Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

GTN 750 for v4.1?

Now, thanks to you Bert, I've got a sequenced, step by step 'game plan'.

Battle-weary, you've given me a new lease of life. So, on the side,  I've just registered with the Orbx Forum and left a message about 'compatibility'.

Anyway, I'll take the plunge with installing Orbx Global. (Does that also mean installing anything else at the same time e.g. Orbx Libraries?) I'll just wait for your views on the Libraries before I 'get in the ring'.

Appreciation

Rod

10 minutes ago, rod321 said:

Now, thanks to you Bert, I've got a sequenced, step by step 'game plan'.

Battle-weary, you've given me a new lease of life. So, on the side,  I've just registered with the Orbx Forum and left a message about 'compatibility'.

Anyway, I'll take the plunge with installing Orbx Global. (Does that also mean installing anything else at the same time e.g. Orbx Libraries?) I'll just wait for your views on the Libraries before I 'get in the ring'.

Appreciation

Rod

No just Global for now, along with FTX Central,  which is the Orbx control center..

I believe the Libraries come later,  but do whatever FTX asks you to do..

Bert

14 minutes ago, rod321 said:

Orbx Libraries

You need to research FTX Central 3, after you have that installed its a matter of just clicking on what you want to purchase and install. Libaries  get updated in FTX central

bob

edit I see Bert beat me to it

Thanks fellas,

job done 

sorry to admit that I still don't know what to do about Orbx 'Libraries'. Do I have to install this at some time? When? For now, I've followed your advice and left it behind.

Now its up to me to take a few days and fly half a dozen 60 min flights e.g. Cardiff to Liverpool etc. i.e positive thinking that I get that far without CTD. 

(for peoples continued interest, I'll also keep an eye on my first Orbx forum posting 'Compatibility'; submitted this evening)

Great stuff. Hoping this thread is of help or interest to others. I still haven't forgotten that the lead subject is about F1 GTN 750; hopefully I get a chance to bite that bullet and contribute.

Rod

You will have to install the Libraries when you install any of FTX Regions or Airports.

You can install them any time.. :happy:

Make it your next install..

Assuming Global + Libraries works OK...

Next step:  GTN 750

After that: Orbx  scenery/airports..

Bert

Much appreciated Bert. Now I know exactly what to do. I've just returned from the Orbx Forum/P3D section and been reading the fab Elaine Dixon's troubleshooting guidelines; including reacting to CTDs!

(There's nothing like being prepared. I'm sure Canadian super astronaut Chris Hadfield would be pleased with my prep.)

Good night

Rod

Hi Pilot, Experts

Yeah, I'm progressing: 4 long flights with OrbxGlobal and not a CTD in sight

I've just tried to attach a screenshot from my ControlPanel/Programs; it contains a list (more than 10) of Gigabyte Apps that I unintentionally installed. I want to move to the next step of testing the compatibility of F1 GTN 750 but I want to move on nice and clean. I'm talking about the Apps within my windows StartMenu called Gigabyte Apps (or similar) (I have saved a screenshot of this but I cant work out how to attach it here) I havn't opened or used these apps to change any settings. They are all from the Gigabyte company.

** so is it safe to just uninstall these gigabyte apps?

One more cleaning up step before I go ahead and install F1 GTN 750 is that I've UNINSTALLED gigabyte Aorus Graphics Engine. That uninstall didn't affect anythin. I've just had a long flight with no CTD; OrbxGlobal and Libraries installed. I've noticed previously that when I tried to installOrbx  then the colour/behaviour of the Aorus lighting ("Gigabyte Fan Stop") on the side of the graphics card changed; so they seem to be "interacting"

*** Is there a way a doing a kind of REPAIR to Orbx Global (cos Aorus Graphic Engine was installed when I installed OrbxGlobal); just to be on the safe side?

Many thanks

Rod

I quite frankly think that Orbx Global would not care, either way..

Do not worry about it.

As for Gigabyte apps, I have no idea..

Bert

1 hour ago, rod321 said:

** so is it safe to just uninstall these gigabyte apps?

It's probably safe but I'm not sure if it would be wise if you have a GigaByte motherboard. Some of these apps are how you change BIOS settings or upgrade firmware. There are overclocking utilities too if you want to go down that road.  My GigaByte apps take up about 330MB so you might clean up your start menu but you won't reclaim a lot of disk space.

Thank you Holdit. I guess I must have a motherboard from the Gigabyte company. I've got NO intention to use any of these Apps. I haven't opened them or changed any settings. I'm not at all IT savvy and don't want to play around with something I don't understand or wont know how to reverse a wrong 'click'. e.g. I don't need to overclock. 

Another thing I appreciate about your message, is that you have these Apps BUT they are not impairing your use of P3D V4.1

I'm very tempted to give a third of a gigabyte of unwanted apps the chop.

***Just waiting for further advice***

Looking forward to using. F1 GTN 750 on P3D V4.1.

((With regards my occasional (past, hopefully) CTDs, I'm beginning to wonder whether all this uninstalling and bit by bit reinstalling is just what I needed. Discarding maybe unhelpful settings, possibly triggering CTDs??))

Rod

F1 GTN 750 for P3D 4.1 = Yes

At last, Warbirds, I've been able to give my answer to your question. Its taken me a week or so.

OrbxGlobal + F1 GTN 750 for P3D 4.1 = Yes

Rod got CTDS = No

Thanks to Bert!

"I am fixed!" (though my daughters and their mother might disagree)

Did send a longer version of this message last night but it didn't get "processed"

Rod

Birmingham, UK

• Upvote 1