Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Xplane Cirrus in the flight levels

Nice!  Does the cockpit have the new G1000 yet?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

No, just the 530.  It's a nice little aircraft, can be trimmed to fly without the autopilot, seems to fly right on the numbers at FL240.  It's a good inclusion in the sim for those who want an aircraft that can get in and out of small airstrips. 

John

14 minutes ago, Airfighter said:

In 11.10b1...yes!

I haven't tried 11.10 yet since the current version is working fine for me, I generally don't beta test anymore since my work with Microsoft on MSFS, not enough bandwidth and conflict of interest since I worked with other software companies, although they were non-gaming they had a large market presence.  Now that I am semi-retired and on a pension I may take up testing again if asked.

John

Edit: I am also uploading a high def video of this flight, about 90 seconds per the limits of Xplane.  It should be online in about a half hour with the hd portion available in a day or so, depending on youtube's bandwidth.  The smoothness of the video is remarkable given my mid-range specs.

Hehe 

you don't have to beta test in XP11 - that's optional - 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Great looking scenery and wonderful aircraft!

HLJAMES

5 hours ago, HLJames said:

Great looking scenery and wonderful aircraft!

HLJAMES

Glad you like my scenery!  Couldn't get the city buildings and autogen to appear however, even though I chose overlays.  Worked for me just once using the same method I always use.  Stumped on that one, but since the photoscenery is for the flight levels, I don't mind.  My Arizona scenery extends to Vegas in the North, and the Salton Sea in the West, and Mexico to the South, New Mexico to the east.  Ortho4xp is very easy to use.  You select the tiles you want from a map, then run a batch build and it will build each tile for you.  I used USA_2 as my Arizona source and Bing as my Northern California, Western Nevada source.  Altogether the scenery takes about 100 GB.  Watch the video I made in the videos forum if you haven't already seen it.

John