Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA v2.60 Released (P3D v4.1 Compatibility & New Features)

10 minutes ago, tremor595 said:

Jack, in this case I also would give the ball to the devs or to the time... 

But what still counts, try if it works on your computer, if not... Acronis, or in my case Macrium, is our friend.

Thanks, then I'll just wait till I get a definite reply about that particular preset.

Jack Sawyer

55 minutes ago, costamesa said:

ERROR: shader file C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

What to do? I have deleted the relevant folders and run p3d to let it create the files again but still getting this messages.

Thanks.

You can either uninstall and reinstall the client OR delete the ShadersHLSL folder and do a repair install to replace them. They will not be replaced by just running p3d.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

10 hours ago, Mejjo said:

Hi all

Firstly thank you for the updated version Matt.

I've applied the preset i was using with the previous version but i'm getting this error: ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 3] : the desired block is not found
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above.

It says the preset has been applied but with the errors, Does that mean it won't work? Or it this just because of the new features that have been added? 

Same problem here...

Gerard Cabezón
Check my Youtube's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardius

48 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

You can either uninstall and reinstall the client OR delete the ShadersHLSL folder and do a repair install to replace them. They will not be replaced by just running p3d.

Vic

Thank you, Vic. This solved my two shader file problems. Uninstalled client. Rebooted. Reinstalled client. Rebooted. Ran P3D. Exited. Ran PTA. No red error messages this time. 

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

11 hours ago, MattDavies said:

What isn't fun is being blamed when it's nothing to do with us. Simmarket has the files, it just takes them a year to update things. However, we've made it so that when you buy from Simmarket, we create you an account automatically on the Simtweaks website - you can login with your Simmarket email and your PTA serial as the password - then you're free to download the latest version.

Hello Matt,

Do I have to return everything back to default before installing 2.60?

Thank you,

Bob

I'm not Matt, but yes restore original shaders  using PTA, then you can delete old version and install 2.60

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

PTA 2.60 Great product.

Just one thing: I downloaded it yesterday, all worked fine, then in the evening it was showing as version 2.52.

I was told to repair my client folder and retry. I even uninstalled and reinstalled client.

Did that, 2.60 showed up...yipppeeee...but my product key isnt working now.....

Any ideas anyone???

10 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Vic

Thanks! Repair worked.

Ahmet Can

Hi, this may have been asked before so my apologies, but have you Matt ever posted your P3D graphic settings, those that you set within the simulator? 

I would be interested to have a base point of where I should have saturation, bloom, AA etc so that the PTA renders look as realistic as your shots, then I can tweak from there.

1 hour ago, 9GTurn said:

Hi, this may have been asked before so my apologies, but have you Matt ever posted your P3D graphic settings, those that you set within the simulator? 

I would be interested to have a base point of where I should have saturation, bloom, AA etc so that the PTA renders look as realistic as your shots, then I can tweak from there.

My P3D cfg is here: https://pastebin.com/w7ygFead

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Hi MattDavies, how are you? Do you use nvidia inspector? If so, can you pass it on to us?
Thank you...

📺 SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL 📺

📸 FOLLOW OUR INSTAGRAM. 📸

I7 5960x @4.3ghz // Asus Rampage V Extreme/U3.1  //  Corsair DDR4 Dominator Platinum 16gb 3000mhz 4 X 4gb  //  EVGA GTX980ti  //  Raid0 = 2xSSD 1tb Samsung + SSD 500gb Samsung  //  ASUS Gaming Monitor PG278Q 27"  //  Corsair 900d Full Tower  //  Full watercooler XSPC cpu e vga block.

Hi gents! I have problem with terrain lighting tweak - it has no effort. 

Look at this screenshot: 
RnQpPwWj.jpg

It have been taken with this numbers:
RnQpPwWk.jpg

And now let`s check how it will looks with 3.0-3.5 numbers for lighting:
RnQpPwWl.jpg

It looks absolutely the same way:

RnQpPwWg.jpg

PTA 2.60, P3D 4.1. Any chances? Roman.

UPD: It`s okay! URP made the mess.

MY P3d V4.1 is highly customized with alot of updates, addons, URP, PTA, ORBX, all of it!  MY cfg is also tweaked for just the right amount of performance and the xml files too! What is affected by uninstalling and reinstalling the client 4.1?  It scares me to death to think what would happen to lose months of troubleshooting and and testing that it took to get me where I am now. What files should I backup first.  The shaders files I know will go back to defaults but what else will?   In my humble opinion, the developer should think about configuring the files that are already there and not make people restore their defaults. It seems like a lot to ask of your customers. . . can someone provide a download of the default 4.1 shaders to help people out?

1 minute ago, Mark Niebauer said:

MY P3d V4.1 is highly customized with alot of updates, addons, URP, PTA, ORBX, all of it!  MY cfg is also tweaked for just the right amount of performance and the xml files too! What is affected by uninstalling and reinstalling the client 4.1?  It scares me to death to think what would happen to lose months of troubleshooting and and testing that it took to get me where I am now. What files should I backup first.  The shaders files I know will go back to defaults but what else will?   In my humble opinion, the developer should think about configuring the files that are already there and not make people restore their defaults. It seems like a lot to ask of your customers. . . can someone provide a download of the default 4.1 shaders to help people out?

Have you considered Acronis backup?  I use it before I make even the slightest changes to the sim.  This way if something goes south I can restore the entire PC in 30 minutes, registry included.

Jack Sawyer

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.