Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

GTN 750 for v4.1?

30 minutes ago, onebob said:

Affinity Mask... open Task Manager click on 'Processes' right click on 'GTN Simulator' and click 'set affinity' click 'all Processors'

It does appear it's not picking up the cores in the config tool.

this is only a temporary solution as this needs to be done every time you boot up P3d.  but at the moment its now working.

bob

I see, I will try tonight and report the findings to F1.

Many thanks 

Simbol 

Yes, just checked it again, setting 'All Cores ' in the F1GTN Config tool and checking the AM in Task Manager which shows it set to core '0' so it doent appear to be picking up the AM in the config tool.

bob

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, onebob said:

Yes, just checked it again, setting 'All Cores ' in the F1GTN Config tool and checking the AM in Task Manager which shows it set to core '0' so it doent appear to be picking up the AM in the config tool.

bob

I am away from my beloved Simulator PC, but your explanation makes total sense.

Thanks for reporting this.

Regards,
Simbol

2 hours ago, simbol said:

I am away from my beloved Simulator PC, but your explanation makes total sense.

Thanks for reporting this.

Regards,
Simbol

try altering this line in the F1GTN config file in your  Airplane section (Sim Objects) ....    CPU Core=0   this will use the last core   .  this works ok

bob

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, onebob said:

try altering this line in the F1GTN config file in your  Airplane section (Sim Objects) ....    CPU Core=0   this will use the last core   .  this works ok

bob

Many thanks,

That is fine for a temporally solution, I was happy when they were using all cores, so they better fix this!

Simbol

7 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

If you need to re-install the software, does it preserve your custom waypoints or is there a way to back them up and restore them to the new version.

Pine, your waypoints will be fine. I use quite a few, and they're all still there (from memory, they're stored in a folder in the Garmin trainer, and that shouldn't be getting uninstalled).

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Pine, your waypoints will be fine. I use quite a few, and they're all still there (from memory, they're stored in a folder in the Garmin trainer, and that shouldn't be getting uninstalled).

As long as you do not re-install the Garmin Trainer!  :blush:

• Upvote 1

Bert

Yes, Bert, that's what I said, maybe should have capitalised:

"and that SHOULD NOT be getting uninstalled!!!!!!!!!"

:)

If anyone wants to back their waypoints up, they're saved by default in:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN

Look for these files:

GTN2nonvol (contains the GTN 750 waypoints and flightplans)
GTN4nonvol (contains the same data for the GTN 650)

Whilst you shouldn't be planning on touching the trainer itself, there's no harm in backing these up if - like me - you've got lots of user waypoints (I mainly use them for small fields that aren't in the Garmin database)

Cheers!

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Here is the GTN750 by RealityXP compatible with P3D v4.1 (and Trainer 6.41). Coming in a few hours or days.

Tested here integrated into A2A C182

Capture-1p.jpg

Capture-2p.jpg

• Upvote 1

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

18 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Thanks for the advice and good news. Looks like it is save to upgrade to 4.1 now. The showstopper are now out of the way.

Johan Pienaar

7 hours ago, blakeburles said:

Just redownload from the Flight1 website and it will work that's what i needed to do update tool is useless 

Yes, I posted that back on October 13th. 😊

The issues people are having are:

- trying to update using the tool - don't. Just do a full reinstall with the latest version from F1. The advice to use the updater earlier in this thread is wrong.

- dont be confused if the version number of the download is the same as what you downloaded for v4.0 - flight 1 named it incorrectly, but the program itself was promptly updated for v4.1 (not sure if they ever fixed this, at any rate just download the program fresh from the f1 site and you'll be fine).

Also by way of clarication: you don't uninstall the Garmin trainer program, just the Flight 1 gtn 650/750 program. As your custom waypoints are stored in the former, they will be preserved.

Flight 1 have got really good at rapidly updating their software with P3d point releases - good work, chaps!

😊

Oz

8 hours ago, blakeburles said:

Just redownload from the Flight1 website and it will work that's what i needed to do update tool is useless 

I think you need to refer to the info on the 'Update Tool'..... re.. The update tool is only  for general simulator compatibility......................its not designed for software updates  ........

RE V4.1 + F1 GTN 750 = ? 

For the last 8 weeks I've had intermittent CTDs e.g. 1 in 4 flight sessions (say 10 to 40 mins into flight), I'm sure someone out there knows how this feels. It's puzzling and wrecks your confidence in PC hardware and software add-ons; just waiting for the next CTD or BSOD to hit you in the eyes  (and ears!!). I've bunged my 3rd party antivirus; but that wasn't the culprit, it turns out. I've up-dated drivers, uninstalled everything, all planes, including the attractive ORBX scenery (with its Object Flow addon). Not fun anymore. What is crashing my new, up-to-date 'gaming' PC? (I'm not IT savvy so I don't know how to summarise its specs). I'm burning up a lot of flying time, trying to suss this. I will get there!!

So, back on yer feet and march on! Reinstalled P3D and back to default P3D alone! Working fine; no CTD on 20 out of 20 flights. That supports my excellent Midlands Computer supplier assuring me the hardware is good.

Installed quality A2A planes. Fine so far.

Next step in my priority list, in a few days time, after 10 more "A2A successes", is to reinstall F1 GTN 750(-650). (Which I really enjoyed in a previous life with FSX, ha!). 

Million dollar question. Is this super addon GTN 750(-650) COMPATIBLE WITH P3D V4.1?

Please feel free to tell me. Are your flights with GTN 750 dogged by (occasional) CTDs OR do you have no CTDs with this highly immersive and satisfying addon?

In advance, thank you for your time and support.

Rod, Birmingham UK

26 minutes ago, rod321 said:

RE V4.1 + F1 GTN 750 = ? 

For the last 8 weeks I've had intermittent CTDs e.g. 1 in 4 flight sessions (say 10 to 40 mins into flight), I'm sure someone out there knows how this feels. It's puzzling and wrecks your confidence in PC hardware and software add-ons; just waiting for the next CTD or BSOD to hit you in the eyes  (and ears!!). I've bunged my 3rd party antivirus; but that wasn't the culprit, it turns out. I've up-dated drivers, uninstalled everything, all planes, including the attractive ORBX scenery (with its Object Flow addon). Not fun anymore. What is crashing my new, up-to-date 'gaming' PC? (I'm not IT savvy so I don't know how to summarise its specs). I'm burning up a lot of flying time, trying to suss this. I will get there!!

So, back on yer feet and march on! Reinstalled P3D and back to default P3D alone! Working fine; no CTD on 20 out of 20 flights. That supports my excellent Midlands Computer supplier assuring me the hardware is good.

Installed quality A2A planes. Fine so far.

Next step in my priority list, in a few days time, after 10 more "A2A successes", is to reinstall F1 GTN 750(-650). (Which I really enjoyed in a previous life with FSX, ha!). 

Million dollar question. Is this super addon GTN 750(-650) COMPATIBLE WITH P3D V4.1?

Please feel free to tell me. Are your flights with GTN 750 dogged by (occasional) CTDs OR do you have no CTDs with this highly immersive and satisfying addon?

In advance, thank you for your time and support.

Rod, Birmingham UK

I am using this add-on without CTD, which version are you using?

Also are you Overclocking your CPU? this my sound dumb but since the latest Windows updates (1709) some CPUs overclock became unstable and need to be re-adjusted, this happened to me and forced me to drop my OC from 4.7 down to 4.5Ghz to avoid a lot of CTD.

After lots of testing I managed to put it back to 4.6Ghz, but currently I am running at 4.5Ghz since it seems my CPU runs more stable like this specially with the latest Meltdown and Spectre patches.

F1 GNT is very CPU intensive, so I wouldn't be surprised if your are just experiencing issues with your OC settings.

Regards,
Simbol