Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

RW PIREP - Mooney M20R

On 10/13/2017 at 7:52 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

So have the bugs been worked out on this (seemed like a long punch list) or is this one I should skip ?

Looking at this also. Can current owners provide some feedback?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I refer to this RW PIREP every time I fly the M20. As I mentioned in the other thread, many of the bugs have been/are planned to be resolved.

This is one of my all time favorite Alabeo models, definitely worth the buy!

• Upvote 1

Agreed, the Ovation 2 is certainly better than the standard Carabeo offering.  Not a lot wrong with it... mostly a lack of documentation.  That's easily resolved by doing a simple web search.

Greg

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the PIREPS - I'll move this over to the "to buy" column...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Be sure to PM Tim about his fix for the missing decimal point in the Moritz MAP gauge.

Then have some (fast) fun with your new M20R!!

Greg

1 hour ago, lownslo said:

Be sure to PM Tim about his fix for the missing decimal point in the Moritz MAP gauge.

Then have some (fast) fun with your new M20R!!

Greg

I've tried my hardest to get this to work! He provided me the update, I dropped the folder in to the panel folder of the LITE and Regular version and was not able to get it to work! I even tried a vanilla install. I'm convinced his mod only works with FSX, but I could be wrong. P3DV4 here...

Edit: Was able to get it to work. Unpacked the GAUGE_M20R.cab file in the P3D Guages folder, dropped Tim's updated XML file to GUAGE_M20R, renamed the existing GAUGE_M20R.cab to GAUGE_M20R_BACKUP.cab and voila! 

11 hours ago, austindk said:

Edit: Was able to get it to work. Unpacked the GAUGE_M20R.cab file in the P3D Guages folder, dropped Tim's updated XML file to GUAGE_M20R, renamed the existing GAUGE_M20R.cab to GAUGE_M20R_BACKUP.cab and voila! 

Please help me here to better understand how to "Unpack" the mentioned cab file.

--I made a copy of the above mentioned cab file from the P3D gauge folder and placed the copied cab file in its own file folder. Do I "unzip" the contents of this copied cab file into its own subfolder folder and then drop Tim's updated XML file into that subfolder? If so, then

--How do I put all the contents of this cab file back into its original state? Pardon me if I am missing something simple here.

Thanks!

Try this:

1. Create a new folder on your desktop and call it Gauge_M20R

2. Drop the replacement gauge xml file into this folder

3. Drop the new folder into the Prepar3D\Gauges folder (as a subfolder)

4. Go fly!

If you do not like the outcome, delete the new folder.

No need to unpack, rename, repack, etc

Bert

Thanks Bert for the helpful tip--it worked.

Also, again, thanks to Tim for providing this decimal point fix for us to enjoy.