Adamski_NZ

PTA 2.60 for P3Dv4.1 - a first look!

Congratulations, Matt! I can't tell you how great it is to have P3D working properly again! Such a relief to have it so soon after the 4.1 update ... yay!!

The good news (folks) is that it looks like my old preset (25_04) will work fine in PTA 2.60. Here are some very quick shots from my favourite testing area!

nzmf_pta26_01_01_1350.jpg

nzmf_pta26_01_02_1350.jpg

nzmf_pta26_01_03_1350.jpg

So ... hopefully I can lash up a new 2.60-specific preset quite soon. I'd like to explore some of the new features first, though!

AAdam.

• Upvote 8

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

35 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Always sharing nice pics Adam, just curious, what scenery are you using here?

I guess ORBX in NZ... very nice indeed!

Cheers, Ed

Is NZMF Milford Sound Airport of orbx, I think is "one of the best addons of orbx " in mine personnal classement is coted ***** ;-))

In oceania NZ is the good zone to fly...

• Upvote 1

Just tested out of KMIA with old 25-04 presets, operates satisfactorily and absolutely fantastic.

Congratulations Matts and AAdam.

Looks great Adam, I always look forward to trying out your presets. In fact, I never fly without them...

5 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi Adam, do you know if the PTAbsolute Natural Set preset will work?

Hi Jack!! No idea! I've never tried them (too busy tweaking my own, LOL). Going by other threads here, it appears that some people are having trouble with "Clouds Directional Lighting" - so if the preset doesn't use that, then I'm sure it'll be fine.

Thanks for all the nice comments, folks. It is indeed the Milford Sound (NZMF) addon by ORBX - beautifully rendered in ORBX NZSI. It's a great area to test presets, as it has a great mixture of autogen, vegetation, mountains (for the shadows) ... and water ... all in a tiny area.

Right! ... back to tweaking my tweaks!

Adam.

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Hi Jack!! No idea! I've never tried them (too busy tweaking my own, LOL). Going by other threads here, it appears that some people are having trouble with "Clouds Directional Lighting" - so if the preset doesn't use that, then I'm sure it'll be fine.

Thanks for all the nice comments, folks. It is indeed the Milford Sound (NZMF) addon by ORBX - beautifully rendered in ORBX NZSI. It's a great area to test presets, as it has a great mixture of autogen, vegetation, mountainds (for the shadows) ... and water ... all in a tiny area.

Right! ... back to tweaking my tweaks!

Adam.

Have you tried it with TerraFlora (Turbulent Designs)?.

Cheers, Ed

17 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Have you tried it with TerraFlora (Turbulent Designs)?

I would love to (I haven't got it) - but I'm terrified of screwing up my ORBX HD Trees. I beta test for ORBX, so have to keep things fairly clean - though I must say I like TF.

Adam.

Looking forward to trying your final settings once you have it worked out.

8 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Looking forward to trying your final settings once you have it worked out.

I'm working on a preset now. I don't think there's much to tweak from 25_04 ... just checking through the new stuff ... so I expect to be finished today (or tomorrow at the latest).

I'm sort of hampered by just looking at the scenery LOL!

Adam.

• Upvote 2