GSalden

PTA2 for P3Dv4 : Custom Presets thread

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 11/3/2017 at 9:03 AM, GSalden said:

Updated preset :

- all 3 cloud directional lighting tweaks have been added in the V4.1 way

- improved object lighting ( sunny side - shadow side )

PTA 260 Preset 4.jpg

 

Hi Gerard,

I really like the look of your latest v4 preset..great job! One thing I'd like to try would be to reduce the green-ish look of the grass/fields a bit. As I'm relatively new to the world of PTA Presets & trying to learn as I go, which of your preset items would I be looking to modify?

Also, does your latest v4 utilize post-processing? If needed, is there a version that runs w/o the PP?

Thanks w/ much appreciation,

Mike

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, orbmis said:

Hi Gerard,

I really like the look of your latest v4 preset..great job! One thing I'd like to try would be to reduce the green-ish look of the grass/fields a bit. As I'm relatively new to the world of PTA Presets & trying to learn as I go, which of your preset items would I be looking to modify?

Also, does your latest v4 utilize post-processing? If needed, is there a version that runs w/o the PP?

Thanks w/ much appreciation,

Mike

 

The greenish look is because of the colors of the photo scenery used in the screenshot.This is the Netherlands near Amsterdam.

Other countries differ in colors.

regards , Gerard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, branks737 said:

Thanks Gerard, what a difference a good shader program and preset makes to the look of sim!

I totally agee with you. We have come a long way and it is looking great with PTA now.

regards, Gerard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tried your preset Gerard, since the latest iteration of Thopat is rendering the terrain much too dark.

I have to say I'm mightily impressed. I will probably just switch off the extended cloud shadows, the rest is pretty much perfect so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Farlis said:

I just tried your preset Gerard, since the latest iteration of Thopat is rendering the terrain much too dark.

I have to say I'm mightily impressed. I will probably just switch off the extended cloud shadows, the rest is pretty much perfect so far.

Thank you for your kind words. Happy flying ...

regards, Gerard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gerard,

Loving version V4, the textures are fantastic, I've tried most Presets that are about, and had different Presets for Different Countries.

But having just flown with your Version 4, in New Zealand out of Dunedin and Australia out of Jandakot, I've got to say that this is right on the mark.

I'm using three, Curved ROG STRIX 27" Monitors at 144htz, with a 1080TI GPU and a i7-7700K at 4.6OC, 32Gig of RAM, and it just looks terrific.

Cheers Buddy

 

Brian

BJ from OZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, baxterbj said:

Gerard,

Loving version V4, the textures are fantastic, I've tried most Presets that are about, and had different Presets for Different Countries.

But having just flown with your Version 4, in New Zealand out of Dunedin and Australia out of Jandakot, I've got to say that this is right on the mark.

I'm using three, Curved ROG STRIX 27" Monitors at 144htz, with a 1080TI GPU and a i7-7700K at 4.6OC, 32Gig of RAM, and it just looks terrific.

Cheers Buddy

 

Brian

BJ from OZ

You really have a great setup there Brian. Surely you will enjoy it to the fullest.

regards, Gerard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gerard,

Excellent preset, really looks great! One issue I'm having is at Aersoft LHR, the terminal lighting (dynamic and HDR) is incredibly bright now. Is there a setting in your preset that is enhancing ground lighting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gerard

Very nice preset indeed. I tried it yesterday on LEBL -> EDDM with the FSL Bus at sunset. 
I know P3D is cutting the fps almost by half at dawn and dusk but I had very low fps at night once it was completely dark. Especially when the moon was visible.
Do you have any settings or tweaks, which could affect the performance at night? Maybe it's ENVTEX not sure, since alway when I look directly to the sun or moon, my fps go down from a solid 30 to around 18... 
(i7 6700k @4.5 | 3200Mhz 16GB RAM | 1080Ti

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5-11-2017 at 8:43 PM, olibarke said:

Hi Gerard,

Excellent preset, really looks great! One issue I'm having is at Aersoft LHR, the terminal lighting (dynamic and HDR) is incredibly bright now. Is there a setting in your preset that is enhancing ground lighting?

Dynamic lichting is extremely bright ar Frankfurt and Heathrow.

You can set Bloom multiplier for Night at a lower value like 1.0 or even 0.8.

Than save the preset with a name , restore default shaders and then load the saved preset.

regards, Gerard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, onurair said:

Hi Gerard

Very nice preset indeed. I tried it yesterday on LEBL -> EDDM with the FSL Bus at sunset. 
I know P3D is cutting the fps almost by half at dawn and dusk but I had very low fps at night once it was completely dark. Especially when the moon was visible.
Do you have any settings or tweaks, which could affect the performance at night? Maybe it's ENVTEX not sure, since alway when I look directly to the sun or moon, my fps go down from a solid 30 to around 18... 
(i7 6700k @4.5 | 3200Mhz 16GB RAM | 1080Ti

Thanks in advance.

Did you try deleting your current p3d.cfg file ? And let P3D make a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Did you try deleting your current p3d.cfg file ? And let P3D make a new one.

Yes I did. More then once actually :) How are your settings when flying at dawn/dusk, since we have similar HW. 
I'm not sure if my 4k 30hz monitor is the culprit.. but the 1080Ti should cope with it I guess. ASCA Clouds and Envtex are set to DXT (512 - 1024) When ever I have clouds and additionally the sun or the moon is in sight, my frames are dropping to below 20 :( 
Btw. my AA settings are at 8xMSAA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now