Sign in to follow this  
DavidP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch FltSim Screenshots

How is the VC integration achieved and managed?

Hans

4 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

How is the VC integration achieved and managed?

Hi, do you have something specific in mind?

Otherwise, the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch is a gauge, and like any other gauge, it can fit any panel.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I was thinking about aircraft which come with the option to integrate a GTN 750/650 or a combination, like some Carenado models or the Milviz Beaver. Gauge configuration can be tricky otherwise, at least with some VC's and for people with less experience than Bert P. Hope to see some users showing what they did with the gauge. 

Thanks for the new models. 

Hans

Thank you for the clarification! Well, in fact the first step is easy and consist in replacing the old gauge with the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch. Using the in-sim task-oriented assistant, you can quickly replace old gauges with the new.

Then remains interactivity, especially in the VC.

Either the gauge is configured with its bezel (default), and you get all interactivity already set and working (this is default FS gauge put in the VC working fine).

Or the gauge is configured 'nobezel' manually, to replace/overlay a 3D model of the GTN screen, and then you need to use the wonderful trick Bert has explained in our GNS V2 forum: create a simple XML gauge which intercepts 3D model click events and turns them to default simulator GPS key events, which our GTN picks up with the "Use Simulator GPS Commands" option.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 hour ago, RXP said:

New: Link Simulator GPS Waypoints option synchronizes GNS route to FS GPS/EFIS.

Help. I am not finding the command or context for this either in the Setup app or in the updated .ini file(s)

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

SHIFT+right click the top edge of the device to open the Settings Panel, then in the 'Gauge Options' section, open the 'Advanced settings', it is there!

39 minutes ago, RXP said:

SHIFT+right click the top edge of the device to open the Settings Panel, then in the 'Gauge Options' section, open the 'Advanced settings', it is there!

OK got it.  The way the setup frame situates on my system, scrolling all the way to the bottom, with Advanced and Audio at the bottom, clicking Advanced then opens but appears to only show Enable Failures. Since already scrolled to the bottom before clicking Advanced it felt like it was already at the lower limit of the options.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Ok I think I got it, however, isn't the scroll bar changing size when you un-hide the 'Advanced' option? Otherwise this would be a bug in the GUI code which we will look at.

25 minutes ago, RXP said:

Ok I think I got it, however, isn't the scroll bar changing size when you un-hide the 'Advanced' option? Otherwise this would be a bug in the GUI code which we will look at.

Looking at it again, yes the scroll bar does change size. I did not notice it. Likely because i had scrolled to the bottom.  Also looking at it again when Advanced is clicked the Audio heading moves from view which should have also caught my attention.

My bad on another front. After inquiring about LinkGPS= for the GTN, I mixed in GNS questions. Guess the settings and context is the same for both, but hope I did not confuse others.  Sorry about that.  

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Thank you for the clarification, I'm glad we won't have to issue an immediate patch and that our GTN seems rock solid from the get go, hoping it will stay like this for long!

As for the other topic, yes both the Reality XP GTN and the Reality XP GNS V2 implement the same level of FltSim capabilities and integration! That is the features you love and request such as "Link Simulator GPS Waypoints", "Use Simulator GPS Commands", Keyboard shortcuts, tons of custom XML variables for integration, adjustable bezel brightness independently of the screen brightness etc...

Speaking of 'cool' things, for those not reading the entire manual:

- In the GTN device: System | Audio : adjust the key click sound is working.

- In the GTN device: System | Backlight : adjust the screen brightness.

- In the GTN device: volume knob: adjust either the COM or NAV volumes.