Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA v2.60 Released (P3D v4.1 Compatibility & New Features)

31 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Hi all

Firstly thank you for the updated version Matt.

I've applied the preset i was using with the previous version but i'm getting this error: ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 3] : the desired block is not found
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above.

It says the preset has been applied but with the errors, Does that mean it won't work? Or it this just because of the new features that have been added? 

Can you try the preset that comes with the new download? That may be an incompatibility with an older tweak or something.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

22 hours ago, rgroy said:

Same here related to have a code from simmarket and not being able to be a PTA citizen for first day download. Sincerely I don't understand you developers. What's wrong about publishing the update for people that already have a registered version of PTA adquired in one of the stores you are selling it?

Not fun

Richard

We've made it so that when you buy from Simmarket, we create you an account automatically on the Simtweaks website - you can login with your Simmarket email and your PTA serial as the password - then you're free to download the latest version.

• Upvote 2

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Hey Matt!

Very nice to see PTA V2.60 for V4, very good!

I just have a question. When I installed the new version and was going activate it, it said ''Wrong Key''.

I used the serial I have been given from Simtweaks and I have it used all the times.

Do you know what the problem is?

Hi,

sorry for my bad english.

There is an problem with 2.60:

Applying [Clouds directional lighting 1] to D:\Simulator\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Clouds directional lighting 2] to D:\Simulator\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
   Applying [Clouds directional lighting 3] to D:\Simulator\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 3] : the desired block is not found
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above

After this, there are no Clouds in P3D. I Use the Thopat Preset.Any ideas or solutions?

Edit: The "MattDavies1.3" make no problems.

• Upvote 1

Matt, great job on 2.60...! In particular the work on the clouds shape and lighting is truly amazing. Just one question: which sky textures do you suggest to use with your preset ?

Cheers

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

28 minutes ago, exor85 said:

Hi,

sorry for my bad english.

There is an problem with 2.60:

After this, there are no Clouds in P3D. I Use the Thopat Preset.Any ideas or solutions?

Edit: The "MattDavies1.3" make no problems.

The Thopat preset from v2.52 uses 3 Clouds Lighting Directional tweaks.

That does not work with v2.60 in P3Dv4.1 .

Delete those tweaks at the top ( Custom, Tweaks ) and the preset will work.

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

13 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Flight simulators are multi purpose software!

They are teaching you a lot about aviation, in addition to IT technology and problem solving skills and patience, anger management, online fraud detection, hardware market ...... 

• Upvote 2

Ahmet Can

2.60 worked amazing for me, thanks Matt for supporting the Simulation Community as well as we Pilots who use it for studying (and off course hobbie). 

40 minutes ago, GSalden said:

This should be pinned somewhere. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Just tried it with Preset provided by Matt, looks good, choices, choices so many good presets about, stick with Matts, for now, looks pretty good mate, cheers.

3 hours ago, MattDavies said:

When you buy PTA from Simmarket, we automatically create an account for you on the Simtweaks website. You can log in to the Simtweaks website using your simmarket email address and your PTA key as the password.

Matt

So I have to say sorry about saying before what's about not been able to downlad the new PTA cause I got it from simmarket. Thanks a lot for your support and your intelligent service throught your site. 

Downloading now 2.60 with my mail account in simmarket and my PTA key.

Great Job!

Richard

Hi! Not sure if I should post this issue here - I installed the 2.6 version and I keep having these reports:

ERROR: shader file G:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file G:\P3Dv4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

I've unninstalled P3D's v4.1 content and reinstalled it twice with no results. Also tried reinstalling the client module. Should I be installing the scenery module?

Thank you : )

Rui

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.