Sign in to follow this  
Arz2934

NGX Texture Issue with PTA 2.6

I have P3Dv4.1 and PTA 2.6 installed. About two to three hours into my NGX flights, I start having a texture issue on the panel as seen below. I have just started using PTA as of the release of 2.6, and in v4.0 (using PTAbsolute standalone) I never had this issue. I am currently using the included preset with PTA with some of the cloud tweaks adjusted. 

Does anyone know if this is issue is caused by PTA, and if so, which tweak causes the issue? I only have the NGX installed in v4.1 at the moment, so I have not been able to test other aircraft. I also have not seen the issue on shorter flights. 

2017-10-13_23-22-30-763.jpg

I had a strange issue this evening. I was into a three hour flight in the PMDG 747 using the supplied ini file for PTA 2.6 and all of a sudden my entire environment went exterrmly dark, almost like someone turned my monitor brightness all the way down. It wasn’t a video issue because Windows looked just fine. Is just involved P3D 4.1. I’ll keep an eye on this. Before this I was running 4.0 and the previous version of PTA for months with no issues.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I'll keep an eye out for anyone else having this issue. It doesn't sound to me like a PTA issue though.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

It's not an issue with PTA. I've been having the issue since night before last. See the NGX forum I made a video showing the problem with the backlighting in the captain wide not working. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Matt quick question on your new ini that comes with 2.60. Does it enable HDR in my settings now? I know with your previous build and ini, HDR was not enabled.

Thanks

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.