Sign in to follow this  
FlyAndFight

AI Landing Lights not Aligned

Hi Steve,

This may already have been discussed previously but I couldn't find a thread on it. 

I've noticed that the landing lights on my AI aircraft are not aligned correctly with the aircraft.  I'm using WOAI mostly but have also noticed it with ORBX AI aircraft as well. 

They appear above the aircraft.

This is not a new, as I've had this issue for some time.  I just figured that possibly there is a correction or setting fix out there and I've just not picked up on it yet.

Thanks again for this amazing tool, Steve.  I wouldn't fly FSX without it.

Alex

Alexander Alonso

Such problems are usually caused by a replacement halo.bmp, revert to the fsx original halo.bmp or download mike  swannicks light textures which has one that works ok.

Sorry for the delay, but Steve was absolutely correct.   After installing Mike Swannicks' "Halo.bmp", all was good again.

Thanks, Steve.

Alexander Alonso

Hello, sorry to rez this thread but i thought it'd be better then starting another one, followed these steps however the Halo.bmp light is now really small, like barely visible, is there anyway to make it bigger?

Thanks.

Richard Smith

Halo.bmp is used for every light in fsx when viewed from a distance.  That includes runway lights, aircraft lights etc.  The best thing to use is the default fsx halo.bmp.  There are many replacements out there that were created without realising the number of things they affect and go on to cause issues.  

If you have lost the original then mike’s lights are also good.  He focussed on trying to make the lights realistic and hence the halo is quite small.  

The first thing I do after installing fsx is copy halo.bmp to my desktop so I have a backup.

20 hours ago, SteveFx said:

The first thing I do after installing fsx is copy halo.bmp to my desktop so I have a backup.

I normally do make backups but this time I goofed, However I've just copied one of the many Halo.bmp that came with Rex Hd Airports via the airport lighting and got quite a nice one to replace it.

Thanks.

Richard Smith

You can indeed trust Rex to test properly.  The issue really comes from freeware where the author produces a new halo.bmp for the aircraft without realising that some people,will subsequently find their ai lights misaligned.