Sign in to follow this  

Bought PTA: I was afraid this would happen

9 minutes ago, Ebs said:

Are you talking about this one? - https://togapjcts.wixsite.com/toga/ptabsolute

I'll give it a try too. Thanks for the recommendation!

Yes! Download the version for PTA and there will be three presets in it. I now use 'PTAbsolute - Natural set - Less Haze.ini'. Looks pretty realistic to me, no cartoonish saturation, no black shadows and cockpits and no bleeched whites. :wink: Be sure to set the correct HDR settings:

-Brightness: 1,30
-Bloom: 0,20
-Saturation: 1,00

8 minutes ago, J van E said:

No, didn't try that yet because I payed for PTA. :happy: But I did try the ENVTEX Natural preset just now (missed that one, sorry) and FINALLY there is a preset that seems to be doing something good. The ground nearby is almost like default, so not saturated or dark, but the distance has a slightly blue haze (not totally blown out blue) and the clouds are a bit whiter (and not tally bleeched whiter or grey). And I can actually see the cockpit of my Comanche. So this might be a keeper. I will also try the ones with more or less haze. Phew. What a day. Still doubt if this was worth the money but it's not too bad. I might even consider getting ENVTEX (which I don't own) because these guys at least seem to know what they are doing...

We seem to walk on the same path because just like you I started with PTA and came to the same conclusion you did as already mentioned and I then settled with the ENVTEX Natural preset just like you and feeling exactly the same thing...finally a preset that isn't too much of everything. I then started playing around with URP just to see the different options I had to choose from and IMO URP was even better than the ENVTEX Natural preset. It's a bit more of everything but still not too much.

I still think you should try it out and see what you think. More important that you find something that you really like rather than using a software only because you paid for it. At least that's my view on it.

As for ENVTEX and the guys over at TOGA they sure know what they're doing and couldn't be more happy with the textures I'm using (currently Cumulus, Cirrus, Sun and Moon). Their sky textures are great as well but at this point I'm using the sky textures provided by URP since these are said to match the URP shader settings best and I'm very happy with the result.

Richard Åsberg

7 minutes ago, J van E said:

Be sure to set the correct HDR settings:

Indeed :wink:

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Happy Birthday Jeroen!  

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just bought PTA for 4.1

Installed used Matts preset

Stunning. 

That easy.

Not even going to tweak it.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Just bought PTA for 4.1

Installed used Matts preset

Stunning. 

That easy.

Same here David

In-light me :-) What preset (i know you love A320 and the NGX my friend :-) )

Thanks

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I just used Matts that came with it 

MattDavies1.3

Will do a full flight in the NG in 30 mins will get a better feel then but out the box it looks great. First look anyway. Cockpit in a default was not to dark at all.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

56 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Happy Birthday Jeroen!  

Vic

Thanks! 

11 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I just used Matts that came with it 

MattDavies1.3

Will do a full flight in the NG in 30 mins will get a better feel then but out the box it looks great. First look anyway. Cockpit in a default was not to dark at all.

whoops  - Simmarket is only up to 2.52  - 2.60 is required right ?

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yes i bought it from Matts web site

https://www.simtweaks.com/

32 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I thought the same!

...Then I tried THOPAT preset - https://www.sass-projects.info/thopat/

...Then Visual Mod 1.1 - http://www.aviationlads.com/download/download-pta-preset-visual-mod-v1-1/

...Now I'm about to download the ENVTEX one - https://togapjcts.wixsite.com/toga/ptabsolute

:blink::biggrin:

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

3 minutes ago, batito said:

I am thinking of buying it. 

Wait at least until you are relaxed and have all the time in the world and aren't expecting wonders. :cool: And then start with trying the presets from the ENVTEX guys. If you think that's too subtle, go all out with something like Thopat's preset.