Sign in to follow this  
gregda

ENVSHADE announced

14 hours ago, B777ER said:

Really really curious how this is compared to PTA. I know with PTA I could set it up so the haze, especially during the summer months was very realistic. As well, I could have the nights dark like they are supposed to be unlike how the default looks. I have Envtex and will be waiting to see some reviews on this....

That interests me, I stayed out of PTA but you can do that, make it more hazy? How do you do that?

Sounds really amazing!
Product page here

For €5?! Seriously... That's incredibly cheap!

Soon available on simmarket for 5€
Special offer will be available for Envtex users

Don't know what 'special offer' is - they can hardly cut anything from the €5 which makes sense... :biggrin:

Can't wait!

Thanks to the OP for bringing this up.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Sounds really nice

----------------------------------------------------------------

This feature list is still being built and may be adjusted (for the best of course!)

2 supported simulators

• Prepar3D v4
  • Prepar3D v3

Friendly user interface

• Full integration in the new common user interface for a quick access to all your TOGA products

Atmosphere

• Atmosphere scattering
  • Low horizon haze effect

Sky

• Saturation depends on altitude and weather

Clouds

• Shadows effectiveness adjusted
  • Brightness variating with weather, time of day, sun and moonlight
  • Saturation variates with weather and power of sunlight
  • Directionnal sun lighting corrected in P3Dv4

Water

• Saturation depends on weather
  • Reflection variates with altitude
  • Waves size depends on altitude and weather (for non ultra water settings)

Terrain & autogen

• Shadows effectiveness adjusted
  • Saturation depends on weather
  • Brightness variating with sun and moonlight adjusted

Lights

• Adjusted night lights brightness
  • Smooth day/night transition
  • Brightness and visibility variate with altitude

Aircraft

• Internal brightness variating with sun and moonlight adjusted
  • External brightness variating with sun and moonlight adjusted

HDR enhancements

• Eye's adaptation to brightness adjusted
  • Adaptative Bloom, effectiveness variates with time of day
  • Realistic night brightness with soft day/night transitions
  • Adjusted contrast
  • Adaptative contrast

Several presets available

• Performance preset for a smooth experience without any impact on fps
  • High quality preset for outstanding screenshots but with a cost on performances

----------------------------------------------------------------

Again... very nice.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

It will be like a PTA Light.

Btw : PTA already has Dynamic changes , where settings change depending on time of day or preciptation Yes/No etc

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

15 minutes ago, GSalden said:

It will be like a PTA Light.

Btw : PTA already has Dynamic changes , where settings change depending on time of day or preciptation Yes/No etc

Does it?! 
Never noticed that, I must admit... 

If that's the case, then why is it neccessary to make different presets for night and day?

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Directional sun lighting corrected in P3Dv4

Anyone know what v4 bug this refers to?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

36 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Does it?! 
Never noticed that, I must admit... 

If that's the case, then why is it neccessary to make different presets for night and day?

That's a very good question.

IMO, the problem finding a preset that works for you regardless of time of the day or current weather seems to be the biggest issue for most people using the currently available add-ons for shaders.

Richard Åsberg

36 minutes ago, gboz said:

Anyone know what v4 bug this refers to?

gb.

That one caught my eye too.

Imagine if it had anything to do with how the sun currently will make things cast shadows even on an overcast day and this will sort that sub-par design.

Richard Åsberg

Hello guys,

Thank you very much for your interest in Envshade !
I'm sorry to read that some of you doubt of our honesty about the "dynamic" shaders. We wouldn't announce that if it was not the case.

To clear up things, yes Envshade will be similar to PTA, simply because it's also there to tweak your shaders, however, if similar tweaks are included, we also have some tweaks that PTA doesn't have, or at least it does it differently. I don't really consider it as a real PTA competitor because it also have a fully different philosophy, if you like "click & use" products, then this is definitely for you, if you prefer to customize everything by yourself then you should look at PTA.

About hiding our code, yes this is also the purpose of this product, and this is why I added this comment on our facebook page because someone (a troll probably) suggested we were not right to sell our products, why would we be less rightful to sell our work than other developers? 
There is nothing we want to hide to the community, all developers do their best to hide their work to other's eyes, that's part of any business. This doesn't mean we are not opened to work with other developers and that we will take your money by selling you something you already have.

Envtex was created because I felt, myself as a simmer, that the other offers on the market were not fully giving satisfaction. I had the same thoughts about PTA, some users simply don't want to tweak everything themselves and/or download tons of preset to find the good one.

Envshade started by PTAbsolute, during this summer we worked at creating an advanced preset for PTA, at this stage we started to think about an alternative to PTA, considering how advanced was our preset and what happened with some preset creators and REX (but I'd like to insist it was not their fault and things were solved during gentlemen's discussion). In a nutshell, someone created a preset using our work which included some custom tweaks developped from scratch without any credits, then REX asked them to use their preset and they accepted, making our work being used by our main competitor to promote their product. That's now solved and REX kindly added us to their credit files, we didn't feel fair to ask them to put this tweak out now that they were already using it. Shaders tweaks are practically not owned by Matt, me or anyone but Lockheed Martin. PTA or Envshade just plays with existing simulator variables, and if it was possible, only one guy could really own it : Predrag Drobac who has initiated shader tweaks with Realism shaders pack some months/years ago. The base tweaks used by PTA and Envshade are still the same (and don't worry Predrag knows that).

Thus, considering how unrespectful some people can be and the consequences, we decided to keep working on a standalone product, we kept enhancing it and we now have something very advanced. As PTA doesn't offer any protection for us, preset creators. we don't think it's absolutely fair that other developers can freely use tweaks we made with hard work to make money with it or enhance their reputation using our own work and without a "thanks" (I am not a coder initially but a long-time texturer and a beginner in modeling, coding is absolutely new to me, fortunately we have a coder in the team who can help but still, developping Envshade was not easy).

Is it completely different from PTA in the results? No there are many similarities, but you won't have to tweak anything, the compatibility with Envtex is optimal, transitions will be much smoother, many many things will adapt by themselves depending on environment variables that are available in shaders data as explained on the website.

Envshade also required some user interface development which can be very costly, we thought it would be fair to sell our product with a low price in order to:

• Bring something new with a different philoshophy from PTA (which is an absolutely great program and I will keep encouraging Matt Davies to develop it, I am fully willing to work with his team if there is any point to do this)
  • Bring very advanced tweaks adjustements and a few new tweaks
  • Get the money from UI development back
  • Better protect our adjustments & new tweaks

Be sure we, at TOGA, will always be fair with the community and we will always be willing to tell you why we decide this or this, I'm a long-time FS user who is not only a developer but also a user who buy his products like everyone, and as a user I don't like to feel fooled either.

Hope this answers correctly your questions and doubts,

(Sorry for the looong post and possible spelling errors I wouldn't have seen)

• Upvote 10

Maxime
TOGA projects

KMAX59. Thanks for the explanation with which I completely agree.  Please bring your product to market as soon as.  I am waiting to purchase :)

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

10 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

Thus, considering how unrespectful some people can be and the consequences, we decided to keep working on a standalone product

So glad you did. Sorry to hear about so much negativity. I for one have no issues with your integity and support you as one of the top developers who I hold in the highest regard. Look forward to using the new shader app.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

What an excellent and transparent post Maxime!!

I wish more developers shared your view on these things.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

2 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Please bring your product to market as soon as.  I am waiting to purchase :)

So am I and it would be nice to know what soon means in the available on SimMarket context :happy:

Richard Åsberg

You guys are some of the best devs around Maxime. 

• Upvote 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Click and go sounds good to me, I like things simple:blink:

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.