OK ?

What does that even mean ?

Oh yeah.... we're on Avsim.... No negative comments allowed.

Forgot.

OK ?

Edited by Gabe777

17 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

OK ?

What does that even mean ?

Oh yeah.... we're on Avsim.... No negative comments allowed.

Forgot.

OK ?

Of course criticism is allowed but it should be constructive criticism. There is a difference between that and sarcasm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Of course criticism is allowed but it should be constructive criticism. There is a difference between that and sarcasm.

+1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

There was a further update on the Honeycomb yoke / throttle overnight on Facebook.

Finally we have an update for you.
Testing and confirming that the changes didn't affect performance have taken way longer than expected, but it has been completed.
We have performed tests over the last month to ensure that the cost cutting exercise didn't change feel, durability or realism in any measurable way.
Preproduction samples will be available to test at Aerosofts booth at GamesCom in Germany in August. Even though they aren't mass production units, we'll let the public abuse them to their fullest extend to measure any fatigue at extreme exposure. Then we'll tool and go into mass production.
Pilot production will be done in December with an initial production of 200 units.
The pilot production will only be able to be ordered through our website (details to be announced here).
Anyone who gets a pilot production unit will get my personal mobile number and can call me will any technical or performance issues and discuss solutions with me in person.
Anyone who gets a pilot production unit and doesn't feel it lives up to their expectations, will be able to replace it free of charge with a mass production unit.
We're getting close but we're not there yet. Please have a little more patience because we started this company because the community deserves an affordable product with excellent performance and we won't launch till we have it. Soon you will, that is my promise.

In response to my question they also posted this...

we will have a pre-production run of about 30 units as well where sim-pros (Aerosoft staff and a industry professionals) will get hands on testing before off tooling production.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well that seems like some progress and good news. Thanks for the info, Ray.

Al

Edited by ark

Cheers ark. Not ideal news but at least some.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Finally we hear some news of them, for the moment I have lost the hope of being able to put my hands in the near future to some of these products. Meanwhile, I have decided to acquire a 737 yoke replica, and I would be waiting for their Bravo throttle Quadrant.

Thank you for the update and recent news, personally I have no account on Facebook.

Sadly, as there's not even a mention of the throttle quadrant (I'm not interested in the yoke), my money's going on a FFB racing wheel and I'll just stick with my Saitek throttle - life's too short! I don't know anything about prototype production but this seems to be taking a very, very long time. I would have thought that with industrial 3D printers this could be done in hours rather than months. The fact that the specifications are being gradually dumbed down doesn't give me a lot of confidence that the production products (if they ever emerge) will match the original hype.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

Sadly, as there's not even a mention of the throttle quadrant (I'm not interested in the yoke), my money's going on a FFB racing wheel and I'll just stick with my Saitek throttle - life's too short! I don't know anything about prototype production but this seems to be taking a very, very long time. I would have thought that with industrial 3D printers this could be done in hours rather than months. The fact that the specifications are being gradually dumbed down doesn't give me a lot of confidence that the production products (if they ever emerge) will match the original hype.

They did mention the throttle in another reply that I didn't post here. Its production is straight-forward and will be released at the same time as the yoke. I must admit to a certain astonishment they are holding it back because there must be people like yourself who only want the throttle. That would provide some income for them too.

Unless there's some type of discount for both I don't understand why they don't press ahead. Maybe as they're new to the business they are treading carefully. Frustrating but better perhaps than charging in like a bull and messing things up. :wink:

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Like many of you I am also waiting to see how the Throttle Quadrant evolves. As good as the TQ looks I am concerned about the switch placement in front of the throttle. If you have them full forward it doesn’t look like you’ll be able to actuate them. I asked the question on the FB page but they seem more concerned over rocker switch placement on the yoke and throttle questions pretty much go unanswered. 

If someone has a link to more detailed TQ information besides the standard press release that would be helpful.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

My budget has now gone so they've missed the boat for me.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm very interested in the throttle after much nursing and babying my saitek it's finally died when spilled water straight into the slots. I'm thinking If they released the throttle now and it was a hit there would be big interest in the yoke. 

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

I bought two new Saitek (now Logitech) TQs a couple of months ago as I was fed up with the spiking. My yoke is still okay.

I'm going to the Lelylad show in November where many hardware builders show off their kit. It's an ideal time to have a play with serious kit which isn't possible just on web sites.

I'll keep my options open for now but the delay of over a year is very disappointing especially when the throttle could be released earlier. I'll mention that on the FB page but whether it's read is debatable.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

From FB

Product dimensions for Alpha Flight Controls. The dimensions include the detachable mounting plate for instrument panels. 

https://imgur.com/TELbWFu

Polo

Edited by polosim