So, we will have to wait for news of the new options that are to come, the quality they offer as well as the guarantee.

Tomorrow will be a good day to start getting good news.

Tomorrow is a great day for Flight Simulator enthusiasts. 

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread (too late in the evening to read back through) but you can buy a Thrustmaster T-16000M joystick (which uses hall effect sensors) for about £45 in the UK so the sensors and the associated electronics board can't be that expensive. This is a real missed opportunity for Honeycomb.

Edited by vortex681
  • Upvote 2

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:38 PM, NismoRR said:

Here's the Thrustmaster info I just got in an email.

Thrustmaster is proud to be a Gold Sponsor of FlightSimExpo!

As 1,000 of the most loyal members of the flight sim community prepare to take flight into Las Vegas for the inaugural Flight Sim Expo, Thrustmaster is also gearing up for what will be what may be its most exciting year ever for flight simmers.

In the next week, Thrustmaster will announce three new flight products designed for the elite sim gamer. One of which will be a total game-changer for simmers looking to recreate an accurate in-home cockpit experience. And attendees of FlightSimExpo will have a global exclusive first chance to try it for themselves! 

Thrustmaster hardware will be demonstrated at the following booths:

Aerosoft (Booth 504): The Hotas Warthog and an exclusive chance to try our brand-new elite flight hardware.

X-Plane (Booth 501) and MilViz (Booth 307): T-16000 Hotas

Watch for an extra chance to win your own Thrustmaster gear from FlightSimExpo!

This event is the first stop on Thrustmaster’s Summer of Flight. We’re thrilled that FlightSimExpo will be the first stop. Follow the official Thrustmaster social network for more hardware details the week before the event. Happy flying!

Hi Nismo,

Are you aware if Thrustmaster actually announced / demonstrated at FS Expo any new flight sim products as they indicated in the email you received?

Thank you.

6 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

I saw these guys at the Expo and liked what I saw, now just waiting to read a review on this yoke.

https://www.flightsim-diagma.com/

As this is the Honeycomb thread maybe a separate topic?

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 6/4/2018 at 11:34 PM, NismoRR said:

Hey Gabe, I agree with you 100,000%. I have no idea of the stubbornness to stay at the $200 price point. I am dying to spend double that, $400 or so for a decent quality yoke. I also race on the computer and Thrustmaster makes great, heavy duty, force feedback wheels for $450, and they're very good. I mention this because I just got an email about the upcoming Flight Sim Expo here in Vegas this weekend, where Thrustmaster announced "Three new flight products designed for the elite sim gamer." The new hardware will be demonstrated at the Expo. I am hopeful that a yoke will be part of their new flight hardware. Stay tuned.

As far as Fly Honeycomb, and following this thread since October, I've concluded they are a "Shlock operation," and I highly doubt I would purchase any of their products. 

Yup. Agreed.

Daftest decision is to make Aerosoft the sole distributer.

No discounts, flash sales, loss leaders.... fixed and inflated prices for ever.

I bought a G29 from Amazon a few weeks ago - preferred the pedals to the T300 - half the RRP.... 140 quid.

If Aerosoft are the SOLE distributer, this will never happen.

8 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

I saw these guys at the Expo and liked what I saw, now just waiting to read a review on this yoke.

https://www.flightsim-diagma.com/

Did you actually touch a working version.... or a 3D printed plastic facsimile ?

If you did, you are the first.

In my house, I often feel like a plastic facsimile.... I have nothing against them, in principle, but if this comes to market before Crimbo, I'll buy three, and raffle 2 off for charity !

(Of course it will be the "Unloved Plastic Facsimile" charity... or maybe the "I may as well BE a plastic facsimile" charity !)

Edited by Gabe777

On 6/14/2018 at 9:28 PM, hitter439 said:

Hi Nismo,

Are you aware if Thrustmaster actually announced / demonstrated at FS Expo any new flight sim products as they indicated in the email you received?

Thank you.

Thrustmaster did announce a couple of new products including a good looking set of rudder pedals for ~$400 and a new gaming headset. Unfortunately nothing mentioned about a yoke.

On 6/15/2018 at 12:02 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

As this is the Honeycomb thread maybe a separate topic?

It's slipping away from you Ray..:smile:

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Did these guys show up at FlightSimExpo Las Vegas?  I see a recap on the main page here but no mention of Honeycomb.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

51 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Did these guys show up at FlightSimExpo Las Vegas?

Nope, I was hoping but they didn't make it!

Martin

7 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Lol. Clearly their 3D printer was out of order.

I would rather not see posts like this.  Not productive in any way. OK?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere