Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

REX TD and SC updated for P3Dv4.1?

Did not find any mention in the forums about the compatibility of REX TD + SC (Texture Direct + Soft Clouds) with P3Dv4.1?. An update is needed, or current versions are Ok with it?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

24 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Did not find any mention in the forums about the compatibility of REX TD + SC (Texture Direct + Soft Clouds) with P3Dv4.1?. An update is needed, or current versions are Ok with it?.

Cheers, Ed

My email notification stated this: "The Enhanced Editions are fully compatible with FSX, FSX Steam, and Prepar3D versions 1, 2, 3, and 4, including the latest release of Prepar3D v4.1. "

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Thanks!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I don't know why they sent out that email to current users. As far as I can see I already have the latest version installed which if I remember correctly was released in august. I clicked on the in program update and it says the latest version is already installed. Very misleading email and a time waster!

I think it was sent for this reason:FREE UPDATE!

The Enhanced Editions of REX
Texture Direct and REX Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds are FREE to current customers.

- 2GB OF NEW CONTENT - 

So I bought mine from SimMarket and checked my account there was no indication of updates. Then I updated through the program but it stated it was up to date. So yeah. Unless it is an update of content which has not been sent to some of the stores yet.?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Yes that free update was I believe released in August and all of us who had already bought Textures direct got the email back then. The new email gave the impression that there was yet another update that was 4.1 compatible when in fact as far as I can tell there is not! In fact it worries me. What I would really like to see is REX AirportsHD for V4.1

I was shocked to learn that the update provides "3D clouds".:biggrin:

The purpose of the email was two-fold. 

1.) To alert our customers of the Enhanced Edition updates were free and available.  We have a large customer base and we had not done any official announcements.

2.) To let our customers know that the Enhanced Editions support P3Dv4 and P3Dv4.1.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

17 hours ago, Avidean said:

Yes that free update was I believe released in August and all of us who had already bought Textures direct got the email back then. The new email gave the impression that there was yet another update that was 4.1 compatible when in fact as far as I can tell there is not! In fact it worries me. What I would really like to see is REX AirportsHD for V4.1

The email states it the Enhanced Edition supports P3Dv 4.1.

Here is the latest information REX Worldwide Airports HD:

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45991-rex-worldwide-airports-status-update/

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

19 hours ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

Thanks for your question.  You should have the latest build if the application is not alerting you to an update.  ALL Enhanced Editions are compatible with P3Dv4.1.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

9 minutes ago, rstough said:

Thanks for your question.  You should have the latest build if the application is not alerting you to an update.  ALL Enhanced Editions are compatible with P3Dv4.1.

Thanks Reed, no notifications yet 'cause I've been away from my P3D sim computer for a week or so.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

20 hours ago, edpatino said:

Thanks Reed, no notifications yet 'cause I've been away from my P3D sim computer for a week or so.

Cheers, Ed

Which build do you have currently installed?  (Build # is located on the ABOUT window, accessed by clicking the "i" icon on the top right of the screen.)

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

2 hours ago, rstough said:

Which build do you have currently installed?  (Build # is located on the ABOUT window, accessed by clicking the "i" icon on the top right of the screen.)

Ok, I'll check. I'm still away.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed