Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Uninstall or install on top of P3d?

I am getting ready to install the latest release, but I want my add-ons and scenery.cfg left alone.  Can I run the full executable on top of the earlier version?  I worry that an uninstall will lose all my settings and add-on scenery and aircraft.

John

Hi John,

Uninstall 4.0 client, then install 4.1 client and put in code and password as asked, Do not use the master installer, just the client installer. Same goes for content. If you uninstall 4.0 and then install 4.1, you lose everything. I do nor advise updating your scenery. If you PM me, I will call you with my phone and walk you through it. Better that than step on the wrong spot and kabluewie!

Kinds regards,

Go to this PDF:

https://www.prepar3d.com/Prepar3D_Download_and_Install_Instructions_v4.pdf

Scroll down to the contents on page 1

Click on Updating Prepar3D v4

And follow the instructions very very carefully

I updated the the client, the content and the Scenery as per the instructions and every thing worked fine.

if you have ORBX scenery you will need to update a dll manually if ORBX havent already taken care of it with FTXCentral. I also had to reinstall My A2A c172 and Cherokee and update ASP4 as fara as I can tell everything is working better than fine :biggrin:

Completed the update.  Uninstalled Client and Content, then installed the updates and registered.  Did a test startup, no problems with taxiing.  Closed the program, uninstalled the scenery, then installed the update.  Everything works perfectly, same as before.  Forgot to add, the update recognized my add-on scenery and aircraft.

John