Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

CTD for no reason

Twice I now have had a CTD that EventVwr cannot point what is causing a CTD.

Windows 10 Pro/ 4.2Ghz/GTX970/16Gb RAM

P3Dv4.1/PMDG 737-600/ASN/Little NavMap Night flying, then all of a sudden. Zap, CTD. Luckily I have FSUIPC which I have not updated to 4.1.Could that be a cause?

6 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Twice I now have had a CTD that EventVwr cannot point what is causing a CTD.

Windows 10 Pro/ 4.2Ghz/GTX970/16Gb RAM

P3Dv4.1/PMDG 737-600/ASN/Little NavMap Night flying, then all of a sudden. Zap, CTD. Luckily I have FSUIPC which I have not updated to 4.1.Could that be a cause?

I have experienced yesterday a couple of CTD like this after opening and closing Prepar3D v4.1 multiple times, I suspect due to the fact that not all my add-on's were upgraded, the only fix to continue using PD3V4 was rebooting the PC.

If you check your task manager you will notice Prepard3D.exe is running in the background.

You should update all add-on's to guarantee stability of the simulator.

Simbol 

Thanks, Simbol. I have the latest PMDG 737NGX, latest P3Dv4.1, latest stable Nvidia drivers, latest Orbx Europe, and Global. Flying night time to LOWI, default.

Did it just dissappear from your screen?? Ie...

No spinning cursor and no box advising the crash??  

14ppkc-6.png

16 minutes ago, tooting said:

Did it just dissappear from your screen?? Ie...

No spinning cursor and no box advising the crash??  

Yep. Just like that. One minute I am at CL35k, just surfing here meanwhile as there is nothing to look at in the night, monitoring my progress in Little NavMap,........all of a sudden. the sim shuts down. Immediately looked at Event Vwr---zilch there. Head scratch.

So here we go... My personal theory on these disappearing sim sessions,  it's a simconnect issue... Either too much going down the pipe or a conflict of things going down the pipe. Now because you havnt got an dll causing it all the developers will claim it's not their product.  So your in no man's land with it. But one of your addons is causing it you've not the painful case of elimination.  What addons are you using exactly that use simconnect.  Are you using ultimate traffic?? 

Are you using fsrealtime? 

14ppkc-6.png

5 hours ago, vc10man said:

all of a sudden. the sim shuts down. Immediately looked at Event Vwr---zilch there. Head scratch

Hi Rick,

In the Event Viewer, are you looking at Custom Views, Administrative Events?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Hi Rick,

In the Event Viewer, are you looking at Custom Views, Administrative Events?

Hi Jim

Yes, I am familiar with EventVwr, so that is precisely where I look in and the time the CTD happens. I've been trying to find a Windows 10 version of AppCrash View but can only find a Windows 7 version. I'd like to try your Process Monitor but am not sure how to use it.

The intriguing part was after the FSUIPC-created auto-save, I was able to pick up the flight at the point it CTD'd and carry on the flight to LOWI. I do not have anything fully right, as I realise mine is not as powerful a system as others.

8 hours ago, tooting said:

So here we go... My personal theory on these disappearing sim sessions,  it's a simconnect issue... Either too much going down the pipe or a conflict of things going down the pipe. Now because you havnt got an dll causing it all the developers will claim it's not their product.  So your in no man's land with it. But one of your addons is causing it you've not the painful case of elimination.  What addons are you using exactly that use simconnect.  Are you using ultimate traffic?? 

Are you using fsrealtime? 

No Ultimate Traffic but MT6, at less than 19%. And no FSRealtime. Just Orbx EU:England, then default right up to LOWI. CTD occurred 133nm from TOD over Europe.

11 hours ago, vc10man said:

ASN and AS2016 are not P3Dv4 compatible--you need ASP4.  And yes, FSUIPC needs to be compatible with the P3D version you're flying, as it hooks into the program's internals, which change with each new version.  V5.121b is the first P3D V4.1 compatible version.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Had one today just as described... flying, then P3DV4.1 closed in a second with no error called out.  Everything updated.  Also, I updated Content, Scenery and Client files for P3DV4.1.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

53 minutes ago, w6kd said:

ASN and AS2016 are not P3Dv4 compatible--you need ASP4.  And yes, FSUIPC needs to be compatible with the P3D version you're flying, as it hooks into the program's internals, which change with each new version.  V5.121b is the first P3D V4.1 compatible version.

Regards

I use the latest P3Dv4-compatibe AS,maybe not the ASN, which I did use in FSX, but then upgraded to the P3Dv4 version, so well may be ASP4. IT works flawlessly in P3Dv4 as has been the case until the latest P3Dv4 update. Likewise with FSUIPC, it is the latest version from Pete's site.

53 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Had one today just as described... flying, then P3DV4.1 closed in a second with no error called out.  Everything updated.  Also, I updated Content, Scenery and Client files for P3DV4.1.

Thank heavens you too had that,Dave, as I was beginning to think it was me only,doing something drastically erroneous. And I have followed the same update path as you have.

I could understand if I had all sliders to max, was running autogen to max, was running high-demand sceneries. But none of that. I realise the limitations of my current system(waiting for Kaby Lake CPU prices to tumble & a Black Friday sale on a 1080Ti),so accordingly play safe. As long as I can get one of my add-on planes up in the air and down, I'm satisfied. No eye-candy for me.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Dave do you use mytraffic? 

Dave where you flying the 737??

Also are you both running P3Dv4 as admin?

Where do you get the ctd Dave..

Ive had these before alot and its a simconnect issue,  I'm convinced of it. 

14ppkc-6.png