Sign in to follow this  
alex1121

Unable to update to last version

50 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

i have info that my sim is too old and i have to update it

Aircraft - not sim.

50 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

It looks for me like this update is for P3D4 with wrong description, am i right ? 

Nope.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, every time i open OPS i have notification about update, already a few times tried to update but always OPS shows me that my actual version is 3.00.8132, but latest is 3.00.8464. 

It looks that for some reason i cannot download or OPS cannot properly install latest version ( my MSE is disabled ), how should i proceed ?

Artur 

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

It looks that for some reason i cannot download or OPS cannot properly install latest version ( my MSE is disabled ), how should i proceed ?

As the updater log mentioned, your aircraft version is too old. Uninstall, download the full installer, re-install, update.

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Thanks Kyle, now is  OK 

Glad to hear it. Enjoy!

Kyle Rodgers

I had this with the NGX and now I'm getting it with the 747-400. I purchased the 8 expansion only last month. The OC keeps saying after update that the 747 v3 NOT the 9 expansion needs updating. Soo....my 8 is new enough to be updated but my base pack is TOO old so needs to be downloaded again. 

Seeing as i obviously have to uninstall the 8 expansion BEFORE removing the base pack and then have to reinstall both the OC updater is either useless to me or making thinks worse (updating the exp and not the base pack BOTH of which show the same change logs.)

To avoid confusion could I suggest auto updating bu the OC is removed from the app completely and instead by replaced by a notification to re-download the newer versions including of course a link that licensed people could follow without a whole lot of palaver?

In ye olden days a dev would just email us when a new version was available and supply a DL link. Easy peasy no need to google support forums for this kind of thing.

Off now to delete all the 747 stuff just so i can get rid of these red/yellow notifications (of which there are too many of these days anyway!)

EDIT. As SOON as I did all the uninstalling and re-downloading and re-installing 'new' (not too old) versions as mentioned above the very first thing the versions did as soon as they were finished running were to open the OC which told me BOTH had new updates available! Why are these are not included in the actual download links? Will run these again now and see if they work this time......

......they did both work this time (or at least no notifications yet)...and were blindingly fast....obviously cached from my downloads half an hour ago...I'd say both updated in 5 seconds flat (yes both total time not each!)

Fingers crossed 😄

PS The OC works brilliantly for liveries....fantastic interface and works perfectly/fast!

Edited by sloppysmusic
Updated install info plus result

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

11 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

PS The OC works brilliantly for liveries....fantastic interface and works perfectly/fast!

Quoting only this last part for brevity...

The updater is set up to provide quick updates to the aircraft installed on your computer. This works brilliantly in most cases, but occasionally we need to set a "floor" or minimum version to be sure the updater is updating from a set, known configuration. Usually, when we release a product, we require that people download the full installer for both the base and expansion products to ensure that the updater is working with a "clean" install.

The current OC does not advise people very obviously about this. The new one (currently in testing) will.

While I understand the frustration, particularly in light of the poor messaging, please do not jump to conclusions about what we should, or should not do, without first waiting for an explanation of how things are supposed to work. Executing your suggestion would actually result in a major step back on functionality. It would be like asking Boeing to remove FL CH from the AP modes because of a misunderstanding of its purpose, without first asking a few questions on how it is supposed to work.

Again, I understand it's confusing - particularly in light of the lack of messaging - but I'd ask that you execute a bit of care in telling others what to do prior to taking the time to understand the situation entirely.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Usually, when we release a product, we require that people download the full installer for both the base and expansion products to ensure that the updater is working with a "clean" install.

Thanks for the reply but I am still a little confused.

Surely that should read EVERY TIME we RELEASE  a product? or USUALLY when we release a PRODUCT UPDATE? Because a new release would never appear as an update in the OC right?

I think it is a little cheeky to compare FC-CH by Boeing with the current Operations Center. The OC SHOULD know (because you guys do obviously ) when an update is minor or major. It really would not be difficult to have 2 states of update set with the major ones NOT attempting to 'fail install loop' every single time. The OC with major updates is clearly dysfunctional at present.

Your planes work pretty well flawlessly and do the job they were intended to and represent well the company name. The OC is not something a customer gets to choose to install, it is the first thing that is opened after an install. I would not dare to tell you what to do in the future! I am only going on information provided in this and the 737 thread I read a year or so ago. 2 of your major 'study sim' releases connected to what surely must be called an early beta OP 'updater'?

I think a long term paying customer should be allowed one small online rantette when an hour of their life is wasted trying to find a solution to a problem that is not officially recognized or supported and definitely NOT in the manual! Just the one whine though, any more and we would be unfair. Oh dang it please don't read that as me telling you what to do! It was just me thinking out allowed as I was earlier about the OC itself.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

29 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Thanks for the reply but I am still a little confused.

Can you better explain what is confusing you?

30 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I think it is a little cheeky to compare FC-CH by Boeing with the current Operations Center. The OC SHOULD know (because you guys do obviously ) when an update is minor or major. It really would not be difficult to have 2 states of update set with the major ones NOT attempting to 'fail install loop' every single time. The OC with major updates is clearly dysfunctional at present.

Not sure what you mean by "minor" or "major" updates. We don't classify these as such, and I never mentioned it. An update is an update, no matter its size or content.

It's not dysfunctional at all. You're just assuming it works in a way that it doesn't, and I'm not sure how or where you're getting this information.

I'll explain in a different way:

When you buy a product, and it is not on your computer, the updater cannot update the product. Its sole purpose is to update portions of the larger product that is already on your machine.

Once you install it, the updater can do its work as appropriate.

If/when we release an expansion to that base product, in order to be sure the base product is properly up-to-date, we ask users to re-set the baseline by uninstalling the base product, redownloading/reinstalling the base pack installer (that we have updated on our end to have all of the necessary items for the expansion, to include any changes to the folder structure, which the updater isn't set up to handle), and then install the expansion.

The issue is that your installation never got to the level-setting "bar" because you didn't uninstall the base product, download the updated installer, and then install that updated installer. If one were to make the argument, then sure, you could make the assertion that this is a "major" update, but the issue isn't major/minor. The issue is that we occasionally require that people use the full installer to be 100% sure the updater has a clean baseline to work from.

There's an associated administrative burden to keeping track of all of the items that changed between Version X and Version Y. When you're doing all of the beta builds on both a base product and an expansion product, it's a lot easier to not track all of this, and just provide people the full installer that's the result of all of that rapid-release production.

If all of this is still confusing, please just trust us. We have reasons to ask that you occasionally download the full installers to use as a version from which the updater can work

Kyle Rodgers

30 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

If all of this is still confusing, please just trust us. We have reasons to ask that you occasionally download the full installers to use as a version from which the updater can work

Kyle thanks for the brilliant reply. There is a level of respect and patience in your reply I appreciate, if mainly because you know the workings of the system and I dont except what is in the manuals. i am one of those people who does not allow himself to even buy a product until the manual is fully read and understood, or will not install until read if manuals not supplied until after purchase.

I purchased the base 747 last summer 2017 I believe and the 8 expansion a week or so ago. When I purchased the expansion I quite definitely removed the base and re-downloaded the base and exp. 

When did the last update actually get released? The OC did not mention updates until after I had installed some 20 new liveries (thanks to ChasePlane for now making multiple liveries/views a dream to work with).

Slight confusion is the actual version of what is on my order list for download.

it cannot be the latest version, but is instead the latest BASE (base 744 and 748) versions on top of which is now needed the latest UPDATE versions? The changelogs for both seemed exactly the same to me.

Is there anyway customers could be opt in to be notified of any updates, minor or major via email? I would certainly have no problem using a clean install in each case, and its not as if you guys are putting up new builds every week! 

I would of course really love it if the OC could detect my version needs a clean install, or at lest after running a 5min download and install CMD window produce an error message? There must be a flag there for the OC to detect the version needs updating surely the update install code could check AFTER it ran if versions are still the same and therefore a fail took place?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer in detail, I AM a satisfied customer in every way I just believe less technically savvy people would get more confused by this (although yes i would take the point that maybe in that case your planes may be a bit much for them in the first place!)

Edited by sloppysmusic
senior moment typos...
  • Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I think the main reason the OC doesn‘t notify you clearly about what steps are to be done is because the actual way PMDG offers „micro“ updates is way younger than the OC. Kyle is working on a new product „Global Flight Operations“ which will be included into a new OC, which again will be much more interactive with the customer than the OC we have atm. Right now it‘s more or less „only“ an airplane livery manager and an update tool but it will become a real PMDG-manager that we can work with which includes the GFO client, given we purchase/subscribe to it. I think there is no doubt we can expect something great from PMDG in the near future.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:18 PM, downscc said:

The update window should stay open for several minutes depending on your internet speeds.  Something is shutting it down or blocking it.  95% of the time the problem is AV software.

I know this is an old post

But this is exactly what's happening to me 

I tried to disable the Av and the firewall without success, it keeps on blocking 

how can it be prevent it (Win 10)

Thanks

Stefti

Intel x299 I7 7820  OC @ 4.7 Ghz   Win10 pro 64

Gigabyte gaming 9  Nvidia 1080ti  11GB

Thermaltake level 10 Corsair H1100 h2o cooling

64 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz

Ch Rudder,Yoke,&Stick Itra flightboard 2000

Some or most AV programs cannot be completely shut off, for example Norton must be removed completely to disable it otherwise even if not "running" it is still active in the background.

Dan Downs KCRP

I run PowerShell as Admin and typed:

Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $true

And stopped the AV check with malwarebyte, but the culprit was Microsoft

I Build the computer about a year ago with the sole purpose of SIM, one user one admin

did not need to  (SIGN IN MS acct.) no email no family account ,none

Then out of desperation i signed in and voila`les jeux sont faits,notification galore!

Was all about Admin rights(and you are not admin till you sign in i guess)

Hope it helps

Stefti

Intel x299 7820 OC @ 4.7 

Gigabyte Gaming 9   64gb of corsair dominator ddr4@3.000,corsair  h100i(cooling)

3x 512  samsung 960 nvme m.2 , 1 asus 1080ti wind 10  Thermaltake level 10

• Upvote 1

Intel x299 I7 7820  OC @ 4.7 Ghz   Win10 pro 64

Gigabyte gaming 9  Nvidia 1080ti  11GB

Thermaltake level 10 Corsair H1100 h2o cooling

64 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz

Ch Rudder,Yoke,&Stick Itra flightboard 2000

I am running into the same problem.

PMDG Operation Center will not update my 747. I click on the Update tab and the box pops up and then says complete.

But when I close the Operation Center the update pops back up.