The video gives the impression that there is a problem with the Bodnar board. But that board is a quality item and has a good reputation. The Yoko yoke uses or used the same Bodnar board, as far as I know. I also used the same board to make a yoke , using all the analog and digital channels, without any problems.

There is another thread in this forum, where it is reported that Diagma is changing the internal design of the yoke. So, in my opinion, the yoke was released too early, but don't write it off yet. We also still have to see how the Fulcrum will turn out.

Edit2: at 10:45, you can see a detail of the Bodnar board. Diagma uses a version of the board without connectors, and then add their own USB connector. That might explain how badly the USB cable attaches to it. My own experience of the Bodnar board with original USB Bodnar supplied connector attached, is that the USB cable attaches very well to it, not being loose at all. 

Edited by oemlegoem

FlyHirundo Rudder Pedal and Yoke
Designed and manufactured in Switzerland

Email: info@flyhirundo.com

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

For these yokes that have few buttons what do you use for the various commands P3D needs? As much as the Saitek is bargain basement quality it does a decent job of getting most aspects right.

Well personally I have all my own buttons and switches (about 200 of them) connected to a bunch of Leo Bodnar boards.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Mark, do you have a home cockpit by any chance?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Mark, do you have a home cockpit by any chance?

Ray have a look at Almost Aviation  on you tube

Brian

20 minutes ago, byronp said:

Ray have a look at Almost Aviation  on you tube

Brian

Crikey! That is a serious setup and explains why Mark has so many buttons to program.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have 6 Bodnar boards, and have never had a problem with the USB connectors. They are very good, do the job they were designed to do, and great value for the price.

• Like 1

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

4 hours ago, Freo said:

I have 6 Bodnar boards, and have never had a problem with the USB connectors. They are very good, do the job they were designed to do, and great value for the price.

Yes, that guy's comments about the 'cheap bluetooth USB interface' (and most of the other stuff) are way off-target. Obviously the yokes he received were barely more than prototypes, but he tells us little of use beyond that.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

. Honeycomb announce that they would be attending and demonstrating their products at the following simulation expos and conferences:

• Sun N Fun (Lakeland, FL – April 2nd – 7th)
  • Aero Friedrichhafen (Friedrichhafen, DE – (April 10th – 13th)
  • FlightSimExpo (Orlando, FL – June 7th – 9th)
  • Airventure (Oshkosh, WI – July 22nd – 28th)
  • FS Weekend (Lelystad, NL – Dates to be confirmed)

Previews of the Upcoming Honeycomb Aeronautical Throttle Sets

honeycomb-aero-throttle-set-2.jpg

honeycomb-aero-throttle-set-5.jpg

looking good, no doubt about it. 

Courtesy by Calum Martin

Edited by polosim
Greetings to original uploader

In looking at the pictures above, is the expectation that the rocker switches below the AP panel would normally only be used on the ground when the throttles are retarded, or perhaps used only infrequently in flight? Unless it is just the angle of the pictures, it seems it would be somewhat inconvenient to operate those switches at cruise when the throttles are advanced as in the pictures.

Al

Edited by ark

Would be interesting to hear their logic with those switches. Regardless can live without them if this product gets off the ground (no pun :))

ZORAN

6 hours ago, zmak said:

Would be interesting to hear their logic with those switches. Regardless can live without them if this product gets off the ground (no pun :))

From looking at their pics on their FB post it seems to me this is only really a big issue with the airliner-style throttle levers, and then only because of those dummy reversers. Perhaps you can leave those off. With the GA levers the switches look more or less accessible. That said, the horizontal annunciator panel is also behind the levers, so it does look like a bit of a compromise.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

7 hours ago, MarkDH said:

airliner-style throttle levers, and then only because of those dummy reversers

From honeycomb.com FAQ

Are the thrust reversers functional?

Yes, but only in idle position.

1 hour ago, polosim said:

Are the thrust reversers functional?

Yes, but only in idle position.

Oh well, perhaps you shouldn't leave them off :)

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Didn't he also say somewhere in the comments that the switches were more accessible than they looked?  Sure I read that but there are hundreds of comments now so I'm not going through them all again!

Graham