4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@TechguyMaxC, ha ha! I'll assume you're an American unless you tell me to the contrary. :smile:

I've had a play with it and it's looking good. Still in beta though.

American by birth and residence, though I'm somewhat of an Anglophile.  The IT Crowd is one of my favorite shows, I also was introduced to Monty Python at the age of 12 and have been quoting the Holy Grail ever since.  Also, I am currently watching series 12 of Dr. Who (4th Doctor - 1st series) with my 5 year old son.  I've never visited merry old England though I would love to.  

I'm glad you had a chance to try the Fulcrum yoke and I hope it's out in time for me to purchase soon!

• Like 1

Are you serious - a 3 inch travel from front to back ? Isn't the Saitek 5 or 6 ?

The new  Fulcrum one from Lancashire is 8 inches.

Crikey. Sorry, but 3 inch travel seems ridiculous, especially when you factor in deadzone which will eventually be required when the pots they have used, start to become noisy.

Edited by Gabe777

13 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

Are you serious - a 3 inch travel from front to back ? Isn't the Saitek 5 or 6 ?

No, the Saitek yoke is about 3". The Yoko is 5.75". 

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

7 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

No the saitek is 3 inches in each direction.... I just measured it.

Well, I've been robbed - the total travel on mine, fully forward to fully back, is only about 9.5 cm (I've just measured it).

Incidentally, the Honeycomb yoke is reviewed in the latest (July/August 2019) issue of PC Pilot. The reviewer says the travel is 15 cm, which agrees with the 6 inches quoted on the website, so oemlegoem's figure of 8.5 cm comes as quite a disappointment.

I'm super interested in the throttle unit

Hmm These guys are local and down the street from me..........Wonder if I could just "drop in" ha

Edited by n19htmare

13 hours ago, Muklum said:

Well, I've been robbed - the total travel on mine, fully forward to fully back, is only about 9.5 cm (I've just measured it).

Incidentally, the Honeycomb yoke is reviewed in the latest (July/August 2019) issue of PC Pilot. The reviewer says the travel is 15 cm, which agrees with the 6 inches quoted on the website, so oemlegoem's figure of 8.5 cm comes as quite a disappointment.

Well that makes sense.

3 inches of travel all back to all forward woyld be absurd. A 360 controller stick has 2 inches.

With the Saitek you have to pull back quite hard holding the housing at the same time..... it loosens up. And then calibrate it ! Push hard in.

Measure the gap between the housing and the inner yoke centre at Full in, and full out. It may not be exactly 6, but it's closer to 6 than 3 !

5 or 6 is OK. Whomever said the Honeycomb was 3, was referring to "in each direction".... clearly a miscombobulation is occurring!

Yes seems my tendency to exaggerate length has gotten the better of me...  again !

I have nearly 2 in each direction. Seems a lot more.

My bad.

Edited by Gabe777

Update from HoneyComb:

Honeycomb Aeronautical Hey Guys,
We really do apologize for the delay as our websites backend is having some major issues and we are working to fix this ASAP. We will announce preorders for the Alpha Flight Controls within the next few weeks dependent on how fast we resolve the website issue.The pre-order delay will not affect yoke shipment date. we really appreciate your support and patience as we are moving as fast as we can without compromising quality.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Always hopeful for new products but good lord, these guys look like a 2 year long train wreck. I feel sorry for them but they have a very large hole to climb out of with this release.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

For anyone interested Honeycomb Aeronautical will be in attendance at the RAF Cosford 2-day flight sim show on 5-6 October 2019.

http://www.flightsimshow.com/?fbclid=IwAR3tPPpttrfbu2VpvVz2fC3yAcV0QiGPFZ2PU3U8omNRFnMODqjjj3zizYg

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Does anyone know if the pre-order stage for the Honeycomb yoke has expired? The website shows the yoke at the pre-order price I didn't find a method to pre-order on the Honeycomb website. I sent an email to the contact email seeking clarification but have not received a response. Thanks in advance for any information!

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

50 minutes ago, BigG433 said:

Does anyone know if the pre-order stage for the Honeycomb yoke has expired? The website shows the yoke at the pre-order price I didn't find a method to pre-order on the Honeycomb website. I sent an email to the contact email seeking clarification but have not received a response. Thanks in advance for any information!

They have been posting updates on their FaceBook page. Last word from July 24 was; 

While we've had some issues getting the web store up and running, the production is still on schedule and pre-orders will ship towards the end of August. Expect the pre-order site to go live later this week. We'll post an update here as well as send out a newsletter once it goes live.

For European pre-orders please visit Aerosoft https://www.aerosoft.com/en/honeycomb/

U.S preorders is supposed to be later this week according to the last post but I'm not holding my breath. Pre-orders were suppose to happen right after the Expo but they keep having site issues from all the post. Not sure what is really going on with them. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Any update on the throttle quadrant?  Displaying at Cosford is all very well so far as it goes.....

Could the delay have anything to do with the upcoming MS Flight Simulator and compatibility? 

Supporter.png

John