Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

FlyInside for P3D 64bit released

Just a HU, FlyInside for P3Dv4 has finally been released :)

Is it a separate license...how does that work if one has both P3Dv3 and v4?

Thanks!

@realkewl Separate licence for V4

Had to update my A2A planes... will test more.

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

Ok, at least in my tests, this leaves the native VR so completely in the dust, it's not even funny.

Try running the Oculus tray tool https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disconnect-fixes-hopefully/p1

Then run P3D native with the Oculus tool set to monitor Performance on the visual hud.

Then do it with Flyinside, or the Flyinside demo and look at the performance difference.

Not

Even

Close!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Amazing. Just made a quick flight from Rome Ciampino to LIRQ (Florence) and:

Don´t know what Dan and his team did but easely doubles my FPS with default p3dv4 VR.

And (and it is a big AND), no spinning clouds in VR!! Active sky in VR in its full glory!

Love it!

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Certainly a very nice addition to P3D if you want to fly in VR. But paying (almost) full price again after having bought the P3Dv3 license? No, sorry. There goes another greedy developer I will not invest in anymore. Will wait for the native VR implementation to improve. This hobby is getting too expensive...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Well, tried it and without HDR I will stick with native VR. HDR just makes too much visual difference for me. Wish they would include it, but without HDR, visuals just look dull, dull, dull.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

3 hours ago, carlito777 said:

Certainly a very nice addition to P3D if you want to fly in VR. But paying (almost) full price again after having bought the P3Dv3 license? No, sorry. There goes another greedy developer I will not invest in anymore. Will wait for the native VR implementation to improve. This hobby is getting too expensive...

Unbelievable. The 'greedy developer' needed to rewrite code in order to support the new version of P3D (which also required a purchase)

Do you work for free?

• Upvote 1

Show me a hobby that isn't a money pit.  For myself its worth every penny and much cheaper than replacing my DSLR camera bodies every couple of years  Remember the old saying, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. 

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I get really good performance in native VR. The fact that I can also use cheaseplane to move around, use external views and go in and out of VR when I please makes me think that I won`t be going back to Flyinside.

Native VR should also have good compatibility with the incoming FSL A320 and the Dash, something that Flyinside never had.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

4 hours ago, daelight said:

Unbelievable. The 'greedy developer' needed to rewrite code in order to support the new version of P3D (which also required a purchase)

Do you work for free?

I have the impression that a lot of developers want customers to believe that going to 64 bit is rocket science. "Completely rewrite the code"? Yeah, right. What a joke. It is easy to fool customers in this business. I would have been happy to pay up to 25% upgrade fee but not 75%. So I chose to vote with my wallet and will write off yet another investment...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

17 hours ago, chass32 said:

Amazing. Just made a quick flight from Rome Ciampino to LIRQ (Florence) and:

Don´t know what Dan and his team did but easely doubles my FPS with default p3dv4 VR.

And (and it is a big AND), no spinning clouds in VR!! Active sky in VR in its full glory!

Love it!

Glad to see that your experience mirrors our own regarding FPS and smoothness!  We put a lot into making this product run as nicely as it does.

14 hours ago, carlito777 said:

So you're happy to pay $60-$200 to upgrade Prepar3D, but $20 is too much for a small developer which does the same?  We're not greedy, we've spent months developing very good P3Dv4 support, and we're asking a fair price for it.

6 hours ago, carlito777 said:

I have the impression that a lot of developers want customers to believe that going to 64 bit is rocket science. "Completely rewrite the code"? Yeah, right. What a joke. It is easy to fool customers in this business. I would have been happy to pay up to 25% upgrade fee but not 75%. So I chose to vote with my wallet and will write off yet another investment...

For normal software, sure, 32-bit to 64-bit is easy.  Recompile (well first, recompile all of your dependencies, replace those without 64-bit versions), figure out where you used size-specific types where you shouldn't've, and figure out where you used less constrained types where you needed to.  A day's work for well-written software (possibly months for very poorly written software).  This isn't where we spent our time though.

Prepar3D v4 contains major rendering changes under the hood, they stopped using certain DX APIs we very heavily depended on, and started using others we didn't support.  They made large changes to every integration point we use (camera, menus, UI).  Did we rewrite the entire program?  No.  Did we rewrite every Prepar3D integration point, and the vast majority of our stereo-rendering system?  Yes, we had to.  FlyInside isn't a desktop business app where you can flip a switch and recompile, we tightly integrate with Prepar3D which itself underwent many changes.

Obviously it's up to every simmer if they think the software is worth the price, we can't force you to buy the software.  But don't write it off as a disingenuous cash-grab.  We've spent months on this, and provide better VR than you can get built-in.  We're charging significantly less than most camera add-ons, aircraft add-ons, weather add-ons, and scenery add-ons.  So why the negativity?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, anprogrammer said:

Glad to see that your experience mirrors our own regarding FPS and smoothness!  We put a lot into making this product run as nicely as it does.

So you're happy to pay $60-$200 to upgrade Prepar3D, but $20 is too much for a small developer which does the same?  We're not greedy, we've spent months developing very good P3Dv4 support, and we're asking a fair price for it.

For normal software, sure, 32-bit to 64-bit is easy.  Recompile (well first, recompile all of your dependencies, replace those without 64-bit versions), figure out where you used size-specific types where you shouldn't've, and figure out where you used less constrained types where you needed to.  A day's work for well-written software (possibly months for very poorly written software).  This isn't where we spent our time though.

Prepar3D v4 contains major rendering changes under the hood, they stopped using certain DX APIs we very heavily depended on, and started using others we didn't support.  They made large changes to every integration point we use (camera, menus, UI).  Did we rewrite the entire program?  No.  Did we rewrite every Prepar3D integration point, and the vast majority of our stereo-rendering system?  Yes, we had to.  FlyInside isn't a desktop business app where you can flip a switch and recompile, we tightly integrate with Prepar3D which itself underwent many changes.

Obviously it's up to every simmer if they think the software is worth the price, we can't force you to buy the software.  But don't write it off as a disingenuous cash-grab.  We've spent months on this, and provide better VR than you can get built-in.  We're charging significantly less than most camera add-ons, aircraft add-ons, weather add-ons, and scenery add-ons.  So why the negativity?

Ok. Fair enough. That is the problem with software that „hacks“ under the hood of other software. I am frustrated because I bought FlyInside for P3D and even though it was nicely done, it was almost useless for me. The VAS consumption was such that it was almost impossible to fly with an airliner from add–on airport to add–on airport. Plus it never really worked with the FSL A320. I shelved it, hoping for the update to P3Dv4, just to find out that I have to buy it again (almost). This just doesn’t feel right in my perspective. Despite all the necessary adjustments you mentioned, I have the feeling it was not 75% of the effort for the original software. Hence, asking 75% feels too much for me. But everybody has to judge that on their own. Native VR is getting better and better in P3D and I love the option to go back and forth between 2D and VR. All in all, I will not buy FlyInside for P3Dv4 because of the above mentioned reasons.

Still spinning clouds for me with flyinisde but not in native vR ??

strange

Guillaume LE MENTEC

P3DV4.3/Windows 10/i5 4670 K@4.2