Sign in to follow this  

Bought PTA: I was afraid this would happen

22 minutes ago, jafferhussain11 said:

hello,

the simplest solution to beat darkness is search for light :P 

in P3D you do that by going to the lighting tab/options and increase the brightness till you like it !

The problem with these presets is that its not 'one size fits all' , simply because almost every one has different monitors ,TVs etc, therefore different looking outputs.

many times we need to make minor adjustments to the brightness,saturation,bloom sliders.

Note : ALL this is assuming you have HDR lighting enabled .

Kind regards,

jaffer

Thanks for the tip but as I said turning up brightness only makes things look worse here... And Yes, HDR is on.

15 minutes ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Before PTA I had URP. I then got PTA and set it up and found things were dark. I disabled URP and found that really brightened things up. If you have URP as well try removing it and see if that improves the brightness.

Don't have URP but thanks for the heads up!

11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Everyone is happy with PTA because it makes P3D v4 look amazing. I have not updated to 4.1 because I'm waiting for the PTA update to be released. That's how much of a difference it makes.

It's post like these that made me buy PTA and it's posts like these that makes me thing what is going wrong here. :happy: As it is now I am ready to update to 4.1 so I can't use PTA anymore LOL Look amazing...? Now THAT amazes me. It may look amazing in a way but it sure doesn't look realistic.

Jeroen, try mine. It is the one I use in all of my vids...

http://members.casema.nl/gsalden/PTA2-thopat-2_0_5 saldo-Vis 125.rar

Ajaccio Low Alt.jpg

Ajaccio Med Alt.jpg

Ajaccio High Alt.jpg

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, J van E said:

things are way too DARK! I can't even see the details of my A2A Comanche cockpit anymore! It's all BLACK!

Thopat has the contrast ramped up

In Pta go to contrast tuning on the left near the bottom and set the default value of 0.5

Higher values increase contrast, that's one of the reasons it's so dark. 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

1 hour ago, Wingloader said:

Would recommend Pilot Pete's PTA Preset have a look at this mate, it ain't bad and not too saturated etc he's gone for realism. No need for reshade either. Fly Safe.

Thanks for the link. I just applied this and loving it. 

I was in the same situation. I got PTA and had trouble finding a preset I really liked.

I then gave URP a go and haven't looked back at PTA since. I use URP skies and shaders high contrast without reshade and the recommended HDR settings. Don't use the sun mod since I have that from ENVTEX together with clouds.

Really happy with this setup!

Richard Åsberg

26 minutes ago, branks737 said:

Thanks for the link. I just applied this and loving it. 

Glad to hear it, it's not bad me thinks, not too in ya face either so to speak, has a good realism kind of edge to it.  :happy:

Just try tweaking the values yourself - most of them have screenshots that show you pretty much exactly what the effect will be. That's how I've ended up with a preset that I'm very happy with (I went for realism rather than heavy over saturated colours), and it only took me a little bit of trial and error.

There are ton of people with presets.  A little searching would have saved you some headache.  

And yes after applying the preset you'll have adjust the lighting settings the person who created the preset to match in P3D.  

Thopat

URP

Adam_NZ

REX

ENVTEX

Matt Davies

are the most well known for their presets.

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

22 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

then gave URP a go

What's URP?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Personally, I like Adam's (find it on NZFSIM) preset most. What is absolutely essential: a preset not also giving you advice on how you have to configure the three HDR related sliders is basically useless and will often result in a display different from what is expected. Also be aware that other addons such as REX or ENVTEX etc. greatly influences the visual appearance of certain presets as well.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Other people presets could serve as a technical guidance for your own presets. That was my story with PTA since Day 1

29 minutes ago, Wingloader said:

Glad to hear it, it's not bad me thinks, not too in ya face either so to speak, has a good realism kind of edge to it.  :happy:

Spoke too soon. It looks amazing but brings stutters to my system. This pilot Pete setup actually brings my graphics card to its knees (gtx 1080). I think it may be re shade doing it.

In addition it brought in CTD which I never had before. 

2 hours ago, J van E said:

Ok, so after all the raving reviews I decided to buy PTA after all. I am still running 4.0 so no problems there. I also read about the great preset call Thopat so I also downloaded that one. Then I fired up P3D and just as I thought things looked terrible, just as in the screenshots I saw. Very oversaturated colors and things are way too DARK! I can't even see the details of my A2A Comanche cockpit anymore! It's all BLACK! And it does NOT like like the sun is shining for the first time, as everyone says: it looks way too dark and totally unrealistic! It looks as if my monitor is braking down! Terrible. Yikes. I turned brightness up and while it helped to bring back a little bit of detail it mainly made things look worse.

Now I absolutely hate tweaking (since leaving FSX behind) so I was hoping someone here would show me a preset that would make the sun shine as promised (my test flights was on a sunny summer's day with just a few clouds) and that would also make things look REALISTIC instead of totally ****. Any ideas anyone?

EDIT
And could it be PTA hurts performance?

I don't like THOPAT for that very reason.  It's way to dark

I use Adam's PTA presets - found here.

http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA

3 minutes ago, branks737 said:

Spoke too soon. It looks amazing but brings stutters to my system. This pilot Pete setup actually brings my graphics card to its knees (gtx 1080). I think it may be re shade doing it.

Of course you are running too many Post processing shaders!!, I use only Re-shade, the video is asking people to use PTA + Reshade. Which is personal think is bonkers.

You should use one or another.

S.

• Upvote 2