Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch FltSim now released!

I'm pleased to announce the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch for Flight Sim is now available!

We're proud to offer you the same level of quality for the entire Prepar3d, Flight Simulator and X-Plane platforms!

Now compatible with the latest Garmin GTN Trainer v6.41 with Visual Approach Assistant, the products come with unique graphics technologies: HDPI 32bits RGBA bitmaps for unmatched visuals*, highly optimized code for near zero impact to the FPS, and in-sim live settings: no aircraft or sim reload!

Pushing the envelop higher, the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch for Flight Sim offers lags-free touchscreen experience, reactive CDI and Autopilot links, exports the active waypoints to any third party GPS/EFIS using the standard FS GPS has backend.

Both products also come super-charged with tons of customization options for panel integration, hardware interface and keyboard shortcuts. They also now offer custom variables to help integration with third party XML gauges with our GPS.

Our Flight Simulator version is compatible with the entire flight simulator family for a unique price: P3D 4, P3D 3, P3D 2, P3D 1, FSX-SE, FSX, FS9*

And one last thing:

To further thank you for your continuing support for the last 15 years, we're offering additional 10% discount to all Reality XP customers until November 30th, 2017!*

Fly Yours Today!

* FS-SDK limits: 15bits colours aka 'colour banding' / FSX (Acc/Sp2) and FS9 (Sp1)

* Coupon available at reality-xp.com front page.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi,

Firstly congratulations on the release.

I was an RXP user years ago, I had your gns 530 running on an Emuteq Gns 530 panel. I did however make the jump to p3d v2 very quickly so I had to abandon that setup, sad day!

Does the gtn 750 touch actually support a touch interface via a third party device. I.e. can we unlock the 2d gauge to a touch screen monitor or tablet somehow? Using the mouse on the gauge kills realism.

Thanks

Gordon

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Hi, and thank you for your kind words!

Prepar3d supports undocking popup windows, and usually, touchscreen monitors convert touch inputs into mouse events, which shall be interpreted by Prepar3d like any other mouse inputs.

Otherwise, besides we offert the "User Simulator GPS Commands" to redirect default GPS key events to our GTN bezel and discrete inputs (flaps, gear, taws inhibit), there is no provision for now for a similar 'touch' input.

This is feasible but we want to bring this feature based on our customer feedback, because there might be so many different uses we certainly could bring this right only from your inputs.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Can you disable taws completely in this unit?  Also will it fit in place of the Flight1 units in all planes that are setup for the Flight1 version (such as the A2A Connie and Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25)?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

@warbirds You can select TERR PROX, TAWS B and TAWS A. It is selectable live in-sim, and it just reboots the unit. When using an helicopter, it uses HTERR PROX and HTAWS instead automatically!

There are additional controls specifically for the TAWS-A to work properly: the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch properly connects the gear squat switch and the flaps position to the device, so as to have the GTN TAWS-A algorithm pickup the correct algorithm accordingly. You can try this with flaps retracted and diving a little too much, wait for the TAWS-A alert, then extend the flaps and see how the GTN adapts to the flaps condition!

Furthermore, with the "Use Simulator GPS commands" option which intercepts default GPS key events and redirects these to the GTN, you can have additional inputs (p16 of the User's Manual):

KEY_GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON        	GTN CDI MODE (discrete in).
KEY_GPS_OBS_BUTTON            	GTN OBS MODE (discrete in).
KEY_GPS_TERRAIN_BUTTON        	GTN TAWS Inhibit (discrete in).
KEY_GPS_DIRECTTO_BUTTON       	GTN Direct To.
KEY_GPS_MENU_BUTTON           	GTN Home.
KEY_GPS_CURSOR_BUTTON         	GTN FMS push.
KEY_GPS_GROUP_KNOB_INC        	GTN FMS chapter up (right outer knob cw).
KEY_GPS_GROUP_KNOB_DEC        	GTN FMS chapter dn (right outer knob ccw).
KEY_GPS_PAGE_KNOB_INC         	GTN FMS page up (right inner knob cw).
KEY_GPS_PAGE_KNOB_DEC         	GTN FMS page dn (right inner knob ccw).
KEY_GPS_BUTTON1               	GTN VOL push.
KEY_GPS_BUTTON2               	GTN VOL up (left knob cw).
KEY_GPS_BUTTON3               	GTN VOL dn (left knob ccw).

In particular, see the "GTN TAWS Inhibit" command!

14 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Also will it fit in place of the Flight1 units in all planes that are setup for the Flight1 version (such as the A2A Connie and Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25)?

Of course it will! the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch is a gauge, and like any other gauge can be configured in any panel. It offers a 'nobezel' option as well, should you want to just integrate the screen onto a 3D model. As for bezel buttons and knobs, Bert has shown a wonderful way build a simple XML gauge which intercepts the 3D model bezel events and turn them to standard FS GPS commands, which are then actionable in the Reality XP GTN thanks to the "Use Simulator GPS commands" option. There are such examples in our GNS V2 forum already:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/518703-official-panel-configuration-thread/

Thanks, wish you had a package deal for both 750 and 650 at once if I want to double up as I do in the X Lear 25.

Very nice product, thanks for bringing it to P3Dv4 :)

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

18 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Very nice product, thanks for bringing it to P3Dv4 :)

Thank you for your kind words! There are more surprises to come both for the Reality XP GTN, and new products, which we hope will make the entire experience even better!

Another question; if I get both 750 and 650 do the work together or talk to each other somehow or are they purely individual units like the F1 versions?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

@warbirds Hi and sorry for the delay, I haven't noticed your post in this thread before. The Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch doesn't come with crossfill yet, as we are not sufficiently satisfied with its implementation.