Sign in to follow this  
svfranchini

FMC MESSAGE

today I got the 'false' FMC MESSAGE on EICAS during approach using my own panel state based on default one.

It seems I am not getting any false "fmc message"- announcements any more, however my EICAS only says "FMC" now (instead of "FMC MESSAGE") when advising an message on the fmc...

I deleted all custom panel states. All used panel states are based on the default ones . So something seems to be definitley wrong since the last update....

• Upvote 1

On 10/31/2017 at 2:03 PM, Suniram said:

It seems I am not getting any false "fmc message"- announcements any more, however my EICAS only says "FMC" now (instead of "FMC MESSAGE") when advising an message on the fmc...

I deleted all custom panel states. All used panel states are based on the default ones . So something seems to be definitley wrong since the last update....

I've been seeing this too.

On 7.11.2017 at 9:48 PM, manu689908 said:

Had the same issue, loaded default panel state then powered it down to long state then saved it, that has solved it for me.

hmmm....didnt solve it for me....

I still always get just "FMC"  instead of "FMC MESSAGE"

not a big deal of course, but strange..........

Hey Guys.

i've got the same issue after the update.

fmc message in eicas all time during the Flight without a message in the fmc.... with every default Panel state at Startup.....

Hope a fix is nearly coming

11 hours ago, Seralia said:

fmc message in eicas all time during the Flight without a message in the fmc.... with every default Panel state at Startup.....

Hope a fix is nearly coming

Check this threat:

The work-around explained by Chris Makris (Olympic260) works for me!

"The correct way to do it is  with captain's CDU on POS INIT page, turn on the IRS's and wait until yellow "FMC" appears on EICAS. Scratchpad displays "SET IRS POSITION" which disappears when position is entered. EICAS "FMC" message also clears."

it works for me. But only with an New Cold and Dark from the default Panel State. the Old Cold and Dark won't work....

24 minutes ago, Seralia said:

it works for me. But only with an New Cold and Dark from the default Panel State. the Old Cold and Dark won't work....

This was announced in other posts earlier: cold & dark, short and long panelstates are corrupt, and for some reason there is no way to fix this by PMDG...

Only work-around is save your own panelstates starting from the default one.

Lucky us that the default is not (yet) corrupt ...