GSalden

PTA2 for P3Dv4 : Custom Presets thread

I just tried your preset Gerard, since the latest iteration of Thopat is rendering the terrain much too dark.

I have to say I'm mightily impressed. I will probably just switch off the extended cloud shadows, the rest is pretty much perfect so far.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

6 hours ago, Farlis said:

I just tried your preset Gerard, since the latest iteration of Thopat is rendering the terrain much too dark.

I have to say I'm mightily impressed. I will probably just switch off the extended cloud shadows, the rest is pretty much perfect so far.

Thank you for your kind words. Happy flying ...

regards, Gerard

Gerard,

Loving version V4, the textures are fantastic, I've tried most Presets that are about, and had different Presets for Different Countries.

But having just flown with your Version 4, in New Zealand out of Dunedin and Australia out of Jandakot, I've got to say that this is right on the mark.

I'm using three, Curved ROG STRIX 27" Monitors at 144htz, with a 1080TI GPU and a i7-7700K at 4.6OC, 32Gig of RAM, and it just looks terrific.

Cheers Buddy

Brian

BJ from OZ

4 hours ago, baxterbj said:

Gerard,

Loving version V4, the textures are fantastic, I've tried most Presets that are about, and had different Presets for Different Countries.

But having just flown with your Version 4, in New Zealand out of Dunedin and Australia out of Jandakot, I've got to say that this is right on the mark.

I'm using three, Curved ROG STRIX 27" Monitors at 144htz, with a 1080TI GPU and a i7-7700K at 4.6OC, 32Gig of RAM, and it just looks terrific.

Cheers Buddy

Brian

BJ from OZ

You really have a great setup there Brian. Surely you will enjoy it to the fullest.

regards, Gerard

Hi Gerard,

Excellent preset, really looks great! One issue I'm having is at Aersoft LHR, the terminal lighting (dynamic and HDR) is incredibly bright now. Is there a setting in your preset that is enhancing ground lighting?

Hi Gerard

Very nice preset indeed. I tried it yesterday on LEBL -> EDDM with the FSL Bus at sunset. 
I know P3D is cutting the fps almost by half at dawn and dusk but I had very low fps at night once it was completely dark. Especially when the moon was visible.
Do you have any settings or tweaks, which could affect the performance at night? Maybe it's ENVTEX not sure, since alway when I look directly to the sun or moon, my fps go down from a solid 30 to around 18... 
(i7 6700k @4.5 | 3200Mhz 16GB RAM | 1080Ti

Thanks in advance.

On 5-11-2017 at 8:43 PM, olibarke said:

Hi Gerard,

Excellent preset, really looks great! One issue I'm having is at Aersoft LHR, the terminal lighting (dynamic and HDR) is incredibly bright now. Is there a setting in your preset that is enhancing ground lighting?

Dynamic lichting is extremely bright ar Frankfurt and Heathrow.

You can set Bloom multiplier for Night at a lower value like 1.0 or even 0.8.

Than save the preset with a name , restore default shaders and then load the saved preset.

regards, Gerard

1 hour ago, onurair said:

Hi Gerard

Very nice preset indeed. I tried it yesterday on LEBL -> EDDM with the FSL Bus at sunset. 
I know P3D is cutting the fps almost by half at dawn and dusk but I had very low fps at night once it was completely dark. Especially when the moon was visible.
Do you have any settings or tweaks, which could affect the performance at night? Maybe it's ENVTEX not sure, since alway when I look directly to the sun or moon, my fps go down from a solid 30 to around 18... 
(i7 6700k @4.5 | 3200Mhz 16GB RAM | 1080Ti

Thanks in advance.

Did you try deleting your current p3d.cfg file ? And let P3D make a new one.

20 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Did you try deleting your current p3d.cfg file ? And let P3D make a new one.

Yes I did. More then once actually :) How are your settings when flying at dawn/dusk, since we have similar HW. 
I'm not sure if my 4k 30hz monitor is the culprit.. but the 1080Ti should cope with it I guess. ASCA Clouds and Envtex are set to DXT (512 - 1024) When ever I have clouds and additionally the sun or the moon is in sight, my frames are dropping to below 20 :( 
Btw. my AA settings are at 8xMSAA

4 hours ago, onurair said:

Yes I did. More then once actually :) How are your settings when flying at dawn/dusk, since we have similar HW. 
I'm not sure if my 4k 30hz monitor is the culprit.. but the 1080Ti should cope with it I guess. ASCA Clouds and Envtex are set to DXT (512 - 1024) When ever I have clouds and additionally the sun or the moon is in sight, my frames are dropping to below 20 :( 
Btw. my AA settings are at 8xMSAA

As you can see in my vids I have a triple view setup connected to a 1080 Ti.

I use 32 bit clouds + OC active in ASP4.

Dawn/Dusk are the same settings as daytime. And I use photoscenery + Nightenvironment.

I have a 6 core 5820K running at 4.3-4.4-4.3-4.3-4.3-4.3 GHz.

My AA settings are 8x SSAA.

regards, Gerard

Those clouds look normal. The darker clouds container precipitation. 

Also remember that we are in november so less light on them.

regards, Gerard

2 hours ago, penta_a said:

thanks Gerard for your hard work and sharing.

+1  I look for all of your improvements and have found your presets to be the most pleasing to me on my system.

Is anyone else having issues with some instruments not being lit up at night in the NGX with Gerard's preset? I like the preset, started using it yesterday, flap indicator is one of them that is entirely dark for me, I can see it just fine when the dome light is on. 

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Is anyone else having issues with some instruments not being lit up at night in the NGX with Gerard's preset? I like the preset, started using it yesterday, flap indicator is one of them that is entirely dark for me, I can see it just fine when the dome light is on. 

Let me look into this .

I do mot have a VC so I have to try with the FSX default 737 in P3D.

regards

Gerard

They all are being lit in my 739NGX PMDG, P3Dv4.1 using Gerard's latest preset.

Hans

Gsalden, Hi, how can I soften sky color between shades of blue, I mean from dark blue to light blue
I am using your PTA

777_ACA_TIJ.png

5 hours ago, alexcunille said:

Gsalden, Hi, how can I soften sky color between shades of blue, I mean from dark blue to light blue
I am using your PTA

777_ACA_TIJ.png

That depends on the skyset you are using. 

Did you try with my Visibility setting of 125 NM ?

In the preset description you can find my preferred settings.

regards, Gerard

Gerard,

Thanks again for another magnificent Preset, I've only been using your version 4, so am looking forward to what V5 brings.

I don't know how you can improve on perfection?

I just downloaded and am using the Terra Emergence Project, in conjunction with your PTA preset 4 it has the WOW factor, cant wait to try Preset V5.

Thanks in Anticipation.

Brian

BJ from OZ

4 hours ago, baxterbj said:

Gerard,

Thanks again for another magnificent Preset, I've only been using your version 4, so am looking forward to what V5 brings.

I don't know how you can improve on perfection?

I just downloaded and am using the Terra Emergence Project, in conjunction with your PTA preset 4 it has the WOW factor, cant wait to try Preset V5.

Thanks in Anticipation.

Brian

BJ from OZ

Thank you for your kind words Brian.

regards, Gerard