Sign in to follow this  
keight

Pneumatic thrust reverser operation

Have you tried cycling the affected engine bleed switch to restore the system? What status message is shown on the status page?

*HPSOV and PRV are pulsed open, provided the overheat no longer exists. 

There are no temp indications for engine bleed air so we aren't able to say conclusively that the overheat condition exists at reverser selection.

No one has said whether they've tried a reset by cycling the affected engine bleed air switch nor has anyone provided the STATUS message. With a BLD X OVHT/PRV message, there should be either a BLEED PRV ENG X status message or BLEED X OVHT status message.

Brian Nellis

16 hours ago, jgoggi said:

anyway I tried several times and each time I could use the thrust reverse, with the failure still on, without cycling the bleed switch and with the EICAS message not extinguished.

The bleed overheat is detected by a temperature sensor in the bleed ducts. In certain cases, throttling back can remove the physical overtemperature (but not the valve close command and, I guess, the messages relating to the closed valve/s). If you triggered the bleed overheat fault at idle however and you got messages/warning lights at idle, then there is no much you can do (reverser ops is unlikely).

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

8 minutes ago, Qavion2 said:

If you triggered the bleed overheat fault at idle however and you got messages/warning lights at idle, then there is no much you can do (reverser ops is unlikely).

Actually, I'm not sure about this. If the valves are commanded closed and they actually close, then the duct temperature should go down (realtime). I guess we would have to know what PMDG considers the cause of the overheat. It could even be a faulty overheat sensor.

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

Yes, the PMDG guys in charge for ATA 36/78 should definately chime in... even because I hope the issue has been (or is being) investigated...

James Goggi

5 hours ago, jgoggi said:

Yes, the PMDG guys in charge for ATA 36/78 should definately chime in... even because I hope the issue has been (or is being) investigated...

How much louder does the chime have to be?

Brian Nellis

2 hours ago, Copper. said:

How much louder does the chime have to be?

Very loud, and with the solution to the problem :biggrin:

James Goggi

You guys have been around long enough to know that if you want PMDG to "chime" in the only way to accomplish that is to submit a ticket to PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

13 hours ago, downscc said:

submit a ticket to PMDG Product Support.

Already done more than one month ago :cool:

James Goggi

My advice in this thread is the same as my advice as a current qots2 tech team member. I don't see any problems with existing functionality. It can of course be refined to include x,y,z conditions... but to what end?

Brian Nellis

On 10/19/2017 at 2:18 AM, Qavion2 said:

So you're saying there was a modification to show a BLD X OVHT/PRV message on modified RR's, Bertie? In my manuals, I can't find any reference to it on the RR's, only on the CF6's.

No, I'm not saying that.  I can't find any reference to a BLD X OVHT/PRV message either and perhaps i should have made it clearer that my expanded abnormal procedures for a BLD X message and tech notes do not expand on what is actually meant by an 'unmodified aircraft'.  However, it is interesting to note that bleed air is available for RR engine reverser operation with the Bleed Air switch either on or off.

Bertie

So, PMDG, has the issue been detected? Why does the reverse still work with an overheat? Thanks.

James Goggi

7 hours ago, jgoggi said:

So, PMDG, has the issue been detected? Why does the reverse still work with an overheat? Thanks.

I have to ask, did you ever submit a support ticket for this? I think you've been here long enough to know that there's no guarantee that they'll see and/or respond here.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I have to ask, did you ever submit a support ticket for this? I think you've been here long enough to know that there's no guarantee that they'll see and/or respond here.

Yes, yes, and another guy had submitted it before me... I am curious if PMDG has investigated and found the issue... 

James Goggi

1 hour ago, jgoggi said:

Yes, yes, and another guy had submitted it before me... I am curious if PMDG has investigated and found the issue... 

In that case, you may want to try asking in the support ticket that you submitted for a better chance at a response from them.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I think it should be noted that the 747, as great as it is, won’t accurately simulate every failure you throw at it. All desktop sims are lacking in the failures department to an extent.

• Upvote 1