Sign in to follow this  
branks737

Directional Lighting 3 error

Hi,

I just upgraded to v2.60 but now I get this error "ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 3] : the desired block is not found Preset has been applied with errors. See log above"

It doesn't matter which preset I use I get the same error

Regards

Branko Markovic

There may be some small incompatibility issues that we've missed. Can you try the preset that I included with the download and tell me if it works?

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Matt your 1.3 preset works. It seems that others I have obtained from the Mega preset thread get that error that I mentioned.

So looks like the old preset isn't compatible?

Perhaps the best way take Matt's preset and after this modify it.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I'm also seeing this error using the PTAbsolute preset.

If I disable the offending custom tweak (cloud directional lighting 3) it installs without error but then I have no clouds in the sim at all.

It only works properly by disabling all custom cloud tweaks.

Greg Wills

sfo_a320.png

EASA Commercial Pilot License | Multi Engine / Instrument Rating | Flight Instructor | ATPL Theoretical Knowledge Instructor

18 minutes ago, PilotGW said:

I'm also seeing this error using the PTAbsolute preset.

If I disable the offending custom tweak (cloud directional lighting 3) it installs without error but then I have no clouds in the sim at all.

It only works properly by disabling all custom cloud tweaks.

Ah, that's what happened to my clouds then. Thought it was suspiciously sunny over the UK earlier!! :D

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

No clouds = not compatible

The PTAbsolute preset has to be modified to have it working.

Mat’s , Adam’s latest and my new preset are fully compatible.

regards

Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

6 minutes ago, GSalden said:

regards

Gerard

I should hire you and Adam to deal with the spam of support requests I am obliged to deal with - you seem to get to people quicker than me :D

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

regards

Gerard

Hi Gerard, this is the only preset I want to use, so how would I make it compatible?  I'm by no means conversant in PTA speak, I just like to install the preset and go.  All I did was change two settings for cloud shadows, all I'm capable of learning so far.

I've tried them all and I like this one the best.

I'm curious as to why some will run and others will not.

Jack Sawyer

I have the same problem.... I have tested with the REX presets and the same issue occurs... Zero clouds.

Andrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Try Mat’s , Adam’s or one of mine as a start.

To make things compatible you manually need to modify ini files and if you have it working you will not have the new features that Matt included.

I am using EnvTex too + ASP4 + ASCA .

Here my latest incl post processing and the new features :

Nice%20Dusk%20-%20P3Dv41.jpg

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

15 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi Gerard, this is the only preset I want to use, so how would I make it compatible?  I'm by no means conversant in PTA speak, I just like to install the preset and go.  All I did was change two settings for cloud shadows, all I'm capable of learning so far.

I've tried them all and I like this one the best.

I'm curious as to why some will run and others will not.

5 hours ago, AndrewB said:

I have the same problem.... I have tested with the REX presets and the same issue occurs... Zero clouds.

Andrew

On 24.08.2017 at 11:32 PM, _Patrol said:

PTA -> Miscellaneous -> custom tweaks

uncheck "Clouds directional lighting 1" /2 and 3

click "preset" -> save

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.