Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Unfortunate plane registration..

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Nah, lots of people. Mine went into an uncontrolled roll on finals and ended up crashing inverted, but that was after a few flights with no problems, so it fooled me into thinking it was OK initially and as a result I bought one for my Air Hauler 2 cargo airline, which of course subsequently crashed, destroying the aircraft, its cargo and my airline's reputation too lol. They'll fix it eventually though I am sure.

Guess, now with the FSLA320 and the Majestic Q400-8 due out shortly, this 1-11 and the HS748 will remain in the hangar till C4 make a docu on it !!!

3 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, it took a while for the control problem to manifest itself on the 1-11 for me, otherwise I'd have been less inclined to recommend it. So mine is parked up too, but apparently a fix is coming, so it isn't a dead loss, just something to wait on.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I have only done 5 flights in it since its very prolonged spell in my hanger waiting for the autopilot fix. Oh dear, looks like it might be headed back there again soon then! 

Returning to the topic, how about EI-EIO? It was a privately owned PA-34 Seneca - not really an unfortunate registration but sounds like a good one for a certain fast food company to have got its hands on for a business jet!

Bill

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, it took a while for the control problem to manifest itself on the 1-11 for me, otherwise I'd have been less inclined to recommend it. So mine is parked up too, but apparently a fix is coming, so it isn't a dead loss, just something to wait on.

Can you PM me with the details of this issue? 

Thanks

Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

1 hour ago, Martyn JF said:

Can you PM me with the details of this issue? 

Thanks

Martyn

Nothing much more to tell really, I already posted it on the Just Flight 1-11 forum thread about strange handling back in July. I wouldn't mind betting some people are getting strange handling because they haven't disengaged the stick pusher dump valve, which would make the controls act oddly, but that's not my issue, I've definitely got that thing switched correctly and got both yokes engaged too. Anyway, I was landing the 1-11-518-HK - the Rombak variant painted in Ryanair livery - I was coming in on finals at about 450 feet AGL, so almost down okay, when it suddenly went into an uncommanded roll to the left, going completely inverted which I could not counter with the ailerons; being at approach speed caused a stall too whilst inverted, so it ploughed into the ground, and since it was an Air Hauler 2 flight, it was classed as a complete write off crash in which the cargo and aeroplane was destroyed, thus I parked the thing up in the virtual hangar to await a possible fix if the developer could determine what was going on.

I thought it might have been Active Sky's wake turbulence, but I didn't see anything come off the runway prior to me landing or hear anything on ATC (this was at UK2000's EGGP coming into runway 27, so there's never too much activity there anyway). I've not got wake turbulence on very high settings anyway and it's never affected anything else that badly, so I'm assuming something is amiss with the aeroplane itself since I note that a few other people on that same Just Flight forum thread have also reported similar unusual roll behaviour and apparently it is the 500 variant which is exhibiting it. But, having said that, it is I suppose worth noting that Active Sky is in use, so may be at odds with something. I do know that turbulence has to be backed off a lot with the JF Hunter, because I'm still flying my butt off in that thing as part of the Avsim review of it, which is now covering it for P3D V4.1 too of course.

I just tried a circuit in that 1-11 variant in P3D now and it was flying okay, so I don't know if maybe the 4.1 update has sorted things out or maybe even the AS patch, but then again it might just be something which can't always be replicated.

I'll give it a few flights at some point and see if it happens again.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Maybe back to topic?????

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I'll follow this with interest, Alan, for the future. Not that with the QW787, the FSLA320,the MJ Q400-8, I'll have much spare  time to get to this old bird.

18 hours ago, vc10man said:

I'm splittin' my sides reading :biggrin: this as I too received that mailshot but as I already have the MilViz version, passed. If that Regn alone doesn't boost sales, I don't know what will !!

Rick,

MILVIZ has the DHC-2 Beaver, this is the DHC -3 single radial engine Otter. Two different planes with the Otter being larger but essentially based on the Beaver design. If you like the old bush planes it may be worth having the two.

Can you imagine the ATC calls "Vancouver Approach C-FUKN Otter  request Flight Following".

Rick

Well Done the man for correcting me. Thanks.

Of course, silly me...................all this plethora or variants numbers does fog the brain after a while.

Although, to be fair i did wonder why would two devs bring out the same aircraft but then history has proved me wrong on that score too!

I'll wait to see the Reviews and feedback on this JF offer as I've quite a large collection of their output and they are all gathering dust under the tarps in my burgeoning hangar!:biggrin:

6 hours ago, paddler said:

Rick,

MILVIZ has the DHC-2 Beaver, this is the DHC -3 single radial engine Otter.

We are also producing a DHC-3 at Milviz. Currently under advanced development.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 hours ago, paddler said:

MILVIZ has the DHC-2 Beaver,

Nice Beaver - don't go FUKN around with it though.... :tongue: :blush::biggrin::biggrin:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 10/13/2017 at 3:24 PM, n4gix said:

We are also producing a DHC-3 at Milviz. Currently under advanced development.

Good news,

Just Flight have also just released a DHC-3 Otter. Screenshots look very good and I would have bought it by now if it had been developed by their in-house team but it's an Aeroplane Heaven product ..... so I'll wait!

Bill

Hi Martyn and thank you - I will give it a try!

Bill