GSalden

PTA2 for P3Dv4 : Custom Presets thread

23 hours ago, GSalden said:

Let me look into this .

I do mot have a VC so I have to try with the FSX default 737 in P3D.

regards

Gerard

Installed your new version yesterday, took a flight KATL-KORD yesterday - the instruments appeared to be lit up in the beginning and then extinguished mid flight. I may have to start a ticket with PMDG on this. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Installed your new version yesterday, took a flight KATL-KORD yesterday - the instruments appeared to be lit up in the beginning and then extinguished mid flight. I may have to start a ticket with PMDG on this. 

That probably is the best you can do.

Hi Gerard,

Using your Version V5, fantastic, have splurged again, and purchased UTL, that installed and is working well.

Preset V5 is really good. But I have a question. It doesn't relate to your PTA Preset but it does to all of them, if a Simmer is using Aerosoft SimStarterNG, of which I use.

I did email Matt at Sim Tweaks, but I guess he is pretty busy.

1. I install your Preset with PTA 2.60, then in SimStarterNG, I set up my lighting and ACSA using the same settings as per your PTA.

2. If I decide to use another flight, but prefer your setting as per V5, in SimStarterNG I then can select your configuration.

3. Am I correct in, my initial PTA Preset must be set to that of what I want to use prior to starting SimStarterNG, and in SimStarterNG, I must use the corresponding PTA configuration matching the PTA preset originally set. I'm guessing if I used a different PTA preset in 2.60, and used you settings in SimStarterNG, I would get some pretty messed up textures and lighting.

They say the only stupid question, is the one you don't ask?

I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track, as my textures and lighting are magnificent, so I'm sorry to be so long winded.

Brian (BJ from OZ) 

Hi Brian,

My preset is a 24/7 preset.  The HDR settings are set automatically in P3D , so you do not have to set them through SimStarterNG again.

If you want to use another preset , then you have to restore the default shaders and then load another preset. And if that preset does not set HDR settings automatically then you have to set it in SimStarterNG .

Regarding advised P3D settings in a preset : start with the advised settings as with those settings as a base the presets are made. Especially HDR settings. But you might have your monitors more/less bright. more/less saturated, more/less contrast. Then you could adjust that in P3D.

Gerard Thank You,

That is what I do, I set your Preset in PTA and have the same settings as a configuration in SimStarterNG.

But I feel I've reached a point with your preset, that Ill just set all the scenario's that start up in SimStarterNG with your V5, as it is the best by far.

In-fact i don't know why I'm using SimStarterNG as i always choose your Preset configuration from within it.

At least now i know I'm doing the right thing.

Again, Thankyou, this is not a subject you can bring up with any Tom , Dick or Harry and expect them to be able to give you a hand.

Really appreciated.

Brian (BJ from OZ) 

Update : http://members.casema.nl/gsalden/PTA2-Saldo 4_1 v5b Vis 125.rar

This is the same as the regular v5 preset, only slightly less satureted night colors ( -5% ) and slightly less bright underground ( -4% ) when the sun is shining on it.  Both changes are very subtle.

Note : If you use high contrast/color monitor settings than the regular V5 will be better for you. 

New version : V6

This one took a lot of time. When using Dynamic Lighting some airports have buildings that are way too bright. Like Heathrow Pro. The developers solution was to advise using a brightness value of just 0.67. Flying at daytime with that value results in a too dark overall. This preset solves that for all airports.

Changes :

- solved Dynamic Lighting looking too bright at night

- preset v5 look maintained

http://members.casema.nl/gsalden/PTA2-Saldo 4_1 v6 Vis 125.rar

Heathrow Pro with DL 

Heathrow DL preset 6.jpg

Hey Gerard. 

With v5 I have very dark night, VC is too dark, I do not see any panels, only panel lights. I am wondering if this is just me. 

Thx 

9 hours ago, skysurfer said:

Hey Gerard. 

With v5 I have very dark night, VC is too dark, I do not see any panels, only panel lights. I am wondering if this is just me. 

Thx 

Your monitor is probably using a low brightness value.

Set fair weather and at night you should slightly see the clouds ( november )

20 hours ago, GSalden said:

... When using Dynamic Lighting some airports have buildings that are way too bright. Like Heathrow Pro. The developers solution was to advise using a brightness value of just 0.67. Flying at daytime with that value results in a too dark overall. This preset solves that for all airports.

Gerard,

Aerosoft published an update called v1.01 some days ago, which amongst other things solved this problem. Apparently some wrong type of bloom was involved.

19 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Gerard,

Aerosoft published an update called v1.01 some days ago, which amongst other things solved this problem. Apparently some wrong type of bloom was involved.

The AS update only solved the Bloom on the lightpoles. Not the buildings.

My preset solves the buildings being too bright.

Version 7 has been slightly improved : at higher altitude a little less saturation 

So from the date/time of this reply the modified V7 can be downloaded using the same link as 2 posts above. 

On 11/17/2017 at 10:58 AM, GSalden said:

Version 7 has been slightly improved : at higher altitude a little less saturation 

Hi Gerard!

I've been using your preset exclusively for the past week or so. Really great.

Although, way too dark in the VC view. (I'm using an IPS display, calibrated as good as I can get it) it's not just your preset, a lot PTA presets have this problem. However, I've found a solution. (I know you don't use the VC view, but some others may benefit from this)

Enable the Aircraft VC lighting tweak and input 1.50 for all the values expect for Saturation. You may need to play around with these values but they definitely work for me.

uKryCKw.png

Thanks for the preset Gerard!

Great work,  Others can benefit from your findings too. 

Thanks for posting.

regards , Gerard

Hi , I do not use Reshade as already there are post processing possibities in PTA. 

I am trying to have all tweaks inside PTA as then I can make them Dynamic : different values for dawn/day/dusk/night , altitude , precipitation . All transitioning smoothly into eachother .

Reshade is static. Different presets for day-night . Different sky colors for different seasons.

So everthing I can make Dynamic has my preference.

You are free to try with Reshade however.

regards, Gerard

38 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Hi , I do not use Reshade as already there are post processing possibities in PTA. 

I am trying to have all tweaks inside PTA as then I can make them Dynamic : different values for dawn/day/dusk/night , altitude , precipitation . All transitioning smoothly into eachother .

Reshade is static. Different presets for day-night . Different sky colors for different seasons.

regards, Gerard

Thanks for the reply. I won't be using ReShade then. :-)

On 11/19/2017 at 6:09 AM, GSalden said:

regards, Gerard

Thanks for your preset! I am using it and it is lovely!

On 11/22/2017 at 7:46 AM, GSalden said:

You are welcome :biggrin:

regards, Gerard

Hi Gerard, 

Quick question to you since you are the pro here :) 

does the same tweak you did with the autogen lightning that lowers down the brightness according to the hour of the day, can work on the VC lightning as well ? 

Thank you and great job !  

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

Hi Gerard, 

Quick question to you since you are the pro here :) 

does the same tweak you did with the autogen lightning that lowers down the brightness according to the hour of the day, can work on the VC lightning as well ? 

Thank you and great job !  

Sure it can. 

You just use an expression in  VC lightning & saturation section.

If you can tell tour min and max value for the diffuse and ambient lighting I can make one for you..

Just now, GSalden said:

Sure it can. 

You just use an expression in  VC lightning & saturation section.

If you can tell tour min and max value for the diffuse and ambient lighting I can make one for you..

You the best Gerard ! my value in diffuse is 4.90. i am not sure what i want as min value but once i have the expression i will play around with the min value. basically i would want that in the morning hours and evening hours at dusk and a little pre dusk it will be less.