor after all! :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yup, it took a while for the control problem to manifest itself on the 1-11 for me, otherwise I'd have been less inclined to recommend it. So mine is parked up too, but apparently a fix is coming, so it isn't a dead loss, just something to wait on.

Alan Bradbury

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup, it took a while for the control problem to manifest itself on the 1-11 for me, otherwise I'd have been less inclined to recommend it. So mine is parked up too, but apparently a fix is coming, so it isn't a dead loss, just something to wait on.

Thanks for sharing that, Alan. I feel better now.Thought it was just numpty me !

15 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for sharing that, Alan. I feel better now.Thought it was just numpty me !

Nah, lots of people. Mine went into an uncontrolled roll on finals and ended up crashing inverted, but that was after a few flights with no problems, so it fooled me into thinking it was OK initially and as a result I bought one for my Air Hauler 2 cargo airline, which of course subsequently crashed, destroying the aircraft, its cargo and my airline's reputation too lol. They'll fix it eventually though I am sure.

Alan Bradbury

D-CONA

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I regularly see a C-FUKM and C-FUKR in the skies around Vancouver. Surprised that C-FUKN isn't an active reg.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

A friend of mine registered his Light Sport aircraft with my birthday on it, we flew together in it (or I flew it, he was too sick to fly, he just stood by as my instructor).  He was a master on the rudder pedals and taught me how to draw a box in the sky with them.  He owns the Leroy airport near Wilcox in southeastern Arizona.

John

• Upvote 1