Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA v2.60 Released (P3D v4.1 Compatibility & New Features)

18 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Have you considered Acronis backup?  I use it before I make even the slightest changes to the sim.  This way if something goes south I can restore the entire PC in 30 minutes, registry included.

Yes, I am a veteran IT tech of over 20 years. I build my own computers and set them up. I have backups, This still doesn't hold the developer accountable.  Are you just a user of Acronis or a retailer for them?

6 minutes ago, Mark Niebauer said:

Yes, I am a veteran IT tech of over 20 years. I build my own computers and set them up. I have backups, This still doesn't hold the developer accountable.  Are you just a user of Acronis or a retailer for them?

Just a user, sorry, it came preinstalled on my Jetline PC.  I was just trying to help.  

Jack Sawyer

9 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Just a user, sorry, it came preinstalled on my Jetline PC.  I was just trying to help.  

I understand. Everyone has their favorite utility they are used to. I think if I have to do a reinstall, I am going to backup the entire p3d folder and the users hidden folders first. At least that would get me the default shaders for PTA.  ridiculous to have to do that though. I will make them available for others to use in the future in a download if I have to do this. . . Just the right thing to do if the developer is not going to help with the issue except make people restore their defaults. So many developers seem to have no business sense in the flight sim world I don't know why?

Hi Matt

I have just purchased PTA and I am using your presets which are great. I use chaseplane and when moving from the sun into shade (EGBB UK 2000 ) all the scenery is in shade. Is this correct or is it something to do with my pc settings

Hello, I just upgraded P3D from 4.1 to 4.3.  When I run PTA it tells me it's old and I have outdated shaders in backups.

So I downloaded 2.62 and am planning on installing it now but is there anything I should do before I install it?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

Yes it is: First start p3d v4.3, then end it. After that you can configure PTA. Hope it solves Your problem!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odaber said:

Yes it is: First start p3d v4.3, then end it. After that you can configure PTA. Hope it solves Your problem!

Thanks!  It worked perfectly.  I appreciate your help.

Jack Sawyer

I keep getting the same error "I/O Error 103" pooping up when I try to exit PTA.

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

CPU: i7 13700k 3.4ghz MB: MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb RAM:CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz OS: Windows 11 Pro (23H2) SIM VERSION: Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.10 MONITOR(S): LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

Still getting I/O Error 103 most of the time when exiting PTA, is there a known solution for this?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.