Sign in to follow this  
Benny360lol

GSX and EZDOK not working.

Hello there!

I´ll try and make this short, hehe. I had a guy over to help me sort out some stuff on my pc and get me a new antivirus software + pc booster. So he deleted a lot of files I didn't need and after the virus programs where installed and my computer was cleaned my fix started acting weird. Everything worked fine except for EZDOK. When I loaded fsx, the ezdok didn't work. so I couldn't fly or do much else. I tried fixing for ages and ended up uninstalling it and installing it again. Didn't work. so I kept doing that maybe 5 times putting it in different folders and stuff, but it wouldn't download. Its like it never really fully downloaded it self. So I tried maybe 4-5 hours, but no luck. The thing is that after downloading it I always found the files, but the main exe file from EZCA would not work. Either it would just disappear or id get some sort of error message. Then today I factory set my whole computer after backup and started over again. I installed all my add-ons, but gsx won't work. Its downloaded but when I press Ctrl+F12 nothing happens. And add-on manager won't show in fix either. (see pictures). And then I tried downloading ezdok and now its downloaded and I can open the EZCA.EXE file.

____On GSX____ After resetting my pc I tried opening Coutl.exe as administrator, and got Ann error saying that Coutl couldn't open because of missing a API.MS-Win-crt-stdio-1-1-0.dll file. So I went online and downloaded it and put it in the SYSWOW64 folder. Then that API-MS error disappeared, but a new one came. The new one said (Program could not start properly (0x000007b), press OK to shut the program).

Just remembered. A few times when I managed to open EZCA.exe before factory resetting my computer it would open, but then it wouldn't activate in fsx. It would stay disconnected. (where it should say "active" in yellow on Ezdok there was just grey)

So my problem is that Ezdok isn't working with fsx and neither is GSX or addon mannager. Pleas help me with this problem. I´m hoping someone has an easy fix out here.

PC info:

Windows 8, FSX:SE. Virus programs are: COMODO internet security, Driver booster 5 and Advanced SystemCare 10.

I dont know how to add all the pictures so just send me your email and I´ll send them if needed :)

NEW UPDATE!

Hi again. I read up more on the problem and after turning off the wifi I started up my sim and Ezdok came straight on and now working 100%. Gsx is still not working though. I still get the 0X000007b error when I fire up FSX. I think the reason ezdok didn't work was because of the antivirus program. So should I get ridd of the antivirus program and run on nothing or a new one? If new, anything you guys recommend? I still need help with GSX though.

Regards Benjamin Blanchard

Benjamin,

You keep throwing the word downloading and downloaded around and it makes it hard to understand. When you download a program like EZCA or GSX, that's the part when you obtain the files to install. Then you have to install the program. Don't confuse installing with downloading or say I downloaded GSX meaning you installed it. Installed is not the same as the program has been downloaded. Ok, now that that's out of the way, let examine the issue.

When you download (fetch from internet) some programs like GSX its best to turn off the antivirus program and keep it turn off until after you actually install the program. Then you can turn on the antivirus security but you need to exclude FSX and other necessary files from programs that are installed outside of FSX to prevent the antivirus program from mistaking them for security threats and quarantining then. A lot of time when people have issue with GSX and some programs from Flight1 is because they downloaded them and installed them with the antivirus turned on.

You could try uninstalling GSX from the control panel, turning off your antivirus, download the GSX installer again from FSDT, install it, then exclude your FSX folder and other necessary folders from the antivirus program and restart it. Unfortunately a lot of security programs these days are over zealous and cause more problems with FSX and related programs than their worth.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello and thanks for replying. I turned off the antivirus program and installed EZCA again and everything worked out as it should. But the gsx I did the same with (downloaded from FSDT and then it installed (Made a folder "FSdreamteam"in fsx)) but still no success. (with antivirus off). Usually when I have installed the gsx there should come up which sim I´m using (fsx:se, fsx or prepar3d). But now it doesn't show. But the folder of gsx does appear in the fsx root folder on my pc.

14jacwhi: Hey. When I open fsx and go on "add-ons", I dont get the option for the add-on manager. So I can't open FSDT and enter my activation code. So no, I have not entered my activation code anywhere. I still get the 0x000007b error on fsx startup. And the 0x000007B error is connected to GSX.

Regards Benjamin 

17 hours ago, Benny360lol said:

Hello and thanks for replying. I turned off the antivirus program and installed EZCA again and everything worked out as it should. But the gsx I did the same with (downloaded from FSDT and then it installed (Made a folder "FSdreamteam"in fsx)) but still no success. (with antivirus off). Usually when I have installed the gsx there should come up which sim I´m using (fsx:se, fsx or prepar3d). But now it doesn't show. But the folder of gsx does appear in the fsx root folder on my pc.

You don't need to make a folder in FSX called FSDreamteam, the installer should complete all actions necessary.

Given what you have tried I suggest you post the troubles you're having on the FSDT support forum where you can get help from the developer. Sometimes they can even do a TeamViewer session with you for complex problems. You'll probably get it working faster asking them than you will here.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

cmpbellsjc: Ok, i´ll try there forum :)

p.s. i have not made the FSdreamteam folder in my fsx root my self. GSX makes it when I install it after downloading it from FSDT´s home page. 

Thanks for the help :)