Sign in to follow this  
Mikelab6

What's about "Removed incompatible AI models" in CONTENT of 4.1

Hi,

I am wondering of this one if we do not update the content. Do you think "incompatible AI models" causes problems or CTD ?

Mike

I guess it is somehow related to the fact that FS9 based models can CTD the sim. However, I do not get the link to v4.1 neither, as I doubt that P3D used FS9 based AI models in their default AI traffic. As I do not use the default AI traffic at all since years, I can however not tell for sure...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

It means the content removed default AI models belonging to the sim (no 3rd party aircraft) that were incompatible.

These models were no specified, so it can be boats, animals, planes, etc.

Best regards,

Simbol 

Yes, sure... old ai-aircrafts cause cdt perhaps because coming with textures from fs2004. When testing Italian's zone, I discovered that problem, according scheduled flights (each cdt at the same hour in the sim-time"

There for, in simobjects I searched all aircraft containing "ai" in the name and isolated those... After no more problems... I suspected ai and I was right.

To have only ai-aircrafts v4 compatible, I reinstalling some sceneries, and make the choice to use Ultime traffic live... The only one traffic-soft annonced v4 ready...

No more cdt... In the same zone...

Another option for those using AI packages such as WoAI is to use a freeware tool called ThumbnailExporter by LORBY-SI.

It allows you to scan through all your models and identify models using the old format. You can then gid rid of only those and keep the other models. A bit of a work but well worth the time if you do online flying and want lots of models without risking using old models that could cause issues.

Richard Åsberg

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

Or you can just buy an approved PD3V4 AI package and expend your valuable time actually flying.. :biggrin:

Very true not constantly spending your time on other stuff rather than flying. I really need to get better on that :biggrin:

What approved P3Dv4 AI packages are there out there? Is it UT Live or are there others as well?

Richard Åsberg

17 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Another option for those using AI packages such as WoAI is to use a freeware tool called ThumbnailExporter by LORBY-SI.

It allows you to scan through all your models and identify models using the old format. You can then gid rid of only those and keep the other models. A bit of a work but well worth the time if you do online flying and want lots of models without risking using old models that could cause issues.

Hello,

After running "ThumbnailExporter" in the Result I find may aircrafts with the "NO THUMBNAIL! " indication.

Are these aircrafts 'old Models" that must removed from my V4.1 or do you use and other research criteria?

Thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

18 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

All the models prompt an error I may be using it incorrectly. I use ACA-Light and the TBM Avenger Ghost gives error prompts in that,

5 hours ago, Emile said:

Hello,

After running "ThumbnailExporter" in the Result I find may aircrafts with the "NO THUMBNAIL! " indication.

Are these aircrafts 'old Models" that must removed from my V4.1 or do you use and other research criteria?

Thanks in advance

What you should look for is any models where the model type is MDL8. Those are the models you want to get rid of.

When you're done you will see something like this at the end of the report:

Number of model type MDLX: 210

You don't want to see any MDL8 models there.

Richard Åsberg

5 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

All the models prompt an error I may be using it incorrectly. I use ACA-Light and the TBM Avenger Ghost gives error prompts in that,

Sorry to hear you're having issues using the tool.

Here it runs just fine so I suggest you head over to the developer's site and maybe he'll be able to help you out.

Richard Åsberg