Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA v2.60 Released (P3D v4.1 Compatibility & New Features)

Hi all,

I'm glad to announce that PTA v2.60 is now available via your order page on the https://www.simtweaks.com website - feel free to download and try it out.

Some new features are:

• - P3D v4.1 Compatibility
  • No popcorn tweak has been completely rewritten. The old algorithm which worked in v3 doesn't render correctly in v4 resulting in grey clouds within a close proximity to your viewpoint
  • Alternate tone map tweak has been improved - this basically stops clouds from being too bright when you have bloom set using HDR
  • Separate lighting adjustments for aircraft externally and internally - now you can adjust the lights for the VC separately to the external model
  • Added an adjustable parameter to reduce cloud brightness at varying stages of the 24hr day cycle (dawn/day/dusk/night)
  • Added a new tweak which allows separate adjustment of HDR bloom during the 24hr day cycle (dawn/day/dusk/night)

All presets from PTA 2.5X are compatible

The old values of the "Aircraft lighting & saturation" tweak now appear in the "Aircraft lighting & saturation" tweak. If you used only the VC adjustments, please use the new tweak, "Aircraft VC lighting & saturation".

How to update:

1. PTA v2.60 requires a fresh install in separate directory
  2. Please backup your presets and delete any old versions of PTA 2.50(-2.52).
  3. Install PTA v2.60 and then activate it.

If you have any issues regarding this update, please post below or send an email to matt.davies@projectfly.co.uk

Thanks for your patience & continued support.

Matt.

• Upvote 7

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Thanks a lot Matt !

Best regards,

Hans van Wijhe

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

"In separate directory"

Do you mean even after completely removing the current PTA installation, one should not install 2.60 into a directory of the same name where the 2.52 was?

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

1 minute ago, kityatyi said:

"In separate directory"

Do you mean even after completely removing the current PTA installation, one should not install 2.60 into a directory of the same name where the 2.52 was?

As long as the directory is empty, it's fine.

• Upvote 1

Matt Davies

=====
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Never heard about this PTA until now.  When I visited the site and try clicking on any screenshot, there is no larger shot showing, so everything is small. As the result I could not really what's the app is about.  I am using Chrome if that helps.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

For those of us who purchased from Simmarket do we have to wait until it has been uploaded there or is there a link somewhere to download the program and then copy our code from our Simmarket account? 

When is it likely to appear on Simmarket. will be a pain if there slow to upload and being a Friday if its not done by end of day its not likely to be till Monday at least. Not sure what there working hours are.

One of the drawbacks from using an online store. Makes all your purchases easy to manage but can be a pain waiting for an update, especially one your desperate for.

Many thanks

Richard

Thanks Matt! :biggrin: Now I can take 4.1 from LM download section.... ;>.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Same here related to have a code from simmarket and not being able to be a PTA citizen for first day download. Sincerely I don't understand you developers. What's wrong about publishing the update for people that already have a registered version of PTA adquired in one of the stores you are selling it?

Not fun

Richard

Hi all

Firstly thank you for the updated version Matt.

I've applied the preset i was using with the previous version but i'm getting this error: ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 3] : the desired block is not found
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above.

It says the preset has been applied but with the errors, Does that mean it won't work? Or it this just because of the new features that have been added? 

27 minutes ago, rgroy said:

Same here related to have a code from simmarket and not being able to be a PTA citizen for first day download. Sincerely I don't understand you developers. What's wrong about publishing the update for people that already have a registered version of PTA adquired in one of the stores you are selling it?

Not fun

Richard

I agree. there should be a link for people who have purchased from online stores to download the program, I assume Matt has sent the files to them for uploading but we are at the mercy of them until we can use the program and they can be slow to action.

May have to repurchase from Simmtweaks if it doesnt show soon, I know its a pain and defeats the object but at least its not mega bucks. Im not going the whole weekend without PTA.

Surely providing a link wouldn,t be a sucurity or piracy risk as you need your product key for the program to work.

This is one they need to act fast on, The program is out we've paid our money but cant use it. Theres probably thousands waiting for the update on Simmarket.

Richard

Just checked simmarket and updated version is not there for download.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

43 minutes ago, richardlepage said:

For those of us who purchased from Simmarket do we have to wait until it has been uploaded there or is there a link somewhere to download the program and then copy our code from our Simmarket account? 

When is it likely to appear on Simmarket. will be a pain if there slow to upload and being a Friday if its not done by end of day its not likely to be till Monday at least. Not sure what there working hours are.

One of the drawbacks from using an online store. Makes all your purchases easy to manage but can be a pain waiting for an update, especially one your desperate for.

Many thanks

Richard

When you buy PTA from Simmarket, we automatically create an account for you on the Simtweaks website. You can log in to the Simtweaks website using your simmarket email address and your PTA key as the password.

Matt Davies

=====

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.