Sign in to follow this  
559AS

Think I broke something.

After updating P3d (Client only) to 4.1, I wanted to refresh my PTA preset just in case something changed.  Once I launched PTA, a popup box warned me that I've updated P3D and that I need to do something with my backup shaders.  I clicked ok without giving it much thought and continued.  Now I get the following warnings..

ERROR: You use unsupported version of Prepar3D!
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
Preset C:\Users\Ryan\Desktop\pta_2.52\PTAbsolute for PTA 2.52 - P3Dv4\PTAbsolute - Natural set - More Haze.ini loaded

No idea what to do next.

Ryan

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

18 minutes ago, 559AS said:

After updating P3d (Client only) to 4.1, I wanted to refresh my PTA preset just in case something changed.  Once I launched PTA, a popup box warned me that I've updated P3D and that I need to do something with my backup shaders.  I clicked ok without giving it much thought and continued.  Now I get the following warnings..

ERROR: You use unsupported version of Prepar3D!
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
Preset C:\Users\Ryan\Desktop\pta_2.52\PTAbsolute for PTA 2.52 - P3Dv4\PTAbsolute - Natural set - More Haze.ini loaded

No idea what to do next.

Ryan

I don't think PTA is compatible yet with 4.1. You need to install the 4.1 content  and it will fix things. then wait until there is a version of PTA for P3Dv4.1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

You haven't broken anything. That's the message we're all getting at the moment.

Not long to wait now. The new version of PTA is less than 12 hours away :-)

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Pete - Actually a reinstall of the client, rather than the content, is what will fix corrupt or missing shaders.

From Sunny YBCG.

Cheers,

howevr

12 minutes ago, howevr said:

Pete - Actually a reinstall of the client, rather than the content, is what will fix corrupt or missing shaders.

You might confuse Pete with this :dry: ...

If you look at his error, you'll see it's not a corrupt shaders as such - just the typical messagew that we're all see when we try to use PTA 2.52 on the P3Dv4.1 update. Reinstalling the client won't help - only the new PTA will (soon!!).

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.