Sign in to follow this  

Bought PTA: I was afraid this would happen

Ok, so after all the raving reviews I decided to buy PTA after all. I am still running 4.0 so no problems there. I also read about the great preset call Thopat so I also downloaded that one. Then I fired up P3D and just as I thought things looked terrible, just as in the screenshots I saw. Very oversaturated colors and things are way too DARK! I can't even see the details of my A2A Comanche cockpit anymore! It's all BLACK! And it does NOT like like the sun is shining for the first time, as everyone says: it looks way too dark and totally unrealistic! It looks as if my monitor is braking down! Terrible. Yikes. I turned brightness up and while it helped to bring back a little bit of detail it mainly made things look worse.

Now I absolutely hate tweaking (since leaving FSX behind) so I was hoping someone here would show me a preset that would make the sun shine as promised (my test flights was on a sunny summer's day with just a few clouds) and that would also make things look REALISTIC instead of totally ****. Any ideas anyone?

EDIT
And could it be PTA hurts performance?

Hi,

There are several presets avialable.
Try this posting: 

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Would recommend Pilot Pete's PTA Preset have a look at this mate, it ain't bad and not too saturated etc he's gone for realism. No need for reshade either. Fly Safe.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Hi,

There are several presets avialable.
Try this posting:

Had a look at that topic in the meantime but 1. there hardly are any presets you can download and 2. the ones I could download still look way too dark.

4 minutes ago, Wingloader said:

Would recommend Pilot Pete's PTA Preset have a look at this mate, it ain't bad and not too saturated etc he's gone for realism. No need for reshade either. Fly Safe.

Thanks, I will have a look at that one!

Hi,

First of all, you need to wait for PTA update for P3D v4.1. It should be released today.

As for me, I am using Envtex and their PTA absolute preset (viersion with more haze). Coupled with AS16 and ASCA it gives me the best, realistic experience.

If you decide to use it, don't forget to adjust your HDR settings for the recommended ones. Many PTA presets have those recommendations.

Anyways... since you don't like tweaking... welcome back in hell :biggrin:

Good luck

• Upvote 1

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

26 minutes ago, J van E said:

Ok, so after all the raving reviews I decided to buy PTA after all. I am still running 4.0 so no problems there. I also read about the great preset call Thopat so I also downloaded that one. Then I fired up P3D and just as I thought things looked terrible, just as in the screenshots I saw. Very oversaturated colors and things are way too DARK! I can't even see the details of my A2A Comanche cockpit anymore! It's all BLACK! And it does NOT like like the sun is shining for the first time, as everyone says: it looks way too dark and totally unrealistic! It looks as if my monitor is braking down! Terrible. Yikes. I turned brightness up and while it helped to bring back a little bit of detail it mainly made things look worse.

Now I absolutely hate tweaking (since leaving FSX behind) so I was hoping someone here would show me a preset that would make the sun shine as promised (my test flights was on a sunny summer's day with just a few clouds) and that would also make things look REALISTIC instead of totally ****. Any ideas anyone?

EDIT
And could it be PTA hurts performance?

You need to take a chill pill. :biggrin:

REX has several PTA presets. Maybe there's one that you will like.

Once you start playing with the PTA settings you will be able to set up the sim the way you like it.

An updated version is set to be released today.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Bit more drama and you could have your own TV show.

• Upvote 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Well he is not happy and he is reaching for help, hopefully he will get the desired results after following the useful comments from other experienced PTA users.

Regards,
Simbol

6 minutes ago, twojastara said:

First of all, you need to wait for PTA update for P3D v4.1. It should be released today.

Don't have 4.1 installed yet. :wink:

3 minutes ago, Wingloader said:

Yeh sure Pete will update his Preset once PTA compatibility  for P3D 4.1 is released. :happy:

Tried Pete's preset: still terribly dark and saturated. Changing the HDR settings (which he didn't give on the file) doesn't help.

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

You need to take a chill pill. :biggrin:

REX has several PTA presets. Maybe there's one that you will like.

Maybe yes, LOL but I just bought the addon hoping that I would be AMAZED as everyone else seems to be but so far I don't understand why everyone is so happy with it.

I will have a look at the REX preset altough I don't use REX.

1 minute ago, Sethos1988 said:

Bit more drama and you could have your own TV show.

That is my final goal, yes LOL But anyway, I don't see any harm in posting my honest opinion here. I was expecting a lot from PTA but so far is hasn't paid off. On the contrary.

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Well he is not happy and he is reaching for help, hopefully he will get the desired results after following the useful comments from other experienced PTA users.

Regards,
Simbol

Thank you. :happy:

1 minute ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Or be "the leader of the free world".

:biggrin:

hello,

the simplest solution to beat darkness is search for light :P 

in P3D you do that by going to the lighting tab/options and increase the brightness till you like it !

The problem with these presets is that its not 'one size fits all' , simply because almost every one has different monitors ,TVs etc, therefore different looking outputs.

many times we need to make minor adjustments to the brightness,saturation,bloom sliders.

Note : ALL this is assuming you have HDR lighting enabled .

Kind regards,

jaffer

Before PTA I had URP. I then got PTA and set it up and found things were dark. I disabled URP and found that really brightened things up. If you have URP as well try removing it and see if that improves the brightness.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

Everyone is happy with PTA because it makes P3D v4 look amazing. I have not updated to 4.1 because I'm waiting for the PTA update to be released. That's how much of a difference it makes.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.