Sign in to follow this  
denny

cockpit positions in vr 4.1

Using oculus rift in cockpit. Positions different and some so high cant fly.  Don't know how to get correct. When using the rift my keyboard will not work . Every time I open any aircraft, get strange cockpit locations Do not have flyinside  how do we get a flyable position in cockpit. My yoke ,foot pedals,other Saitek gauges all good. Any help,Thanks in advance.

Denny

Your keyboard should be working with or without the rift

Seat positions

Shift + Backspace 

Shift + Enter

Ctrl + Backspace

Ctrl + Enter

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

You can now shift your position using eyepoint move commands. There is a drop down menu that says reset oculus view or some thing like that. Open menu, put mouse courser on it, don the rift then click it and all is well. I think there is a key for that but don’t know what it is.

Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

Also Flyinside is released !

Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

my mouse does not work  when using the rift in p3dv4 nor does my keyboard unless I remove the mass from my face. you mean you can do this while in virtual without removing the mask. Dennis

Well, there is a little gap at the bottom of the Rift nose area where you can peek down and see your keyboard..... 

And if you tilt your head back, you can even see your screen.....

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

• HIfyler when the rift is on in p3dv4 nothing on my keyboard will work after I change to vr cockitpit  view. Does anyone else have this problem

I don't have p3d, but with FlyInside, I lose keyboard input in FSX and in X-plane if I use  the mouse on my screen anywhere outside the sim window. I then have to click the mouse inside the sim in order to restore keyboard input.

Dugald

I talking p3dv4.1 not xplane or fsx or p3d3. None of the keyboard will work when in vr cockpit. 

any of you simmers using oculus rift with p3dv4.1 who can move in any direction by any command or keyboard shortcut or anyway please advise how. only with p3dv4.1

Thanks guys

There are 2 VR specific controls already built in to P3Dv4 that are already mapped as keyboard shortcuts by default

(Shift + Ctrl + ,)   HMD Recalibrate Origin

(Shift + Ctrl + M)   HMD Stereo Toggle

You can map these to any joystick / controller  button you have available

The first one resets your eye point view of cockpit. I mapped these to a single button on my Logitech gaming pad so I do it just by feel and don't have to look. If you don't feel you are centered properly, move you head up or down, left or right or both then press shift+Ctrl+comma. This actually

keep your head looking forward though. If you have a free button on your yoke or joystick map it cause you'll use it a lot

your keyboard works but for some reason the normal eye point commands don't in P3D4 or 4.1

Now if your mouse and keyboard don't work at all that's another story.

my mouse works in VR to flip switches..etc

see if you can turn lights on and off with L with the headset on

hope this helps

Brian

Just to be clear

The eye point commands will work when flying from your monitor but not with the headset on. 

Not sure if eye point commands will work in VR with FlyInside, haven't tried it yet

Brian my mouse does not work in vr. are you using the rift if so did you do anything special to get the mouse to work. when I have the hmd on nothing on my keyboard will do anything and my mouse will not move or show up on the screen. Thanks for you help.

Denny

I hear you, but my mouse works with the Oculus on inside the headset, so that is a problem. You might need an update on Oculus to 1.19, Video drivers update to most recent and the mouse itself, first try a different USB port for it as that's sometimes a problem with oculus, both your keyboard and mouse are USB so when the oculus sensor in the headset activate the USB ports for those devices are disabled. If you hold your finger on the sensor in the headset does the mouse become disabled on the screen? I would look at changing USB ports for them first, make sure your hmd is plugged into the video card and a USB on motherboard. Go simple first with troubleshooting and then the more complex things. I know I have problems with a USB expansion card on the front of my gaming PC that didnt work with oculus until I updated the drivers