Sign in to follow this  
Marco917

Feature suggestion

Hi, enjoyed your Cosford video, I wasn't able to make it unfortunately but I would have asked this question had I been there!  Do you think it possible to include a voice control feature with chaseplane?  You know, switching between cameras by saying 'pilot', 'chase', 'pedestal'.  I love the product, along with TrackIR I couldn't bear to be without it now.  Regards, Mark

Hi Mark,

The built-in speech recognition in Windows is not reliable enough for us to include such a feature.
If we build a mobile application at some point, we might include this as a feature.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

13 hours ago, Marco917 said:

Do you think it possible to include a voice control feature with chaseplane?  You know, switching between cameras by saying 'pilot', 'chase', 'pedestal'

You might be able to assign keys to each of the cameras, then use something like VAC to switch between them.

I have a copy of VAC.  Give me a few days and I'll run a few tests..

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Marco,

Sorry for the delay.  I played with CP and VAC a bit and it worked pretty well. 

The biggest downside that I saw was that the VAC command is paired with a keyboard shortcut.   If the profile has a lot of views and you want to be able to access all of them verbally, then you'll need a lot of keyboard shortcuts.   

You might also need a VAC profile for each aircraft, unless you keep the naming convention of the views consistent between aircraft.  There is a way to overcome some of that, but its a bit messy.

In the end, it depends on how badly you want speech and how much you'll be using it.  VAC is $18, but there are similar programs which might be less expensive.   Likely none of them are perfect solutions.

If you're in no hurry, then I'll do a follow-up once I've used it a bit.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem