Sign in to follow this  
mickham

747QOTS2 liveries broken

18 minutes ago, mickham said:

Uninstalled the 747,deleted everything in p3d related to the 747,deleted all off the 747 backup liveries.Reinstalled 747 with no added liveries and the default house liveries on all 747 variants are corrupt.I think that the next move is to revert back to v4 of p3d and see what happens?As I stated my A2A commanche is affected along with various other craft.Not to the extent of the PMDG in as much that the texturing colours are not there.where as the PMDG,most of the fuselage is missing with the interior showing.The update seemed to go smoothly and I do not use an AV as such,only windows defender which I always disable when installing anything including updates.

Thanks for replying

If other aircraft are affected, then it's definitely your computer, or your sim install. I'd try a clean install of 4.1 instead of trying to roll back to any previous versions. Make sure to follow their directions to the letter.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you all for your help,rolled back to v4 and everything is working perfectly,Will keep v4 for a while

Thanks again

M.Hamilton

19 minutes ago, mickham said:

Thank you all for your help,rolled back to v4 and everything is working perfectly,Will keep v4 for a while

I wouldn't shy away from the update. Worth giving it another shot, honestly. Sounds like you just messed up something in the install of 4.1. If it were a problem with 4.1, you'd see widespread reports of it, which isn't the case.

Kyle Rodgers

Just downloaded a fresh copy of  4.1 from Lockheed.uninstalled old content then client, reinstalled fresh client then fresh content,back to square 1 with textures I will revert back to v4 again as I am certainly not doing a full install of 4.1.It took me 3 days to do a full install from v3.4.

Again thank you so much for your help.

1 hour ago, mickham said:

Just downloaded a fresh copy of  4.1 from Lockheed.uninstalled old content then client, reinstalled fresh client then fresh content,back to square 1 with textures I will revert back to v4 again as I am certainly not doing a full install of 4.1.It took me 3 days to do a full install from v3.4.

Again thank you so much for your help.

I’d try and troubleshoot more honestly. As mentioned, this is something on your machine / local install. Not troubleshooting now may come back to bite you later as you never fixed the underlying issue. 4.2 rolls out and the issue may still be there. Now you’re stuck .2 behind simply because you didn’t try to solve an issue. Up to you, but I’d strongly advise against what you’re doing.

Kyle Rodgers

Update:

I tried running the OC again. 

I see that the repair message is there. I tried it and it worked.

Apologies for jumping the gun here. I think I must not have selected an "Action" before clicking OK.

Looking forward to the Jetstream!

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

On checking the p3d website I found that other user were having the same problems that I am seeing.Some users seemed to think that it is a problem with the amount of entries in the xml and cfg files.I removed several scenery folders from the p3d documents addon folder and low and behold all aircraft textures are back to normal.I will add said folders back one by one until I find a corrupt file or reach  a working limit.

As said before thank you so much for your help.Especially you Kyle I was ready for giving up

M.Hamilton

4 hours ago, mickham said:

On checking the p3d website I found that other user were having the same problems that I am seeing.Some users seemed to think that it is a problem with the amount of entries in the xml and cfg files.I removed several scenery folders from the p3d documents addon folder and low and behold all aircraft textures are back to normal.I will add said folders back one by one until I find a corrupt file or reach  a working limit.

As said before thank you so much for your help.Especially you Kyle I was ready for giving up

M.Hamilton

Hi M., full names on all posts here please.

I can purposely create random unusual aircraft textures by making an error in an add-on.xml file in the textures add on component.  One has to be careful with global textures.  Easy solution for most sceneries (at least this is true for the 100+ I have with the addon xml method) is to provide the path to the parent folder for the scenery where the Scenery and Texture folders are the children.  There is rarely a need to provide separate paths for scenery and textures, such as FSDT does.  It is not necessary.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan.So has LM changed the way scenery the addon xml works in 4.1 .I am using the exact same p3dv4 addon folder as I was using with v4 and never had any problems with?

Mick Hamilton

Just a quick note,should there be a case of the same sceney in both the addon xml and scenery cfg ie I have JustSim - Varna Airport in both files and I have only used the addon xml route?

Cheers

7 hours ago, mickham said:

Just a quick note,should there be a case of the same sceney in both the addon xml and scenery cfg ie I have JustSim - Varna Airport in both files and I have only used the addon xml route?

Cheers

Mick, scenery should not be added both in an add-on.xml and the scenery.cfg.  It is normal to see the items added via add-on.xml when you view the Scenery Library within the simulator, they will be greyed out and above the scenery.cfg items.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan Did what you suggested with the addon xml file regarding the scenery and texture option and everything is working o.k.

Thanx for everybodys help

Mick Hamilton