Sign in to follow this  
Freo

P3Dv4 Stopped working

Yesterday afternoon, I started the sim, and I got the usual black square with the P3D4 logo. It started to load the scenery for about 3 seconds, and then it just disappeared off the screen. When I clicked the desktop icon again, I got a very short blue circle and then nothing. Tried the same thing a few times, with the same result. I shutdown the comp. and tried again, with the same result. I then ran repair through the uninstall program, It went through the repair operation but it still refuses to start. The only change I have made is to the default airport location and aircraft.  Running Windows 7 64 bit, and I have the sim installed into my dedicated E Drive, instead of C. Anybody got any idea what the problem could be.

Cheers. 

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Change to one of the P3d default aircraft and start up that as the default flight, then change to the aircraft you wish to use.  It's a bug that certain add-on mfrs, including Carenado, have had.  If you're using a P3d default aircraft, change to the A36.  I had the same issue, and that fixed it.  Now I start with the Carenado 337.  There are just certain gauges that don't initialize properly.

John

Hi Cactus521,

I had the PMDG 737NGX as the start up aircraft, but as the sim will not start, how do I go about changing anything?

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Goto  "c:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files" and delete (or rename) your 737 startup files. You may also need te delete the "Previous Flight" files

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Thank you, thank you, both. It worked like a charm. Started up with no problem :biggrin: .

Cheers, from a happy chappy

Neil Ward

1 hour ago, Freo said:

Hi Cactus521,

I had the PMDG 737NGX as the start up aircraft, but as the sim will not start, how do I go about changing anything?

It has been well documented here through several threads, to never have the PMDG aircraft, any of them, as your default start-up aircraft in any sim, be it FSX, FSX-SE or P3D, as it causes issues.

• Upvote 1

As I have only had P3D for a few days, I have not been following any threads concerning problems with having PMDG aircraft as default start up. As for FSX, I have been running it for years with the PMDG NGX as the default start up, without any problems. That's why I decided to do what I did. However, lesson learnt!  

Neil Ward